The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a candidate interview today. I had passed the job posting along to my friend to share with others and she immediately said she had a well qualified person in mind who was looking for a job. Great :agree: When it was my turn to interview, I had immediate horrible flashbacks to the :censored: supervisor at my last job :cringe::cringe: Why? The candidate sort of looks like the :censored:, has a similar higher pitched voice, personality, and mannerisms.

I don't know if I can work with someone who gives me flashbacks (and stress and anxiety) so soon after leaving that horrible work place :paperbag: :paranoid:

Experience-wise, the candidate is solid and I know my friend would vouch for her experience since she had trained the candidate herself long ago at a previous job.

I overheard others on the team expressing positive things about the candidate. I have not given my feedback yet. Would it be ok to say that the candidate has solid skills but I 'm not sure about how she would fit into the team? Not sure how to explain that in detail, though :headscratch: I obviously can't say anything about the previous job and the :censored: supervisor. Or should I not give feedback, citing the friend we both know and I don't want my friendship to have any influence on a hiring decision?

I'm pretty sure the candidate will be hired so it probably doesn't even matter what feedback, if any, I give. I'm hoping the candidate is anything like that :censored: once she settles into the job :crossfingers:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Not so muh a protest as comforting themselves by blending their scent with hers. You are now in the market for a GOOD enzymatic cleaner!
Try Office Depot for something called "Enzyme Plus", it's available only on-line, about $20.00 for a gallon. You just pour it on and let it dry, it will literally "eat" the stain taking the stink with it. It will take a few days to dry so if you use it on carpet or something like that put something over it so the cats and you yourself don't walk on it. "Stink Free" from Whisker City available at Petsmart also does a pretty good job.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I put myself on a waiting list for a different apartment complex. These apartments are more like two-room houses, no stairs to climb with heavy groceries. They look so nice. Most importantly, they’re closer to Morgantown.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try Office Depot for something called "Enzyme Plus", it's available only on-line, about $20.00 for a gallon. You just pour it on and let it dry, it will literally "eat" the stain taking the stink with it. It will take a few days to dry so if you use it on carpet or something like that put something over it so the cats and you yourself don't walk on it. "Stink Free" from Whisker City available at Petsmart also does a pretty good job.
It's all on the mattress. Will that save the mattress? It's really soaked into it.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had the cops at my door. Looking for the former resident. We've been getting mail for him from the courts and family services since we moved in. No idea what he did - I've never opened anything, just put a note to have it forwarded. Now I'm a little freaked out. Seems like he's on the run or something. Can I go to the courthouse or something and let them know that he doesn't live here?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a candidate interview today. I had passed the job posting along to my friend to share with others and she immediately said she had a well qualified person in mind who was looking for a job. Great :agree: When it was my turn to interview, I had immediate horrible flashbacks to the :censored: supervisor at my last job :cringe::cringe: Why? The candidate sort of looks like the :censored:, has a similar higher pitched voice, personality, and mannerisms.

I don't know if I can work with someone who gives me flashbacks (and stress and anxiety) so soon after leaving that horrible work place :paperbag: :paranoid:

Experience-wise, the candidate is solid and I know my friend would vouch for her experience since she had trained the candidate herself long ago at a previous job.

I overheard others on the team expressing positive things about the candidate. I have not given my feedback yet. Would it be ok to say that the candidate has solid skills but I 'm not sure about how she would fit into the team? Not sure how to explain that in detail, though :headscratch: I obviously can't say anything about the previous job and the :censored: supervisor. Or should I not give feedback, citing the friend we both know and I don't want my friendship to have any influence on a hiring decision?

I'm pretty sure the candidate will be hired so it probably doesn't even matter what feedback, if any, I give. I'm hoping the candidate is anything like that :censored: once she settles into the job :crossfingers:
If you are asked about your opinion, then, NO absolutely you cannot say anything about how she won't fit in. You don't know this for sure.
Does she have the skills for the job? You can say yes or no to that. Anything personal would be discrimination and you most certainly cannot say anything about that.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The associate director asked the team for feedback and I gave mine, only saying that the candidate has the experience and skills we are looking for.

My other co-worker is only looking for someone she can be friends with. She specifically said the candidate was really nice and she could work with her. We've interviewed other candidates together before and she never has questions to ask or even bothers to Google some interview questions and print out beforehand. I find many Generation Z people totally clueless and only thinking of what they want :cringe:

Anyways, the associate director knows people who know the candidate from her previous jobs and he heard "odd" things about the candidate. HR has concerns about the candidate. The VP has the final decision on the candidate. No one knows what he thinks of the candidate. If he wants the candidate hired, then she'll be hired and, if she accepts which she probably will because her current company is closing down, my stress level will go up until it's clear that even though she reminds me of a horrible person, she is nothing like that person at all :paperbag:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
It's all on the mattress. Will that save the mattress? It's really soaked into it.
It might but you will really have to put a lot of the enzyme cleaner on it and then it will take a long time for it to dry. If you can put it outside in the sun for it to dry that would be ideal. Then when you think it is dry put your nose right on it and take a deep sniff (yeah, that's the only way you will know if it still smells). If the smell is faint spray some Febreze for fabrics on it and let that dry, you may have to do that a few times. Good luck, hopefully it will work.
When my granddaughter was here I noticed she had a really strong body odor no matter how many showers she took. After she left I realized that the overstuffed chair she usually sat on was smelling of her. It took a whole week of me spraying that chair every day before it stopped smelling but it never smelled again so it might work on your mattress also.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I want a donut. I want to make good choices. But I really want a donut. Boston Creme please. :sigh:
"A" donut can be a good choice, if it stills a craving. "A dozen" donuts is not. "A donut every single day" might not be. Look, I have diabetes. I control it (so far :crossfingers:) with diet. Once a month, I allow myself to eat whatever I want. I do not eat as much as I might want, but a little bit of whatever. Knowing that I can do that makes NOT doing it the rest of the month so much easier!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Having failed at more "diets" than most people know ever exsited (most of them at the insistence of my mother), I finally realized that diets set you up for failure. Moderation will get you where you want to go without making you crazy enough to kick the cat. It will take longer, but you'll still have MOST of your friends when you're done. Yes, most. There are always a few that you thought were friends who resent your success terribly.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a new favorite on Pluto TV. Although I really enjoy the cat channel, they do play a lot of the same videos. My new one is Rifftrax. It is MST3K but without the ship and all the children stuff they did before/after commercials. Just the movies. Even has the same people doing the voices. And, the movies are better. Last night they did 'To Catch a Yeti' (stupid movie with Meatloaf), Sharknado and Dreamscape.
i always loved MST3K, but hated the 'kid stuff' they threw in. This channel is perfect.

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88
I "saved" an almost new mattress about 15 years ago from cat urine.
I used a product called "Zero Odor". You need a lot of towels or rags. First, blot up as much liquid as possible.
I piled books in a laundry basket on top of rags to absorb as much moisture as possible.
I soaked the area with the Zero Odor, and blotted that up with rags and weight in the same way. I think blotting the moisture with rags and weight was almost as important as the cleaner I used.
I went through several cycles of Zero Odor on the mattress, then used rags and towels under the clothes basket "weight" to dry out the mattress. I used fans in the room to help the drying process. I kept repeating this cycle until the mattress did not smell. There was a slight yellowish ring around the entire area when I was finished, but there was NO urine odor.
We put a waterproof mattress cover on the matress afterwards to block the cats from redoing this.
We just replaced that mattress this week, and the stain was not a problem when the delivery guys took the old mattress away.
This is the product I used (amazon link)

There is a version for pet odors now, but I have never used that product.
Hope this helps.

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just saying.
I think ours was only about 6 months old and in the $600-800 range. I REALLY didn't want to lose that mattress if I could rescue it. We had to save up for a few months to get that one.
I like the Zero Odor better than the enzyme cleaners now, but that's a personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.