The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I've been putting up various ads in various groups to find a home for Lilah
. Last night she almost held Bee down to bite her
This morning again. A lady gave me the name and number of a small shelter that deals in cases like Lilah. They have a foster team and manage to rehome. They are open on Tuesday. I've thought long and hard all weekend about this.

I know many of you disappointed in this but I have to do what I can to give Bee a good home. I'm ok with surrendering Lilah to this shelte . They are a no kill shelter. I am afraid of waking up to a bloody wound on Bee and psychological trauma that she would endure at being over powered and harmed. I can't tolerate another animal harming Bee.

I've never dealt with this before or at least not since I was a kid and we had this obnoxious cat who attacked everyone. Lilah loves people. Just needs to be the only pet.

Bee has been traumatized by not being able to use the catbox in 24 hours so I've made the decision to rehome Lilah at the shelter this week. They come highly recommended and I feel ok with this. The 3 people who expressed interest have changed their minds.

Jon doesn't agree with my decision but I don't expect him to understand the fear I have of waking up to a bloody injured cat. I've tried to keep Lilah locked in a room and she is digging up the carpet.

The past two nights Bee sleeps on me from 10pm till I get up. She's absolutely terrorized and that's not fair to her.
Honestly, as hard as this would be, I'd probably do the same thing. Both cats deserve an environment where they can thrive and feel comfortable and safe, so I think you've made the right decision.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thinking of getting the boys a window perch. They have an elevated cat bed that I've put by the window and they love sleeping in it, but they always end up squeezing themselves onto the ledge to watch birds. Once I get the refunds from two items I am returning I am going to spend the money on a perch. I know they will love it, I can feel it in my gut that this would be a good investment. They also aren't too expensive.

Bought a pack of sardines (in water) today and shredded one for the boys as a snack. They inhaled it and then licked the plates clean.

I try not to give them fish too often, however, I'd rather them eat sardines than tuna or salmon. A decent-sized tin of sardines is also way cheaper than a 3oz can of Rawz's Tuna and Chicken Shreds (one of the boys' favorites). They actually seemed to like the sardines more, so I'd say buying a tin every so often wouldn't hurt.

Their breath stinks like nothing else though :barfgreen:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking of getting the boys a window perch. They have an elevated cat bed that I've put by the window and they love sleeping in it, but they always end up squeezing themselves onto the ledge to watch birds. Once I get the refunds from two items I am returning I am going to spend the money on a perch. I know they will love it, I can feel it in my gut that this would be a good investment. They also aren't too expensive.

Bought a pack of sardines (in water) today and shredded one for the boys as a snack. They inhaled it and then licked the plates clean.

I try not to give them fish too often, however, I'd rather them eat sardines than tuna or salmon. A decent-sized tin of sardines is also way cheaper than a 3oz can of Rawz's Tuna and Chicken Shreds (one of the boys' favorites). They actually seemed to like the sardines more, so I'd say buying a tin every so often wouldn't hurt.

Their breath stinks like nothing else though :barfgreen:
We have two window perches and they've gotten a LOT of enjoyment! They are a great thing to get for cats.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise

I made a toaster out of pink foam, illustration board, and foam core. It's not done of course but I've reached pretty far with it. It's an assignment for my concept modelmaking class. :blush:

I made a few mistakes but it's a learning process and I'm proud of the fact that I made a whole toaster so...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What perches do you have? I've seen a lot on Amazon and there's one I'm looking at but curious what ones you use.
One is from Drs. Foster & Smith, our favorite place for cat supplies, which was bought by Petco a few years back and unfortunately closed on Feb. 19 of this year.
I don't recall where the other one came from. We've had both for quite awhile.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I've only had the corral panels up for a few hours and already have around 15 inquiries on them. Three of them want the whole lot for $1300.
Who knew there was such a demand for panels?
And my mini horse cart got rejected and flagged. I guess because of the word 'horse'. I had it reviewed and it was finally allowed. Need to word things better I guess.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I've only had the corral panels up for a few hours and already have around 15 inquiries on them. Three of them want the whole lot for $1300.
Who knew there was such a demand for panels?
And my mini horse cart got rejected and flagged. I guess because of the word 'horse'. I had it reviewed and it was finally allowed. Need to word things better I guess.
What's wrong with horse? :headscratch:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I spent last night in the masterbedroom with Lilah-she's pretty active...jump on the bed, in the window, go crunch, walk around..meow dig at the door. I put down cardboard and taped it down..she can scratch to her content.

I hate sleepign on a bed so only got about 3 hours of sleep...watched some stupid show on Netflix-Lilah only cuddled with me once...she purrs when I pet her though. She didn't seem to care that she can't roam the house.

This morning she was sleeping in her cave and none for the wear.

Been eating 80% of the wet food I put down. She gets half a can am then pm again.

Bee spent the night in her high rise according to Jon-she took coaxing to come down-treats and holding her...she cuddled with me on my couch making biscuits and purring away..she realized that Lilah wasn't going to come out and attack her...we will try this seperation for the next few days. The shelter I want to call isn't open until Tuesday and I can't surrender her until after Friday anyways-I am hoping she will be content to live in that room and Jon will have to spend some time in there with her...Bee didn't seem too upset at the bedroom door closed...I told Jon to let her out of the room if Bee is outside after Tomorrow. I want her locked up for 24 hours-to give everyone a break...

This other cat came from a horrible hoarding situation-so it's any wonder she even tolerates other animals-I wonder if they chased her and taunted her...but I promise I will work hard to find her a single cat home with vet references and home check. I won't give her to just anyone. If no one steps up-then we just deal with it here.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat Lilah IS adorable and it sounds like you've worked out a livable temporary situation for her and Bee. *PRAYERS* for the perfect home for her, whatever that turns out to be.
kashmir64 kashmir64 Yes, it is surprising and it's amazing what prices they go for! My ex #3 sold one of our corrals complete to a neighbor -- don't remember if he told me what he got for it, but it was a lot, I know that. Metal is expensive!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 Yes, it is surprising and it's amazing what prices they go for! My ex #3 sold one of our corrals complete to a neighbor -- don't remember if he told me what he got for it, but it was a lot, I know that. Metal is expensive!
I will be putting up a 50' round pen soon. This time, I'll be a little smarter knowing how fast panels go. The price just went up.
Just wait until I get to the barn.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think the other perch is from CatClaws.com, another favorite cat-related business. They don't seem to have them any more. I guess a google search is in order!
I couldn't find any site that had Dr fosters and smith, but I'll have to look at that site because I'm always looking for new places to spend too much money on my boys lol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't find any site that had Dr fosters and smith, but I'll have to look at that site because I'm always looking for new places to spend too much money on my boys lol
You won't find it, because Drs. Foster & Smith is no more :bawling: But Petco bought it several years ago, and the remaining products can be bought through them. You can visit their website at petco.com and here's the direct link to their three pages of various kinds of perches:
https://www.petco.com/shop/SearchDi...ageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:48&

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You won't find it, because Drs. Foster & Smith is no more :bawling: But Petco bought it several years ago, and the remaining products can be bought through them. You can visit their website at petco.com and here's the direct link to their three pages of various kinds of perches:
https://www.petco.com/shop/SearchDi...ageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:48&
Thanks! I've seen a lot of those on Amazon, actually. It would probably be cheaper on there because I have Prime. I wish I could get those wall perches. Teddy would go nuts because he's a tree dweller as Jackson Galaxy would say. Maybe the next house will have enough space for something like that.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know many of you disappointed in this but I have to do what I can to give Bee a good home.
While it would be disappointing if it had to come to that, it would not be YOU we were disappointed in, but the situation. I KNOW you will do the very best you can for BOTH cats, but Bee has to be your primary concern. Lilah, that cutiepie, was only supposed to be a temporary foster from the beginning. I hope that, one way or another, she ends up in the exactly right situation!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I've seen a lot of those on Amazon, actually. It would probably be cheaper on there because I have Prime. I wish I could get those wall perches. Teddy would go nuts because he's a tree dweller as Jackson Galaxy would say. Maybe the next house will have enough space for something like that.
Another great thing a lot of people do for all perches is IKEA hacks. Get some of their shelves -- there are many styles, colors and finishes -- and put them up. You can customize them with carpet squares or glue thick felt, pillow, or cloth to them. The possibilities are endless!

Status
Not open for further replies.