The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can get cheap DNA tests on Amazon. They aren't legally binding but might get him to admit it.

My mom got one for my brother's youngest kid, even though he looks just like the rest of us. . .no surprises in that test, lol.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HE isn't denying that the baby is his, as far as I know. But the state will make him take a DNA test anyway and charge him for it when it comes up positive since he didn't want to just sign the birth certificate.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, looks like I've gotta force my grandma to the doctor. It's like pulling hen's teeth, but she's been complaining about a callous hurting on her foot. I looked at it and sent pictures to my mom, the nurse. It looks pretty bad. Anyone know anything to help her until I can get get an appointment and drag her there kicking and screaming? I can't get a picture to upload right now. But it's really big and her big toe is really red and looks swollen.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that ER worthy? I can probably get her an appointment tomorrow or Tuesday and the ER doctors here are awful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with you that ER doctors have the personality of a doorknob, but that looks infected and she's even got another going on the outside of her foot.
Being at the ER for hours is no fun, but it does need to possibly be lanced and her on antibiotics.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's refusing. I'm going back over to try to drag her out. She's 88. Simple things can become bad with the elderly. She needs to take care of it.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I had no idea there was a pre-health science pathway for people who want to be a nurse or vet technician. When I spoke to someone from the college I applied to before, this option was not mentioned to me. Well, at least there is still a chance for me to become a veterinary technician. :yess:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had no idea there was a pre-health science pathway for people who want to be a nurse or vet technician. When I spoke to someone from the college I applied to before, this option was not mentioned to me. Well, at least there is still a chance for me to become a veterinary technician. :yess:
YES! Where there's a will, you know! And now you have your way!

Alicia88 Alicia88 , SO happy that this wasn't worse, and it certainly could have been, had you not insisted on her going right away. These things turn very bad in a heartbeat, especially in the elderly!

Been gone almost a week, nasty flu-like virus. Back now, and almost 100%!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We bought a car today! It's a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country; 139k miles. I traded in my old car - he gave me $800 as trade in value!!! That's what I paid for it 3 years ago! I have to admit; I cried when I left it behind. It was good to me. And then we paid $3000 cash. So no payments. It's SO nice! Automatic everything; I can hit a button and open and close the side and rear doors!!! It's even got a backup sensor and the digital readouts for tire pressure, gas mileage, and all that other fancy stuff. I'm totally over the moon about it.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandma has a follow up appointment on Wednesday. I'm going with her and I'm asking them to check her for diabetes. Her sugar was a little high. The ER doctor said it wasn't diabetes high, but higher than normal. And she had REALLY high blood pressure in the ER. They ended up giving her meds to get it down. They said the infection could have raised it and it might have been higher from the stress of being in a hospital but that's something that needs watched, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.