The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Exams start in less than a month's time. I feel prepared, but completely unprepared at the same time - probably because even though I've been working super hard this year, it's only just hit me how close they are! I got my coursework results back, and one got top marks and the other got near enough so; which I'm very pleased about.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Question for you all.

Right now I feed the boys Purina Cat Chow. (I found out the hard way that Midway does not tolerate diet changes.) Recently the store didn't have a small bag of that in stock so out of desperation I got Purina Kitten Chow. I still had a half bag of food at home so I figured that if Midway turned his nose up at it I still had a bit of time to figure out transportation to and from a different store. I fed the regular stuff downstairs, the Kitten Chow upstairs. Montressor took right to it, Midway came around after a few days.

So here's the question. I noticed that Kitten Chow has more protein, which seems important for keeping weight on a senior kitty. So would continuing to buy Kitten Chow be better for the boys? Or is there something in Kitten Chow that would be worse for senior kitties?

iamcasey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your concern mamanyt.. by the way I can truly assure that he will come back. From the previous record, the longest period my cat can disappear is 3 weeks, then he will come back. He will do that every 6 months, I really do not know where my he goes, maybe one day I will put the GPS collar and all will be revealed

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
And let's not forget Green Mountain Asthma powder, which was mostly marijuana! My mom used it when she was a kid.

and paregoric for babies' colic, that stuff had opium in it and was available at any drugstore up into the 60s!

Hi, I'm so sorry your cat is missing! Be sure to start a thread in the Cats S.O.S Forum for advice on finding him, and post here New Cats on the Block to introduce yourself and your cats to the community. In the meantime, WELCOME TO TCS!

Waiting on the police to get here. There was a big fight behind my apartment a couple of days ago, and they want to talk with me about it. I didn't see all of it, but I sure heard it! Two women, going at it hammer and tongs.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I noticed I can handle non prescription sunglasses better if they are polarized. If they are not then they give me a headache. I bought these brown/red shade ones at Walmart in the fishing department and they have worked wonderfully. They give me the shield I need and block out wind when on the bike. Uglystik which is a brand of fishing rod. I tried more expensive sunglasses but returned them to Amazon. If it's not broke-don't fix it.

and been working in the yard again,. I feel so overwhelmed but not going to worry about it. Only work an hour or 2 a day. That's enough for now. And lo and behold the foot pain is acting up again...depending on what happens at work if we are still here in July I will get it looked at-I have to do the home care like they told me, ice and rest. I know it's overuse injuries which take months to heal so i have resumed my reading.

I joined netgalley to get advanced reading copies of romances I would read and it is a nice way to pass the time.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm getting a camcorder! I'm stunned by this, since they are entirely out of my budget, BUT...I do the Harris Online Surveys. With each completed survey, you get points to use at their online store. Now, many times, you don't qualify, and until today when I bothered to look at my accumulated points, I did NOT know that even if you don't qualify, you still get 10 points, so my points had added up faster than I imagined! And, lo and behold, I had enough points for a camcorder! Cross your fingers that I will have videos of Little Bit's kittens later this summer when they are old enough to make the trip to my house with her!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Here’s a little something for you to read. It’s best understood when read aloud. And yes, it will eventually make sense.

Ladle Rat Rotten Hut

Wants pawn term, dare worsted ladle gull hoe lift wetter murder inner ladle cordage, honor itch offer lodge, dock, florist. Disk ladle gull orphan worry putty ladle rat cluck wetter ladle rat hut, an fur disk raisin pimple colder Ladle Rat Rotten Hut.

Wan moaning, Ladle Rat Rotten Hut’s murder colder inset, “Ladle Rat Rotten Hut, heresy ladle basking winsome burden barter an shirker cockles. Tick disk ladle basking tutor cordage offer groin-murder hoe lifts honor udder site offer florist Shaker lake! Dun stopper laundry wrote! Dun stopper peck floors! Dun daily-doily inner florist, an yonder nor sorghum-stenches, dun stopper torque wet strainers!”

“Hoe-cake, murder,” resplendent Ladle Rat Rotten Hut, an tickle ladle basking an stuttered oft. Honor wrote tutor cordage offer groin-murder, Ladle Rat Rotten Hut! Ladle Rat Rotten Hut mitten anomalous woof.

“Wail, wail, wail!” set disk wicket woof, “Evanescent Ladle Rat Rotten Hut! Wares are putty ladle gull goring wizard ladle basking?”

Armor goring tumor groin-murder’s,” reprisal ladle gull. “Grammar’s seeking bet. Armor ticking arson burden barter an shirker cockles.”

“O hoe! Heifer gnats woke,” setter wicket woof, butter taught tomb shelf, “Oil tickle shirt court tutor cordage offer groin-murder. Oil ketchup wetter letter, an den-O bore!”

Soda wicket woof tucker shirt court, an whinney retched a cordage offer groin-murder, picked inner windrow, an sore debtor pore oil worming worse lion inner bet. En inner flesh, disk abdominal woof lipped honor pore oil worming, an garbled erupt. Den disk ratchet ammonol pot honor groin-murder’s nut cup and gnat-gun, any curdled ope inner bet.

Inner ladle wile, Ladle Rat Rotten Hut a raft attar cordage, an ranker dough ball. “Comb ink, sweat hard,” setter wicket woof, disgracing is verse. Ladle Rat Rotten Hut entity bet-rum an stud buyer groin-murder’s bet.

“O Grammar!” crater ladle gull historically, “Water bag icer gut! A nervous sausage bag ice!”

“Battered luck chew whiff, sweat hard,” setter bloat-Thursday woof, wetter wicket small honors phase.

“O Grammar!” crater ladle gull historically, “Water bag noise! A nervous sore suture anomalous prognosis!”

“Battered small your whiff, doling,” whiskered dole woof, ants mouse worse waddling.

“O Grammar, water bag mouser gut! A nervous sore suture bag mouse!”

Daze worry on-forger-nut ladle gull’s lest warts. Oil offer sodden, caking offer carvers an sprinkling otter bet, disk hoard-horded woof lipped own pore Ladle Rat Rotten Hut an garbled erupt.

Mural: Yonder nor sorghum-stenches shut ladle gulls stopper torque wet strainers.

TRANSLATION BELOW (Don’t peek too soon!)

A Standard English Translation of “Ladle Rat Rotten Hut”

by H. S. Chace

(translated by Kathi Bailey)

Once upon a time there was a little girl who lived with her mother in a little cottage on the edge of a large, dark forest. This little girl often wore a pretty little red cloak, with a little red hood, and for this reason, people called her Little Red Riding Hood.

One morning, Little Red Riding Hood’s mother called her inside.

Little Red Riding Hood, here is a basket with some bread and butter and sugar cookies. Take this little basket to the cottage of your grandmother, who lives on the other side of the forest. Shake a leg! Don’t stop along the road! Don’t stop and pick flowers. Don’t dilly-dally in the forest, and under no circumstances, don’t stop and talk with strangers!”

“Okay, mother,” responded Little Red Riding Hood, and took the little basket and started off.

On the road to the cottage of her grandmother, Little Red Riding Hood met an enormous wolf.

“Well, well, well,” said this wicked wolf. “If it isn’t Little Red Riding Hood! Where’s our pretty little girl going with her little basket?”

“I’m going to my grandmother’s,” replied the little girl. “Gramma’s sick in bed. I’m taking her some bread and butter and sugar cookies.”

“Oh, ho! Have a nice walk,” said the wicked wolf, but he thought to himself, “I’ll take a short cut to the cottage of her grandmother. I’ll catch up with her later and then – oh, boy!”

So the wicked wolf took a short cut, and when he reached the cottage of her grandmother, peeked in the window, and saw that the poor old woman was lying in her bed. In a flash, this abominable wolf leaped on her bed, pounced on the poor old woman, and gobbled her up. Then this wretched animal put on the grandmother’s night cap and night gown, and curled up in her bed.

In a little while, Little Red Riding Hood arrived at the cottage and rang the door bell. “Come in, sweet heart,” said the wicked wolf, disguising his voice.

Little Red Riding Hood entered the bed room and stood by her grandmother’s bed. “Oh, Gramma!” cried the little girl hysterically, “What big eyes you’ve got! I never saw such big eyes!”

“Better to look at you with, sweet heart,” said the blood-thirsty wolf, with a wicked smile on his face.

“Oh, Gramma, what a big nose! I never saw such an enormous proboscis!”

“Better to smell you with, darling,” whispered the old wolf, and his mouth was watering.

“Oh, Gramma, what a big mouth you’ve got! I never saw such a big mouth!”

These were the unfortunate little girl’s last words. All of a sudden, kicking off the covers and springing out of bed, this hard-hearted wolf leaped on poor Little Red Riding Hood and gobbled her up.

MORAL: Under no circumstances should little girls stop and talk with strangers!

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
MORAL: Under no circumstances should little girls stop and talk with strangers!
OR read this after 3 AM!

I really must, must, MUST stop naming them all! I love my ferals, but this is getting out of hand. Not nearly as out of hand as some of you, but this is the list, and the last two entries will tell you how low I have sunk:

Little Bit, DSH, gray tabby, female
Tid Bit, DSH, gray tabby, female, now in home (Little Bit's daughter)
Sprite, DSH, gray tabby, female, now in home (Little Bit's daughter)
Q.B. (Quite a Bit) DMH, gray tabby, tom (maybe father of above kittens)
Dulcie, DSH, calico, female
Cally, DSH, calico, female (more white than Dulcie on tummy)
Kit, DLH, Tortie (predominantly red), female
Joe Grey, DSH, Gray, white bib and feet, tom
Midnight Louie, DLH, black w/gray ruff, tom
Fast Eddie, DSH, ginger, tom (presumed, may actually be "Fast Edith")
DiCaprio, DSH, ginger and white, tom
Austin, AKA "The Old Man" DSH tuxedo, tom
Sister Gertrude ("Gertie"), DSH, gray tuxedo, female (name for patron saint of cats)

AND...this is where I've lost all sense of balance...
Brutus, BIG bull raccoon, gray with black, opens dumpster doors at night
Aussum Possum (Awesome Possum), possum. This is the little baby who used to share the Secret Feral Shelter with the kittens on very stormy days and nights, all grown up. S/he still comes around at about 2:30 AM, when I put out a handful of cat food for him/her. Only Little Bit, Callie, Gertie and Aussum eat with me.

What's next? Birds? Crickets? SLUGS, God help me?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie M Katie M , it's been over a month since your pain shot was postponed while the doctor considered whether that was really what you needed. What's been happening? Were you able to get the shot?

Margret

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Katie M Katie M , it's been over a month since your pain shot was postponed while the doctor considered whether that was really what you needed. What's been happening? Were you able to get the shot?

Margret
I haven't heard a darn thing :frustrated:

I figured it'd only be a week, since he just needed to look at the MRI. I'm debating whether to call or not.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard a darn thing :frustrated:

I figured it'd only be a week, since he just needed to look at the MRI. I'm debating whether to call or not.
I'd call. When I was trying to get my driver's license back after my brain surgery (which my neurologist had to sign off on), my neurologist needed copies of the X-rays and MRI done in the hospital after the surgery and was having trouble getting them, so I called the hospital myself. Then I waited for my neurologist to call, or have her office help call, and she didn't, for about a month. So I called the hospital again to say "Where the heck are those X-rays you were supposed to send my neurologist?!" and the answer was, "Huh? We sent those a month ago!" It appears that my neurologist didn't believe in keeping me informed, or even telling me that she had what she needed so it was time for me to make another appointment (just one of many issues I had with that particular neurologist).

Some doctors seem to think that it's up to the patient to ask, and if the patient doesn't do so they don't see it as the patient being politely long-suffering but as evidence that the patient doesn't actually care so it must not be all that important.

Margret

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Well this weekend Honeybee was trying to make friends with the kitty next door. There's a beautiful tortie kitty who has been given permission to hang out in their garden. I didn't have my camera on me-but honeybee was meatloafed position at the very edge of our yard watching this kitty intently. I think she was hoping the cute kitty would come to our yard so she could sniff noses with her. I went out there to make sure she wasn't harassing the cat. She was just hanging out hoping the kitty would swing by.

Last night I put Honeybee right next to Pumps and pumps did a tap-tap-tap on her back which she ignored.. Jon has been feeding them treats closer and closer together to try to get them to sleep together..but Pumps swats at Bee still-and Bee just looks at her with head cocked to the side-like what??! I am fascinated by watching cats interact with each other.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Back when we first got Midway the hierarchy they established was weird. Montressor was clearly at the bottom of the ladder, but Midway thought Shadow was in charge and Shadow thought Midway was more than willing to fight for top cat and bounced between trying not to trigger a fight and more than willing to fight for top cat. Whenever Midway and Shadow met going opposite directions in a narrow area they'd stop and look at each other. Then they'd both do a semi-circle to pass each other while keeping their eyes on each other. And then once past, Midway would turn and I kid you not he would smack her on the butt. Which she always ignored.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Considering that I just petted my male orange tabby and now my clothes are coated with orange fur and cat fur is clinging to my nose like iron to a magnet (why does cat fur do that?), I'm not finding the cartoon particularly funny at the moment.

And we need a cat shedding smiley.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Over the weekend we went to a friends house who also had several pets, dogs and cats. I call my hubby the cat whisperer because anywhere we go, cats seem to come out of the woodwork for him. Sure enough, even our friends most shy cat came down to investigate. Hubby was wearing a clean black shirt when we went... needless to say, it wasn't black when we left. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.