The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are you currently married? If not, and if you were married to Mr #1 for more than 10 years, you can still get his SS. I know this because my mom's friend went through a whole situation to get her ex's SS after her second husband died and I heard everything about it, lol. But of course, if it works out better for you this way, that's great! Just make sure that's really the best one.
Benefits Planner: Retirement | If You Are Divorced | Social Security Administration
"If you remarry, you generally cannot collect benefits on your former spouse's record unless your later marriage ends (whether by death, divorce, or annulment)."
WELL SPIT! I mean, it is good in the long run, because it gives me a bit more money each month, but now I have to call those nitwits back AGAIN! I think what happened is that because my name isn't my maiden name, the lady assumed that I was still married to the second disaster, although I clearly TOLD her that I am not. She simply heard what she expected to hear, not what I said.

I've pretty much been off-site since I shattered my right wrist on February 20th, and now that I'm able to get back (at least a little) I thought I should give everyone an update.
YAY! Happy that you are doing better than expected!

upload_2018-3-10_17-21-56.jpeg

And STOP PAWING AT THAT CONE!

So, tomorrow being Sunday, and my day off of the computer, I'm going to attempt to assemble my new dresser all by myself. The box is horribly heavy, however, I think that once I get it opened it will be workable. I mean, the box weight is for the frame and four drawers. I can assemble each drawer, move it to the bedroom, then move just the frame, which should be significantly lighter. Yeah. That will work. I think. I hope. Maybe

pray for me....

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've known plenty of cats who are "mean drunks" on catnip. Plus there's an element of resource guarding if they think the other cat will take their catnip.
My little Robbie was a mean drunk. He would lay on top of the kitty litter and smack any of his brothers that got close to it.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Back home.

It's apparently pretty major, but I guess doctors won't talk about a long term prognosis until after the first 48 hours. I'm not sure if it's her right side or left side that's affected, my mom (who gets confused easily) said my grandma could wiggle the fingers on her right hand, but said that she is blind in her left eye. I was able to talk to my grandma, she sounded pretty good, she also said that she could wiggle her fingers and toes. Still, if that's all the movement, it's gotta be bad. I'm hoping that her clear coherent speech is an indication that her mental acuity wasn't affected, but I have a terrified voice in my head worried that just because she can talk doesn't mean that she'll retain the memory.

I won't be able to go home. I can't afford it. Even if it was just me and I left the husband and kid behind, that's still too much.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. It's so rough when you don't know what's going on. I understand how hard it is when you want to go home and can't. I'll pray for you.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Back home.

It's apparently pretty major, but I guess doctors won't talk about a long term prognosis until after the first 48 hours. I'm not sure if it's her right side or left side that's affected, my mom (who gets confused easily) said my grandma could wiggle the fingers on her right hand, but said that she is blind in her left eye. I was able to talk to my grandma, she sounded pretty good, she also said that she could wiggle her fingers and toes. Still, if that's all the movement, it's gotta be bad. I'm hoping that her clear coherent speech is an indication that her mental acuity wasn't affected, but I have a terrified voice in my head worried that just because she can talk doesn't mean that she'll retain the memory.

I won't be able to go home. I can't afford it. Even if it was just me and I left the husband and kid behind, that's still too much.
Oh dear, don't let it affect you too much that you can't go. After all, what would that accomplish? Your husband and baby need you more than grandma who is in good hands. Since she can talk you can visit by phone. With so little movement it probably is bad and the older one is the harder it is for things to come back but one never knows. They say it can take as much as a year before everything is static and there is no more improvement, so send good thoughts and hope for the best :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::grouphug2:

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, my parents and my sister live there, in fact if they are right that she can't live independently my parents have already told her she can move in. Not sure if that's going to happen though, apparently someone at the hospital thinks she'll need more care than a home setting can offer. There's zero resources where they live, town has only about 1000 population.

I'll ask about the video chat.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Better head to the supermarket today artiemom artiemom You know how crazy the stores get right before a big storm:runaround: I went yesterday. I forgot a few small things and had to go back out this morning for them.
I did pick up some salad stuff on Saturday ~~ talk about demolition derby!! OMG...

Today, I picked up some RC Fiber Response food for Artie.. just in case. I have enough to last until the end of the week, but...you never know.. Last storm, the RVet's office was without power for 3 days!!!

I am going to order a pizza, soon. I will have it tomorrow. I had already made a salad for tonight ~~ just in a salad mood. I like to have pizza on hand, and in my freezer.. just in case. It is my usual stand-by food for a blizzard... :insertevillaugh:

:noway: :runaround: :gaah: :shocked:

I did drive past MB/grocery store. OMG.:jawdrop: . I could not believe the parking lot... and this was during school hours!!! :jawdrop:

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
I just spoke with Grandma. She says she's having a little memory problems, but I couldn't tell that from talking with her. She remembered my husband's name even though she's never met him. Her speech is not slurred or anything that would indicate face paralysis. She says that she can lift her right arm and her right leg now. She says that she gets super emotional and cries whenever she sees or talks to family, so maybe there's some damage to the emotional center or self-control part of the brain? She said when it happened she was reading FB and she was able to manage to call both my dad and 911. My dad said they were able to use the clot busting drug within the 4 hour window, so I'm really, really glad that she could make both those calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.