The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My lab/Shepard mix lived to be 14 and our other mutt (I truly don't know what she had in her, something spaniel but she was almost as big as the lab mix) was almost 17 when we lost her this summer. I think both of their muzzles started turning around 9 or so. Both were technically my mother's dogs; but I still lived at home when they were adopted. I'm starting to miss having a dog around now that I don't have them to go play with.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been getting things to fix up my guest bathroom. Last week I got shower doors in beautiful condition, for $20. Yesterday I got a vanity, sink, counter top, faucets, and matching framed mirror for $220! Getting good used items is great! Of course having them installed will cost a pretty penny.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at the store today and was in the cereal isle. I started looking for pumpkin spice frosted shredded wheat. I saw them last week but didn't buy them. A stock person asked what I needed so I told her. She said "Those have been discontinued, they are seasonal and pumpkin is out of season". Um - What??? Pumpkin is just getting started. She must think it's July or something. She's in for a shock when it snows next week.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pumpkin spice Cheerios were ok, but the pumpkin spice Frosted Flakes got soggy way too fast. I don't like eating mush. I'll check another store soon for the Shredded Wheat. I haven't tried the pumpkin spice Special K, but they will probably get soggy quick too.
Maybe I'll just stick with the Nutter Butter cereal. It's sooo good.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, folks, I haven't been properly following the thread so I'm catching up on several days' worth of posts.

Well done, Alicia! Thanks!

Well, Aislyn is back.
Poor kid.... honestly... almost sounds as if she is being neglected... OMGosh...
No "almost" about it; that's exactly what it sounds like.

The things I buy today are not going back with her.
Good plan.

I shouldn't laugh at this, but I can't help it. I can't control what happens at her mom's so I may as well laugh, right?
Right, but not in front of Aislyn!

kashmir64 kashmir64 , :crossfingers: that you can find a loving home for that poor dog. And bless you for trying so hard for her.

I saw this tonight on the evening news and thought people here would find it interesting: Gene Therapy For Dogs Could Be Soon Used On Humans

I've been busy dealing with homeowner's insurance adjusters and roofers; we need a whole new roof. Fortunately, even with the deductible and upgrading to a really good shingle that won't get more hail damage in future it's going to cost us very little out of pocket. That's kept me sufficiently distracted that I still haven't read the fact sheets on all the local issues that are on the ballot this year. :paperbag: I need to get busy and do that, and then get my ballot filled out and turned in.

Margret

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 , :crossfingers: that you can find a loving home for that poor dog. And bless you for trying so hard for her.
Unfortunately it turned out that I had to give her to the Humane Society. Fortunately, this HS is an extremely low kill and only euthanize if the animal has a very low quality of life or is extremely aggressive. They never euthanize for lack of room.
Everyone I interviewed just wasn't good enough for her, so this was her best option.
BTW, I cried off and on for 3 days after giving her to them. I really wanted to keep her. I'm surprised I got that attached after only 9 days. But I didn't know how she would act with Samai and I didn't want Samai to kill and eat her.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pumpkin spice Cheerios were ok, but the pumpkin spice Frosted Flakes got soggy way too fast. I don't like eating mush. I'll check another store soon for the Shredded Wheat. I haven't tried the pumpkin spice Special K, but they will probably get soggy quick too.
Maybe I'll just stick with the Nutter Butter cereal. It's sooo good.
I associate pumpkin spice with pumpkin pie, so I can only eat pumpkin spice-flavored stuff if it's cold. Pie, ice cream, and yogurt is about it for me.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, though I agree that Aislyn's mother is being neglectful, it's not "severe" neglect and would likely be completely overlooked and making a report would open up a big can of worms that would result in us seeing her even less. So there's nothing we can do.
Mickey is spending a couple of day's with one of John's coworkers. I miss the little guy already. John dropped him off and said he acted confused like, "This isn't my home!" I hope he's ok and doesn't feel abandoned. Unfortunately, you can't explain things like this to a cat. I've been hoping they'd show up to do the inspection today so we could go get Mickey and be done with it, but it's after 2:00 and no one has been here yet. :(

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:gaah:I just want to scream! I spent all day finally putting the necessary time in to vote - checking the voter guides, filling in my ballot. Got done in time, put it in the envelope, signed the envelope and took it to my balloting site with minutes to spare. Just as I was about to put it in the ballot box I remembered that the envelope had to be dated as well as signed, so I rooted around in my purse and took out the first writing implement I could find, dated the envelope, and put it in the box. And just after doing that I suddenly realized that I'd dated it in pencil rather than ink, and that I'd dated it 9-6-2018, instead of 11-6-2018! I think I disqualified my vote, drat it!

I think I'm going to go eat something I shouldn't (along with the correct meds so my body can handle it) and take an antidepressant before bed.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would ask, maybe you didn't invalidate it.
We both voted today, too.
:crossfingers: I doubt that my single vote makes too much difference either way; I'll have to check the final Colorado results tomorrow, but I'm certain that in both the major races (governor, U.S. senator) my candidate won, so it's the state and local races, judge/justice retention, and various initiatives that it might make a difference. As for the judges, they're almost always all retained - a judge has to have done something really majorly bad for Colorado voters to chuck him or her out, and I haven't heard of any of those recently. The initiatives are where things get really hairy in Colorado. This year, for some reason that I have trouble comprehending, a lot of people are all worked up over a proposed constitutional amendment to remove the definition of "industrial hemp" from the constitution and instead use whatever definition the federal government uses (which currently matches the definition in the state constitution). It's a good idea - reduces the potential for federal crackdowns in the future, without really changing anything - but some people seem to be quite worried about it. Perhaps they see something in it that I don't. :dunno:

Yawn. Time to watch Colbert and then give up and head to bed. I've been sitting here putting songs on the cheap mp3 player I picked up at Walmart the other day. Distracts me from the election coverage.

Margret

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had 2 amendments and a proposition concerning medical marijuana. It actually can be very beneficial, and the ammendment I supported appears to have passed. I have no interest in smoking it, but I don't care if others do. Don't do it around kids and don't drive high. But it's not even as bad as alcohol and that's legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.