The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
When I saw them on Saturday, it looked like neither of them had slept in days. I keep telling them they need to take care of themselves, too and they keep saying they are, but it's gotta be rough.
Of course it must very rough on them. Maybe they can get some rest now.
I'm sure she enjoyed your visit and support and Shane did as well. I hope he
is out of pain soon.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, John didn't get the job with Dish. They decided not to hire him because 10 years ago, he had a misdemeanor BAC charge. They told him that he could write a letter as an appeal. I helped him with it and made it sound all nice and stuff. I understand that they are concerned with liability since he'll be driving, but the charge was a decade ago. His record has been clean ever since. So, he accepted another job - an overnight shift helping care for Alzheimer's patients. If the appeal is successful, he'll probably leave this job.
No updates about Shane. I'm not sure if they completed testing the sample for the biopsy or not. I wait for Christi to call because I know they're not getting much rest and I don't want to accidentally wake her up if she's able to nap.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
So, John didn't get the job with Dish. They decided not to hire him because 10 years ago, he had a misdemeanor BAC charge. They told him that he could write a letter as an appeal. I helped him with it and made it sound all nice and stuff. I understand that they are concerned with liability since he'll be driving, but the charge was a decade ago. His record has been clean ever since. So, he accepted another job - an overnight shift helping care for Alzheimer's patients. If the appeal is successful, he'll probably leave this job.
No updates about Shane. I'm not sure if they completed testing the sample for the biopsy or not. I wait for Christi to call because I know they're not getting much rest and I don't want to accidentally wake her up if she's able to nap.
Oh, no. So sorry about that. Hopefully the appeal will be successful.

Sometimes it takes days for tests to come back. Yes, your sis needs to rest. Good idea not to call. She knows you're thinking of her. It's that sister thing.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ten years ago? That shouldn't even be a consideration IMHO. If he tests okay now and in the future, why should that matter? :sigh:
Hope the new job works out for him until another is offered.
*PRAYERS* continuing for Shane, and family!:vibes::vibes::vibes:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ten years ago? That shouldn't even be a consideration IMHO. If he tests okay now and in the future, why should that matter? :sigh:
Hope the new job works out for him until another is offered.
*PRAYERS* continuing for Shane, and family!:vibes::vibes::vibes:
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Everyone does stupid things when they're young. He was 23 and dumb. We've all been there - different levels of dumb and we don't always get caught, but still.
I am proud of him for doing a job that he's probably going to hate to keep us going.
And thank you very much for the prayers. I heard from my sister last night. They're still waiting for the results of the biopsy.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Everyone does stupid things when they're young. He was 23 and dumb. We've all been there - different levels of dumb and we don't always get caught, but still.
I am proud of him for doing a job that he's probably going to hate to keep us going.
And thank you very much for the prayers. I heard from my sister last night. They're still waiting for the results of the biopsy.
Yeah, one thing it will be is difficult. People who care for dementia patients well are angels. And I hope there's a special place in hell for those who mistreat them. Just "regular" people are trying enough most of the time IMHO!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
His record has been clean ever since. So, he accepted another job - an overnight shift helping care for Alzheimer's patients. If the appeal is successful, he'll probably leave this job.
I think that is utterly absurd. And I'm keeping a candle lit that they have SOME good sense, and that the appeal is successful! Meanwhile, he has an income, and is doing the work of the angels.

The backyard fireworks have already started. I have to go try to coax Hekitty out from under the bed now.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aedan loves poppers!
Those poppers look cool and much safer than what my neighbors use.
We had a nice pool like that when I was a kid & we ruined it by swimming in circles like that. We busted the sides in. :lol:

Old man Beagle passed around 1:45 this morning
Sorry to hear that about your beagle. :(:hugs:

FflurCadwgawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Today is ridiculously hot and humid for WNY (80 F in the shade at 10 AM with 80% humidity), and my house doesn't have AC ('twas built when we didn't *need* it during the summers), so I am off to the air conditioned library as I found a syllabus for one of my required courses in the fall and my inner Ravenclaw is panicking just a tad. :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.