kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the recommendation. I got one of the XL playpens for the foster kitten, only $31.99. I think it'll work better than the dog crate I have him in now. Probably be good to have around for emergencies too.

Small is only $23.99 so that's very reasonable.

(I know someone else already linked but the pink one they linked to costs more)

The Amazon Basics version also looks good, costs about $10 more. And Tractor Supply has the Furhaven one for the same price if anyone is opposed to Amazon.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for asking. He's the same. Start is supposed to be tomorrow. Then radiation will start and he'll be probably be miserable. But hopefully, it will save his life.
Surgery is tomorrow or start of treatment? I'm sorry, I think I may have missed a post. I hope all goes well for him. How is your sister?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Surgery is tomorrow. I'm not sure how much you missed, but he was diagnosed with a rare bone cancer calle chordoma. It's literally 1 in a million and can happen at any age, but is most commonly found in men aged 50-60. It usually starts in the skull and spine. Thank God Shane's has not spread to his spine.
Tomorrow, they will remove as much of the tumor as possible. From there radiation. And likely a feeding tube as the radiation will cause blisters in his throat make eating too painful.

And my sister isn't doing well with it. She's barely sleeping and not eating enough. She's short and blunt with people, then apologizes and I tell her not to worry about it; that people understand. She's all over the place and terrified. She's handling it as well as any mother would, which isn't well at all.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Surgery is tomorrow. I'm not sure how much you missed, but he was diagnosed with a rare bone cancer calle chordoma. It's literally 1 in a million and can happen at any age, but is most commonly found in men aged 50-60. It usually starts in the skull and spine. Thank God Shane's has not spread to his spine.
Tomorrow, they will remove as much of the tumor as possible. From there radiation. And likely a feeding tube as the radiation will cause blisters in his throat make eating too painful.

And my sister isn't doing well with it. She's barely sleeping and not eating enough. She's short and blunt with people, then apologizes and I tell her not to worry about it; that people understand. She's all over the place and terrified. She's handling it as well as any mother would, which isn't well at all.
I didn't miss anything, I just didn't know when the surgery was. Of course your sis is all over the place, she is scared and has to put on a brave face for Shane.
Hugs for Shane, your sis, family, and you. :hugs:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, small potatoes compared to what Shane is going through, but I got the DNA test results. Negative. My mother lied. Again.
Aw, that sucks. :grouphug:

Sometime, if you have any extra money, try doing a 23andMe kind of test and see who it matches you up with. You might be able to find your father's side that way.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, he did. He really likes it, but he wasn't feeling well when Christi made the video. He's feeling a bit better now, though.
The look on his face made me misty eyed. Thank you for letting us know his wish list. When he is feeling better an the Fire is set up, I can send things directly to it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I am so over the heat and humidity. My Vincie girl loves being outside so I let her stay out from about 5:30am till noon, then brought her in for a 3 hour nap. She wanted back out so I squirted her with tepid H2O and she then went underneath Harvey's lowest deck step. I put a bowl of water near her with an ice pack in it.
I tried to read but the heat was brutal so I went back in. I had dozed off and went back out. She was all stretched out on the grass where it's shady. She was only about 10 feet from me but couldn't see me because her vision is so bad. I approached her and she started making the Vincie girl sounds so I picked her up and brought her in. She stood on the floor in the kitchen for a few minutes, then wanted something to eat. After that she went upstairs, drank water and went to sleep. I wish it wasn't so hot so she could stay out all day. That is her favorite thing in life. Big Cal prefers being inside in the ac.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it is. But I'll get over it. My mom got all offended that I did a test and didn't trust her and won't tell me anything. I guess she wasn't expecting to get found out. Go figure. Oh well . I'll do an ancestry test when I can afford it and maybe something will pop up. I guess they have more US customers than 23 & Me and I'll be playing the odds.

Shane is in surgery. They're going after as much of the tumor as they can while keeping his odds of surviving the surgery high.

Status
Not open for further replies.