The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

FflurCadwgawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They're bad not just for cats. I require an EpiPen around most air fresheners as well as any candle (used to be just scented candles but that's changed to any kind of candle, and it's also now all fragrances). I can barely use Murphys Oil Soap without needing to dive for some kind of relief.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
My sinuses are very sensitive. I hate strong perfume and those kinds of things. I also noticed Felix has asthma attacks the more we use sprays so, I stopped. There is no use. I never found that Febreeze did much in terms of odor anyway, just spraying chemicals around. Because of this, I've learned to love natural body odor, cat and dog alike. I prefer that much more over a burning nasil passage, headache, and just overall bleh feeling. If someone comes over and they think the house smell proper nasty then tough. I'll air the place out, crack a window or whatever. But, don't expect me to spray anything.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may cuddle him with my blessings. I shall not.

Is there such a thing as "tritto?" "Ditto" is already taken...
No updates. She is in many of our *PRAYERS* and we hope that if she checks in here, she will read about all of us who care and respond.
As for the little fluffy guy, *done* :yeah:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Just found another stray cat and my mom refuses to take me to the shelter... :frustrated: She literally walked into my house and kept crying at my door to be let in. I went outside and she cried to me and followed me around. I gave her breakfast, she ate. I rubbed her, scratched her chin, she purred. My mom's argument is that she is too friendly so therefore, she belongs to someone. But I'm in charge of this entire colony technically so if I see an unaltered female that could potentially add another 3 - 6 kittens to our already growing population, what am I supposed to do? Obviously, I'm going to take her in to get fixed.

I'm afraid she might be pregnant. Being female and outside, it's a sure possibility.

IMG-20190806-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20190806-WA0001.jpg

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just found another stray cat and my mom refuses to take me to the shelter... :frustrated: She literally walked into my house and kept crying at my door to be let in. I went outside and she cried to me and followed me around. I gave her breakfast, she ate. I rubbed her, scratched her chin, she purred. My mom's argument is that she is too friendly so therefore, she belongs to someone. But I'm in charge of this entire colony technically so if I see an unaltered female that could potentially add another 3 - 6 kittens to our already growing population, what am I supposed to do? Obviously, I'm going to take her in to get fixed.

I'm afraid she might be pregnant. Being female and outside, it's a sure possibility.

View attachment 295217View attachment 295218
She's so pretty. I'd ask mom if she wants more kittens hanging around. That might change her mind.

You, my dear, are an angel. Those cats are so lucky to have you. :hugs:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 295217View attachment 295218
I don't suppose you could get an Uber or Lyft to and from the vet? Just thinking.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And this little one tried to come for lunch. I just herded him to the side of the house and let him be. He's no longer there, so I think he may have gone under the house. Which is fine, there are a few mice I've been trying to get rid of.

Snake.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And this little one tried to come for lunch. I just herded him to the side of the house and let him be. He's no longer there, so I think he may have gone under the house. Which is fine, there are a few mice I've been trying to get rid of.

View attachment 295261
Oh, he's gorgeous! Pine-Gopher snake, yes? Here's my sweet Slither, who is hopefully HUGE by now and ruling over her territory.
IMG_0998.JPG

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, he's gorgeous! Pine-Gopher snake, yes? Here's my sweet Slither, who is hopefully HUGE by now and ruling over her territory.View attachment 295271
Slither is beautiful.
At first I didn't think gopher because the gopher's around here usually have a yellow belly. But since he's definitely not a bull snake, it must be gopher.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Slither is beautiful.
At first I didn't think gopher because the gopher's around here usually have a yellow belly. But since he's definitely not a bull snake, it must be gopher.
Slither was about 7' long when we left there, so hopefully she's enormous by now! The people we sold to promised they'd let her be. She'd climb right up the barn wall to the overhead lights where she could catch mice and rats. We had chickens, so of course there were a lot of rodents.
IMG_0942.JPG

We had red racers, sidewinders, rattlesnakes and the (in)famous Mojave greens up there, too. I happened upon a green having lunch up in the henhouse one day when I went up to the chickens' yard. The south end of a large rat was sticking out of the snake's mouth. Needless to say, I high-tailed it back to the house.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only venomous snake I've seen on my property was a Canyon Rattler (aka. Grand Canyon Rattlesnake). Don't even know how he got here. However, we do have the Green Mojave up here. They aren't near as aggressive as a desert mojave though.
I used to have a 6', as big around as my wrist, gopher snake living under the house..'Buddy'. I never saw a mouse or packrat for years. This one was only around 3' and I'm hoping he stays under the house for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.