The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I completely agree, but there are to a o f "cookers" around here. They've passed a law in this town making it illegal to possess Sudafed without a prescription. Sri, here's my question: how enforceable is that? I could go a couple towns over and buy Sudafed - for a cold, of course. If I got pulled over and searched for some reason, could they really press charges for me having a single box of medication that was legally purchased 30 miles away?
That seems redicolous. I guess one tapes the receipt onto the box showing you purchased it next town over. Or hide it inside a vitamin bottle. See how we have to get sneaky to get away from their bogus laws? I know the cooks drive all over buying Sudafed to come back and cook it- as far as junk from Mexico-I am sure they have their own chemical plants to create said ingredients for drugs-for much cheaper than buying it in the states.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had Aedan all dressed and ready to go when he poops all up his back covering his brand new outfit. It was so cute and he wore it for all of 5 minutes. Now I'm sad. Time to do laundry.
I've got him in a 3-6 month sleeper now. It's a little big, but not by much. The kid is growing like a weed! He has his 2 month checkup on Monday. I'm excited to see how much he's gained.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
So cardiologist appointment on the 28th. They could have gotten me in sooner, but my wallet won't allow for that. Besides, if there's a problem with my heart then the problem has been around for at least a year; I think I can wait 3 more weeks without dropping dead.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had Aedan all dressed and ready to go when he poops all up his back covering his brand new outfit. It was so cute and he wore it for all of 5 minutes. Now I'm sad. Time to do laundry.
I've got him in a 3-6 month sleeper now. It's a little big, but not by much. The kid is growing like a weed! He has his 2 month checkup on Monday. I'm excited to see how much he's gained.
Aww poor Aedan. He must have been crying once he soiled himself..poor baby!! Glad he's growing like a weed!

So cardiologist appointment on the 28th. They could have gotten me in sooner, but my wallet won't allow for that. Besides, if there's a problem with my heart then the problem has been around for at least a year; I think I can wait 3 more weeks without dropping dead.
I hope you find out what's going on-you have symptoms? I have had small things going on since September last year but it's not consistent and I pop an aspirin then it goes away-most likely a panic attack from things in my life- job stress, boyfriend stress and just dissatisfied with life=I need a change=and need to get off my butt and make a change-but I want to ride the wave to see where I end up-too many what ifs.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a certain amount of real Sudafed you can buy, have to show your license and all but it's not terribly invasive, IMO.

Another product that works great is Bronkaid. It's actual ephedrine, not pseudoephedrine, plus guaifenesin (Mucinex). It says it's for asthma (and I do have asthma) but it also works to clear your sinuses and chest when you have a cold so you don't get bronchitis or a sinus infection. It's another one you have to ask for at the pharmacy counter but it's cheap and it's good stuff.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you find out what's going on-you have symptoms? I have had small things going on since September last year but it's not consistent and I pop an aspirin then it goes away-most likely a panic attack from things in my life- job stress, boyfriend stress and just dissatisfied with life=I need a change=and need to get off my butt and make a change-but I want to ride the wave to see where I end up-too many what ifs.
Completely asymptomatic.

Edit: Too short of a response. I got a routine EKG because psych meds have a nasty habit of prolonging the QT interval, which is dangerous. Yeah, I've got that side effect which is why I'm having repeated EKGs until my doctor can find the cause and get me off of that medication. However the EKGs are showing a secondary and most likely unrelated problem.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Completely asymptomatic.

Edit: Too short of a response. I got a routine EKG because psych meds have a nasty habit of prolonging the QT interval, which is dangerous. Yeah, I've got that side effect which is why I'm having repeated EKGs until my doctor can find the cause and get me off of that medication. However the EKGs are showing a secondary and most likely unrelated problem.
so no shortness of breath, no light headed=no tired feeling? my mom had COPD and those were the obvious symptoms. She also smoked and was not healthy=she tried. But it just caused more pain-I remember she was huffing and puffing all the time=her BP was fine-for someone of her issues-BP was never an issue. I don't know if she had an EKG but hopefully you find out what's going on.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing. Nothing at all. When it's nice, neither too hot nor too cold, I can bike to work, work all day on my feet and bike home, stopping only for the mandatory lunch break and to change clothes, combined average on a long shift of 13 miles and be happy as a clam. (Rhetorical question, how do they know clams are happy?) As long as my sleep is regular I don't have any wake time tiredness. No dizziness/light headedness unless my blood sugar is for crap and that almost never happens anymore. I literally would not know there was something potentially going on if there hadn't been routine testing looking for something else.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I agree. It is one thing to have a pet deposit, but another to add an additional fee for having pets. I find that ludicrous.. my place does that.

Most places will only charge $25-30 per month for a pet fee..

My place is outrageous.. they can get away with whatever they want.

Around here a pet deposit is the same amount as one month's rent per pet which is really a lot as you can't rent an apartment for under $2,000 unless you are in a rent restricted place or there is some other reason that the rent is lower. So a lot of people cheat on how many cats they have as by law a landlord has to give 24 hours notice to come to your apartment. Any extra pets are just stashed in cars or with neighbors for the duration. Of course that only works for pets that are small and/or quiet and your neighbors don't mind or don't know.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww poor Aedan. He must have been crying once he soiled himself..poor baby!! Glad he's growing like a weed!

Actually, he doesn't cry for a dirty or wet diaper. He just doesn't seem to care. So we have to check him constantly.

Around here a pet deposit is the same amount as one month's rent per pet which is really a lot as you can't rent an apartment for under $2,000 unless you are in a rent restricted place or there is some other reason that the rent is lower. So a lot of people cheat on how many cats they have as by law a landlord has to give 24 hours notice to come to your apartment. Any extra pets are just stashed in cars or with neighbors for the duration. Of course that only works for pets that are small and/or quiet and your neighbors don't mind or don't know.
Yeah, I've been trying to think of someone who could babysit a kitty or two in case they don't approve all 4 of them. All John's relatives have dogs and mine don't live in Kirksville. I'm sure we can figure out some place to hide kitties for inspections and stuff.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There might be. We'll ask around. We don't even know if it would be necessary.
We just filled out an application for that complex I mentioned and saw an empty apartment and it is beautiful. I'm in love. No carpet - I hate carpet, so hard to keep clean, dishwasher, w/d hookups, a little balcony, 1.5 bath, plenty of parking. There are 2 people ahead of us on the waiting list and if neither of them takes it ,I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be approved. Neither of us have felonies, no previous evictions, no outstanding utility bills. I already have my heart set on this place and it's the first place we checked. I'm praying my heart out that we get it. There's a pet deposit equal to one month's rent. I got enough grants and scholarships for school that I got a sizable refund so we can afford it.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds perfect. I loved my apartment. It's so nice to get into a place big enough to breathe. My first room was in a bad section of the city with bugs-I couldn't afford anything else..$40 a week and I was in college-luckily the guys got a kick out of me and didn't mess with me-guess they were afraid of a chick who welds and works on cars-probably figured I carry around a tire iron LOL so no one ever bothered me-there was the resident drunks and I hung out with them to laugh and tell jokes-I wish I could remember our conversations we had-I enjoyed myself despite the dismal settings. But once I got into my apartment-it was like a whole new world opened up-then again when I bought this place I live in.

I am sure it will work out-having a good credit history is very important. More and more people let credit issues get out of hand and it affects the future rentals. I will send you some prayers and positive energy that you guys finally get settled into a good place to live. :cloud9:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Actually, he doesn't cry for a dirty or wet diaper. He just doesn't seem to care. So we have to check him constantly.

Yeah, I've been trying to think of someone who could babysit a kitty or two in case they don't approve all 4 of them. All John's relatives have dogs and mine don't live in Kirksville. I'm sure we can figure out some place to hide kitties for inspections and stuff.
Make sure you know what the laws are in your state regarding visits and inspections by your landlord or any future landlord and hold them to it when they want to skirt them. My landlord knows I have two cats when I really have four. He has been here only once and the 2 extra cats went into my car and slept there all day. My neighbors don't know how many cats I have so they can't squeal although one former neighbor who was a real pain in the butt told another neighbor that I have 9 cats which is just not true and I don't know how she got to that number. The cats don't sit in the window, only on the patio on chairs where nobody can see them from outside (I'm up on the second floor above the underground garage which makes it almost the third floor). But that neighbor told her that I have only 2 which is what I had told one or two of the neighbors when I first moved in and to stop telling tales. 6 months later she was gone and we are all glad because nobody liked that gossippy mouth who complained about everything and also made up stuff.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know they have to give notice. Mine do like to hang out in the windows, but maybe we'll get lucky and get a 2nd floor apartment. Or maybe they'll just approve all 4 and it won't be an issue. Too bad they don't look more alike.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My building got a new manager a few months ago, and she's either unaware of the one pet rule, or just doesn't care. She's seen both of my cats and has only said they're really cute. There's a woman living here who's helped out the managers, but definitely doesn't care about the rule.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree. It is one thing to have a pet deposit, but another to add an additional fee for having pets. I find that ludicrous.. my place does that.

Most places will only charge $25-30 per month for a pet fee..

My place is outrageous.. they can get away with whatever they want.

And that's just for rental apartments in a building or complex. Luxury high end condos can charge monthly pet fees on top of the (high) monthly condo fee. My great aunt and uncle used to live in one such place where the monthly pet fee was $500 :eek3: No, my great aunt and uncle did not have pets. I saw their condo documents when they sold their unit and was shocked at the monthly pet fee and strict pet restrictions and rules.

Privately owned apartments, say a second floor unit of a two family house, may not have a pet fee. My parents used to rent out the second floor apartment and people had pets but they didn't charge a monthly pet fee or additional deposit just in case a pet causes damage.

Make sure you know what the laws are in your state regarding visits and inspections by your landlord or any future landlord and hold them to it when they want to skirt them .
@lavishsqualor knows about landlord rules in general, I think. In emergency cases, a landlord can enter a unit without prior notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.