The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SIGH...my check is in, but I refuse to go shopping until Monday. Look, this is the Friday before Labor Day, and I live near a beach. The stores are going to be CRAMMED! I am out of bread. However, I do have hot dog buns, and I know how to make biscuits, so I'll manage. At least on Monday, the only shoppers will be those picking up last-minute items.

No sign of kittens from Little Bit yet. She had her last litter almost 8 weeks ago...I think...and the first one about 7 weeks before that. I'm beginning to wonder if she lost them all during the rain and flooding. I know that is a real chance, but I keep hoping that she'll come by with at least one yet. I do see that she is slowly putting on some weight again, which leads me to think that she either isn't nursing at all, or only "comfort nursing" now.

I just wish that our town would allow TNR. I'd get her fixed SO FAST! Her, and Dulcie and Callie and Sister Gert. And even vets in our town are required to turn obvious ferals over to animal control for "eradication of vermin."

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mistake - I have a gas water heater, not an electric one. Definitely not messing with gas :headshake: There is a switch in the circuit breaker box for the water tank closet (probably just for the light) and that switch is in the normal position. I dug out the installation guide for the water tank for the troubleshoot section. It wasn't helpful. The pilot light blinks once and then pauses before blinking again. According to the troubleshoot section, that means the water tank is in normal mode. So there must be a problem with the thermostat or heating thingy.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The electric fan for a gas water heater has to be working too, or it all shuts down (as a safety measure). Are all the circuit breaker switches in the right position?

Also, can you see the flame of the pilot light? Mine has gone off a couple times, and I found it fairly easy to re-light (with the built-in electric starter; no way would I go sticking a lit match into a gas appliance!). The instructions were on the heater so I felt comfortable doing it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have hot water :woohoo: The tank itself is fine and working. The problem is the safety valve. It was triggered (the loud pop noise) for some reason. It's supposed to shut off water flow if it detects about 1/4 inch of water in the pan. My pan is bone dry. The plumber figures that the safety valve malfunctioned. He turned a bypass valve on so I can have hot water. The safety valve needs to be replaced since it's a single-use thing. The plumber is going to install a re-settable valve for me next week. He had a Wi-fi one in the truck but I don't need Wi-fi.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you take her a few towns over?
I'd have to borrow a humane trap...which would immediately alert animal control to what I was doing. THEN, since I have no car, I'd have to find someone willing to drive me and a panicked, pooping and yakking feral cat at LEAST 25 miles. I've thought of this. Looked into it. MANY times.

The vets aren't much happy about the ordinance, either, but they have to abide by it or go to a different town. We're working on this. It takes time. Sadly, with very few exceptions, barn cats are not generally treated at all. This is a rural area, our town is tiny and backwards in SO many ways.

Well. Last night was fun. Hekitty has been reduced to FIVE TEMPTATIONS PER DAY only. There is this addiction. Last night I picked up the cannister to give her one, and I managed to drop it just right and the top flew off. Temptations EVERYWHERE! There was a serious one-cat riot in my living room. I'm down on the floor, scrambling to pick up the dratted things, Hekitty is running amok, pulling them to her and SITTING ON THEM so I can't get them back, BOTH of us using language that would make a sailor blush. Every time I see that commercial

I think, yep, that's meh kitteh!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew I kept this stupid app for a reason. Just got a tornado warning. Granted, it's on the reservation about an hour north of me, and moving east. But it's nice to know about this stuff before it takes your house. It could just have easily been here.
It hailed so much this morning, it looked like we got 1" of snow. I was actually sitting with the phone in my hand- just waiting for the app to ring.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I just got another tornado warning. This time it's about 2 hours NW of me, but it's heading ESE. Although we do get tornadoes up here, it's usually not this many in such a short time. We had one a few days ago also.

I'm beginning to feel like I did when I spent my summers in Oklahoma.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd have to borrow a humane trap...which would immediately alert animal control to what I was doing. THEN, since I have no car, I'd have to find someone willing to drive me and a panicked, pooping and yakking feral cat at LEAST 25 miles. I've thought of this. Looked into it. MANY times.

The vets aren't much happy about the ordinance, either, but they have to abide by it or go to a different town. We're working on this. It takes time. Sadly, with very few exceptions, barn cats are not generally treated at all. This is a rural area, our town is tiny and backwards in SO many ways.

Well. Last night was fun. Hekitty has been reduced to FIVE TEMPTATIONS PER DAY only. There is this addiction. Last night I picked up the cannister to give her one, and I managed to drop it just right and the top flew off. Temptations EVERYWHERE! There was a serious one-cat riot in my living room. I'm down on the floor, scrambling to pick up the dratted things, Hekitty is running amok, pulling them to her and SITTING ON THEM so I can't get them back, BOTH of us using language that would make a sailor blush. Every time I see that commercial

I think, yep, that's meh kitteh!
I'm picturing this and it's hilarious.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted my foster kitten today! :bunnydance:
:banana1::banana2::woo:

It's gonna be a late night. It started storming. Storms are relaxing - for me, anyway. Aedan seems to agree. So, we curled up together and had a nice, long nap. Woke up around 10 pm. He's gonna be wide awake for a while. But, I actually don't feel tired for the first time in a very long time.
I also had my first anatomy and physiology quiz today. It was timed so my grandma came over to watch Aedan. Ten minutes in, he had a poopsplosion all over her white shirt. At least I'm not the only one he poops all over! LOL. And I got 23/25 right. Each question was worth 2 points so that's 46/50. Yay me.
Litter boxes are clean and Daddy will be home in just a few minutes. Since Aedan is wide awake and in a good mood, they can have some playtime.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This week's content has opened up in my speech class. After weeks of not being required, I suddenly need a webcam and microphone to make a discussion post. It's due by Wednesday night, and I don't even know if I'll be able to get them in time :gaah:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I was able to find a cheap one with a built-in microphone. I just discovered that Amazon has a special Prime service for students, so I've signed up for a six-month trial. The webcam ought to be here tomorrow.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This week's content has opened up in my speech class. After weeks of not being required, I suddenly need a webcam and microphone to make a discussion post. It's due by Wednesday night, and I don't even know if I'll be able to get them in time :gaah:
I first got a free year of Amazon prime for being a student. They don't have that option anymore? Now I get it half price.

Status
Not open for further replies.