The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Well just when I thought I made up my mind on a camp there's two new listings I didn't see. I heard back from one that sounds good but they don't have anything in August- but they let the cats come and seems pleasant enough looking..I just don't know why I can't make up my mind..

And slept all night with Honeybee on me...she kept me warm..another good night.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I got fed up with these people listing properties with confusing payment schedule,. I decided to book with the easiest to deal one. No checks. No mail. it's all online and a papertrail. Jon was upset at the price. I told him if he wants a decent place he will have to pay. I tried to find another suitable location but they all had either too close to a busy road or camps on top of each other. I think this one will work out. the ocean is half an hour drive and it's centrally located. We haven't checked out damariscotta maine area-it's south of Portland I think? Either way we got a new location to drive around..the one on swan lake wouldn't answer my questions and I didn't like her complicated payment method. she said it's $700 deposit that I don't get back..umm.. no. just NO. Then she says oh it counts towards the total. I said then it's not a deposit-it's a down payment! GRRR. That right there. Then I asked her to give me EXACT amounts and she still ignored my emails..ok well nope..i suggest if you can swing it book on tripadvisor site using paypal..less hassle and they email you when the next payment is due. and you are done. So much EASIER. I hate complicated math!

Just TELL me the damn amounts owed so I can cut a check! And I prefer to make only 2 payments. one wanted 4 payments..um no. Too much for me to remember.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And yes a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY Angua!!! :) :) Sorry with all the excitement of the summer-I wanted to type this earlier..Honeybee WOULD KILL Me if I tried to dress her. I have a harness for her that I  have been trying to get her to wear and NOPE NOPE she claws and bites..I haven't tried clothes..i would be afraid of her sharp claws...She doesn't let me trim. Brat cat.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And yes a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY Angua!!! :) :) Sorry with all the excitement of the summer-I wanted to type this earlier..Honeybee WOULD KILL Me if I tried to dress her. I have a harness for her that I  have been trying to get her to wear and NOPE NOPE she claws and bites..I haven't tried clothes..i would be afraid of her sharp claws...She doesn't let me trim. Brat cat.
Angua hates being dressed as well. She only put up with it in that picture since it was right after we got back from Ireland and she was feeling neglected after being left with my mom for a week. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy belated birthday, you precious furball!  How cute are YOU????

FINALLY got around to hemming my bedroom curtains.  I've been meaning to do so since I moved downstairs.  I really liked the old-fashioned, elegant look of the puddled curtains, but the space between the bed and the window is now MUCH narrower, and I got tired of tripping on them!  Just re-hung them, and they look ver nice!  I feel so accomplished!

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I am no longer allowing myself to go shopping without a list.

I feel like being nice and making a stew for my co-workers.  I probably need some more potatoes and carrots.  I wanted to get a turnip because I know people like them even though I've never tried them.  And I need beef bullion cubes and stew meat and cornstarch.

I walk into the store.

Oh, that is a crazy good sale on asparagus!  And strawberries are on sale!  So are catfish nuggets and they are farm raised!  And, and, and!

So I walked out with two bunches of asparagus, two containers of strawberries, two containers of blackberries, 3 kiwi fruit, 3 cloves of garlic, two onions, 1 package of pearl onions, two turnips, a package of parsnips, more carrots and potatoes, 2 packages of mushrooms, nearly two pounds of catfish nuggets, seafood breader, stew meat, sweet italian sausage, 2 thick cut porkchops, cornstarch and beef bullion cubes.  Only half of that is destined for the stew, and even that is in such quantities I could make more than one batch.

I don't know whether to congratulate myself for not buying junk food and walking out with everything I intended to get, or berate myself because berries and kiwi fruit are all but junk food.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Quote:

You also need to eat before you go shopping, otherwise everything looks good and thus you buy what you promised yourself not to. Shop by yourself, no kids, significant others or friends.  
Learned that years ago, but I also can't be too full when shopping.  If I'm full, then I will refuse to buy half the stuff we actually need because nothing looks appetizing.

Today was just "I like this and it's on sale!!!"  Hard to turn down fresh fish that's $3.99/lb or asparagus that's $1.88 for a huge bunch or a buy one get one free sale on berries.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But do take a list. I spend 50% more without a list. In my fav store, I've discovered those 3 for $1 items are 34 cents each. You don't have to buy three.

Last edited:

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
But do take a list. I spend 50% more without a list. In my fav store, I've discovered those 3 for $1 items are 34 cents each. You don't have to buy three.
I have problems shopping to a list.  Often I will plan a weekly menu and figure out what I need to buy.  Then I get to the store and find most of the ingredients for a dish I didn't plan are on a good sale.  And that a staple or two are also on sale and I can use those extra staples for a different dish I didn't plan on.  By the end I either have enough food for 9 dinners for 7 days or I've rewritten half the weekly menu.

I am a sale shopper big time.  Good in one respect, chaotic in another.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our local grocery store had a big St. Patty's Day sale.  "99 items for $0.99!"  We stocked up on frozen waffles, brats, and various other things.  I'm not much of a menu planner.  I never know what's gonna sound good on any particular day.  I like to shop for whatever's on sale and create meals while I stare into the fridge.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got in trouble with the queen tonight. DD was getting ready for work. I walked into the kitchen and Lily followed me. She jumped up on the kitchen table and gave me the. "I want a snack" look. I washed the dishes, filled them and started walking over to the table. Lily started yelling at me. LOUDLY. DD came out of her room to see what the noise was. I informed her that I was being scolded by the queen. I guess I wasn't walking fast enough.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am up really early for Church. I am on the Social Committee and we are having coffee and munchies after each  Mass. I will be gone all morning. I cannot help set up, because I am scheduled to help with giving out Communion. I have to get to church earlier than usual because I have some stuff to bring for the set-up. This will be a long morning. I will not get home until around 2pm, leaving the house before 7am... It will be a tiring day.

Artie will have to fend for himself.

Not certain what I will do when I return home; most likely nothing much. I will be running around this morning, so it will be a 

"sit on my butt' rest of the day. 

Thinking tomorrow will be a recuperation day! I am not as young as I used to be; however for many people, I am considered young!! 

Artie was waking me up at 4:40 am!!! He must have cuddled right up to me sometime during the earlier morning. I remember waking up because I was very hot. He was right up against me. I had to turn over. I think he jumped down...

When I got up, I saw a water bottle on the floor.. yes, he was exploring while I was sleeping!!

I know he will be sleeping all morning while I am gone. 

I wonder if he will even notice I am missing. The last time I was out for a long time, was Thursday night. He did not even notice I was gone!!! 

gotta go and finish my morning stuff before I jump in the shower!!

jennifurr

To err is human, to purr is feline
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, today, my husband, family and I are going to a car show today. My husband is a huge fan of vintage cars (he owns a DeLorean), and is looking forward to going. I may bring my purse with me just in case I want something

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I hate shopping, for anything, no matter what. I really detest malls. I know some people go to malls just to look around and that is ok but it's not my scene and never has been, maybe because for the biggest part of my life I could not afford the things that were there and I did not want to feel bad for not being able to afford them. I bought this huge upright freezer just so I won't have to go shopping for groceries. I buy milk, bread and eggs about every two weeks but do go to the Farmers' Market every week for things I don't grow myself. I only go to the aisles where I buy something and then I'm out of there and even at the Farmers' Market I know the farmers from whom I buy and what and then I'm out of there also. So I am not tempted by sales or specials.

I buy a lot on-line, books and paper goods and sometimes kitty litter. Of course at my age there isn't a lot I need anymore, I have all the kitchen gadgets, cookware, linen, towels, sheets I would ever need.  "Stuff" I need to get rid of, not accumulate more. Buying clothes and shoes is a real chore but I don't buy those on-line as I need to try them on first, at least undies and socks I can just grab and leave. I just hate shopping.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally get the hating shopping thing. I just dislike retail. everything is overpriced when we know they can list the stuff cheaper...so yeah I don't do window shopping..I rather walk in the woods or swim in a lake or ocean or something. give me nature or go away
 just go away retail overprices GARBAGE.

And I am fussy about fabrics/colors/feel of stitching. I dislike most modern clothes with neutral colors and plain styles but I don't like patterns and crazy things either..I like nice solid good fun colors and well fitting clothing that is soft to the touch and makes me feel comfortable. I hate elastic. or pinching clothing. Hate belts or anything that I have to keep moving to feel comfy. although I used to have to use a belt in order to keep my pants on...in my thinner years lol.

Just give me a nice spring color top v neck shirt and good fitting slacks/jeans boot cut. simple. comfortable. done!

Oh the grocery stores in cities now have drive through shopping-evidently you can select foods online and drive up and pay...now I WOULD use this service..I use a hand basket and limit myself to $50 at a time..now that doesn't buy you much.

In fact I just texted Jon to tell me what he wants for food this week. (I am going to say I didn't go because he didn't get back to me) he hasn't answered me back so I think tonight is going to be grilled cheese night...I HATE shopping on Sundays..the stores are nuts and out of half the stuff I need...so I try to go on Wednesdays. I have some instant bacon to use..so gonna make chedder cheese grilled cheese sandwich with bacon...yum. simple. filling.  

Last edited:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate going shopping, but have to later today. Probably should get on it. Would so much prefer doing it all online, but there are a few things mom insists on having that I just can't find online. Dangit. No way I can fit her list in a hand basket. And she wants me to shop for flowers. I hate shopping for flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.