The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I only posted a comment to the article saying that what the couple said about needing an appointment was questionable because the clinic was a walk in. A "friend" of the couple slammed my comment saying that the couple did go to that clinic in yesterday morning ("friend" said he / she had to watch the couple's stuff so it wouldn't be stolen off the streets. Assuming that means the "friend" is also another homeless person since the article kind of implied the couple were new to the area) but the clinic was too busy to see them and then went on this whole thing about veterinary care and internal injuries and adrenaline and how I knew nothing about veterinary medicine. Um, so you do????

The male half of the couple also responded in general saying that he and his GF were not drug addicts or anything and really needed the money for the dog's care.

Should I point the couple to the SPCA which offers pet care assistance to those in need? Or just not get into this issue anymore? I feel bad for the dog but the whole article seems really sketchy to me.

I would point them to SPCA and then let it go. No need to take verbal abuse.
Yes, it does seem sketchy.

The couple didn't write the article. Someone from that news web site did. Maybe the writer is just really bad at getting facts together and writing an article that makes sense. Who knows?
I would point them to SPCA and then let it go. No need to take verbal abuse.
Yes, it does seem sketchy. I was scammed last summer by someone who told me his daughter needed a liver transplant. I met him on Words with Friends. We talked online for several months. I sent him $300.00 which doesn't sound like a lot of money to some people but I live on disability and it is a lot for me.
Stupid, stupid....of course I never got the money back. I reported it the FBI. On their website is a option to report online scams but since this was international there is no way I will ever see that money again. Always listen to that little voice inside that tells you somethin' ain't right. I spent a lot of time crying over this but have moved on.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Also I take issue with with the claim the couple made about their dog being a "service animal".... for anxiety issues:nono: The dog would be an ESA / comfort animal, NOT a service animal:gaah:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Also I take issue with with the claim the couple made about their dog being a "service animal".... for anxiety issues:nono: The dog would be an ESA / comfort animal, NOT a service animal:gaah:
Yep! There is a ESA/comfort dog, Tobie Keith, at my therapist's office, so sweet. Big difference.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sent him $300.00 which doesn't sound like a lot of money to some people but I live on disability and it is a lot for me.
Jeez, I'm sorry that happened to you. :( $300 is a lot of money! That could buy a lot of hot sauce. (I'm on a hot sauce kick lately.)

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 Very hopeful news update and very good that one of the doctors has seen this before. It may help in treating Shane.
Hoping catspaw66 catspaw66 can help with that generous offer. I've yet to know of any kid who doesn't want to be connected to the outside world.
And that is a wonderful celebration, @Mother Dragon -- a friend of mine threw a big party for her mom's birthday a few years back and she had a chocolate Costco cake, so I know firsthand how good they are. Really, really decadent. Anyone needing something like this couldn't do better IMHO.
All I am waiting for is a PM with an address to send it to. Charged and factory reset. It will require a WiFi connection to set up.

FflurCadwgawn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our severe weather siren just went off, such a scary creepy sound. The sky was blue and sunny ten minutes ago. Hate these storms...
Many hugs! I used to do historical re-enactments and one involved a wagon train. Unfortunately for me that night we were camped with the wagons a severe storm came through with frequent cloud to ground lighting. Next day, four tornadoes blew through *IN BUFFALO*. Let's just say I'm forever shell shocked about thunderstorms. I have an unhealthy level of extreme respect usually bordering on panic for them now. :(

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Sent and thank you again.
How is Shane? I bet your sister is relieved he is in good hands with the new doc who has seen Shane's type of problem before. She and your b.i.l. must be exhausted. I hope they can get some rest now that the shunt is in.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Many hugs! I used to do historical re-enactments and one involved a wagon train. Unfortunately for me that night we were camped with the wagons a severe storm came through with frequent cloud to ground lighting. Next day, four tornadoes blew through *IN BUFFALO*. Let's just say I'm forever shell shocked about thunderstorms. I have an unhealthy level of extreme respect usually bordering on panic for them now. :(
They scare me, always. Even if there is just a watch for them.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Stay safe.
Thank you! Rained very hard but I didn't have to water the tomatoes. We have no spigot on the duplex so it's all hand watering. Big Cal was petrified as she is afraid of all loud noise. I found her inside the cabinet underneath the bathroom sink.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm sorry he is in pain. I hope your sis can get some rest although I'm sure she is still worried and you as well.

You're all in my prayers. :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.