The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like what could have happened with Rose, if they lived closer to us.
I thought of that too.

I still don't know how to post from FB. I had to find this on You Tube with a different heading.
I contacted the breeder of my pup and asked if I had her permission to share the video that she sent me. Hopefully she'll send it to my email so I can.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always preferred cats because they're easier and less work. I don't mind or dislike dogs - except for their smell. No matter what, they always have that dog smell and it doesn't matter how much you bathe them. I've always been accused of having an oversensitive nose.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Puppies are cute, fun, and DESTRUCTIVE! When I was married, we adopted a 8mo old Malamute, we had 2 adults that I adopted from SPCA and a malamute rescue and when they passed we found DIESEL. That "puppy" weighed 100lbs and ate my sofa, the diningroom chair legs, locked himself in the bathroom and ate the windowsill!!!! He took the dog and I rescued an older yellow lab, giving him a chance to live out his life, spoiled rotten, as a indoor/outdoor boy and it has been a nice peaceful life for us both.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kashmir64 kashmir64 , do a Google search on "how to post a facebook video to youtube." If you can post it to YouTube first (get the breeder's permission) then it becomes child's play to post it here from YouTube.

Margret

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not only did she give me permission, she sent it to my email so I could share.
This is my beaming post. Look how cute he was. I've had him for 8 years now, he's still cute.
Mine is the black/white one.
give me a moment to figure out why it won't work.
Got it. I guess you can't have it on private.

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marcy is totally back to normal. She ran across the living room, jumped onto the couch, and propelled herself onto the ledge in the wall between the living room and kitchen all in the blink of an eye. If she was having some pain before, I'm pretty sure it's gone.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in a super crabby mood. My back is killing me and has been for ages. I've had trouble with it since I broke it when I was 16 but now it's unbearable. I'm sure it's extra weight from my boobs and belly. Nothing I can do. Tylenol doesn't do a damn thing and I can't take anything else and a heating pad doesn't do much either. Plus, this kid is super strong. When he gets going, it causes so much pain I'm practically in tears. And I'm barely sleeping because I wake up multiple times a night with horrible leg and back pain. It seems like my life is nothing but pain and I'm so over it. Plus, I'm starving and my roast won't be ready for another few hours and none of the other food we have here seems remotely appetizing.
Sorry, I just wanted to vent and complain. I'm 35 weeks today so I'm almost done. I'm gonna talk to the doctor tomorrow - maybe there's something that can be done to make the next 5 weeks a little more bearable, but I kinda doubt it. I just feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I'll survive, I'm sure. But I'm not gonna enjoy it.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I did a phone interview for the dog kennel job today. I have a working interview with them on Friday, so I'll be able to see whether its a good fit for me. I would be making a lot less than I do now, but I think I would be happier being able to be outside working with animals all day. Decisions decisions.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in a super crabby mood. My back is killing me and has been for ages. I've had trouble with it since I broke it when I was 16 but now it's unbearable. I'm sure it's extra weight from my boobs and belly. Nothing I can do. Tylenol doesn't do a damn thing and I can't take anything else and a heating pad doesn't do much either. Plus, this kid is super strong. When he gets going, it causes so much pain I'm practically in tears. And I'm barely sleeping because I wake up multiple times a night with horrible leg and back pain. It seems like my life is nothing but pain and I'm so over it. Plus, I'm starving and my roast won't be ready for another few hours and none of the other food we have here seems remotely appetizing.
Sorry, I just wanted to vent and complain. I'm 35 weeks today so I'm almost done. I'm gonna talk to the doctor tomorrow - maybe there's something that can be done to make the next 5 weeks a little more bearable, but I kinda doubt it. I just feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I'll survive, I'm sure. But I'm not gonna enjoy it.
Eat banana's or some other potassium for your leg cramps. It will help.
This is going to sound personal, but I have a reason for asking...Are you going to breast feed?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An older dog is a good idea when you are able to adopt. I highly recommend it. Especially after going through the stressful journey of raising a puppy from 4 weeks of age. I barely survived. It's really not that fun and you need a crazy amount of patience. Very expensive and time consuming. Don't think I'd ever do it again. On top of that, she has an eating disorder... Or two. Coprophagia and pica. Both are very severe so she needs constant supervision wherever she goes. She also gets overexcited very easily and it's hard to calm her down.
Well, I guess I'm just not a dog person than. When she was younger, while everyone thought she was cute, I secretly despised her.
Huh? Are you talking about kashmir64 kashmir64 's video, or did I miss something?

Margret
This is what she was talking about.

Yeah, I'm not a puppy person either. I'll raise kittens at any time, from any age, but the thought of raising a 4-week-old puppy makes me wanna curl up and die, lol. I much prefer adult dogs. I got my last dog at 8 months and that was bad enough. Puppies are adorable but that's just about all they have going for them.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm planning to breastfeed. The plan is to breastfeed for a year. Which means the boobs will stay huge for a while.
I get plenty of potassium and the pains aren't really cramps. My legs just hurt and I don't get why.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm planning to breastfeed. The plan is to breastfeed for a year. Which means the boobs will stay huge for a while.
I get plenty of potassium and the pains aren't really cramps. My legs just hurt and I don't get why.
OK. I chose not to breast feed, so I wrapped my breast real tight with an ace bandage. It kept the milk from fully coming in and therefore they didn't hurt.
I really wish I could give you some advice on this. I was nauseous 24/7 from the day of conception, but I never hurt.
Eat something sweet (cheesecake). It's the only chance you have an excuse. It won't help your pain, but it will make you feel better emotionally.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheesecake does sound good. But I don't have any and John is at work with the car. I'm gonna stuff my face with brownies. And it's not like I need to worry about extra calories. I need all the calories I can get.
Tomorrow the doctor is doing an ultrasound to make sure his head is down. Maybe seeing him again will help me emotionally block out some of the pain or something. Who knows?

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An older dog is a good idea when you are able to adopt. I highly recommend it. Especially after going through the stressful journey of raising a puppy from 4 weeks of age. I barely survived. It's really not that fun and you need a crazy amount of patience. Very expensive and time consuming. Don't think I'd ever do it again. On top of that, she has an eating disorder... Or two. Coprophagia and pica. Both are very severe so she needs constant supervision wherever she goes. She also gets overexcited very easily and it's hard to calm her down.
Isn't four weeks kind of young for a puppy? I thought they had to be at least six before separation from the mother. (I could be wrong--it happens. A lot.)

I've always preferred cats because they're easier and less work. I don't mind or dislike dogs - except for their smell. No matter what, they always have that dog smell and it doesn't matter how much you bathe them. I've always been accused of having an oversensitive nose.
Reading that reminded me of an incident back when I was in high school and we had two dogs, Goku and Merlin. They were indoor/outdoor dogs and one day, when they came in, they apparently stunk to high heaven! AWM was practically climbing the wall, LS had excused herself to get sick, and RB left the house. Curious, I asked what was going on and AWM demanded to know if I could smell "that." I told her I couldn't smell anything (this was back before she realized I had no sense of smell at all), so she told me to put my nose to the dog's fur and deeply inhale through my nose. I couldn't smell a thing (of course) and AWM calmly said, "You're going to give them a bath every day." I looked up at her in disbelief (the dogs did not like baths and both of them were about three feet tall and over a hundred pounds each) and demanded to know for how long I'd be bathing them every day. AWM said, "Until the smell is gone." (According to AWM, it took just over two weeks for the smell disappear--she thinks they were hit by a skunk.)

Puppies are cute, fun, and DESTRUCTIVE! When I was married, we adopted a 8mo old Malamute, we had 2 adults that I adopted from SPCA and a malamute rescue and when they passed we found DIESEL. That "puppy" weighed 100lbs and ate my sofa, the diningroom chair legs, locked himself in the bathroom and ate the windowsill!!!! He took the dog and I rescued an older yellow lab, giving him a chance to live out his life, spoiled rotten, as a indoor/outdoor boy and it has been a nice peaceful life for us both.
Baby anything are destructive--you should have seen what the kittens did before they learned manners! (And the very first lesson they learned when they were old enough to venture out of the doggie bed they were using was: Don't mess with the books. They never forgot.)

:alright::grouphug::hangin:

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh. AWM just informed me that there was a cat mess in my room (again) that I didn't know about (wrong time of month to be able to smell) and it turned out there were three distinct messes under the dresser! They'd been there a while too--I'm waiting for the third one to soak enough to clean up. (Gross, I know.) Should I just give in and put a litter box in my room? I don't want to do that, because I don't want them to think of my room as a toilet, but they're messing in there anyway. (And no, I don't know which cat it is.)

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, dogs need to be older. 8 weeks at least but 12 weeks is a much better age to leave mom. My dog was a special case I guess. The lady lied to us about her age and when we went to look at her, she came clean. Wouldn't let us see her mother either. I asked if she was a breeder because she made herself seem that way online but she wasn't. He dog just "accidentally" got pregnant. And I told her she was so young but she said she thought it would be better since they'd get use to their new family more which is completely incorrect. She knew nothing about dogs at all. Fed the puppies hotdogs and junk food. I felt sorry for the little girl so I didn't fight my mom when she decided to get her for me. And I'm glad I did because it worked out fine. She has so many issues, I'm sure if an inexperienced person were to have gotten her, she'd be in a shelter by now. Like I said before, severe pica. She'll eat anything. She tried to eat a metal blade once and some coins. She also eats her own poop regularly. We've taken her to the vet but they didn't help much so we try to manage on our own. On top of that, she has a genetic mutation which she probably inherited from a parent or grandparent.

Attachments

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, in much happier news (I need to think of something positive after cleaning that), I've got all my Christmas shopping (assuming my manager doesn't hire any more new people between now and Christmas) done. Here's the list:

AWM: miscellaneous junk food that she's been craving; Pocky (six boxes of two different kinds), chocolate covered cherries, astronaut ice cream, a small tub of apple flavored cotton candy (I couldn't believe it when I found it), and a silver dollar (got it through the drawer at work).
SD: a thick, fuzzy bathrobe (and boy, was it hard to find one both plush and affordable!).
RB: A Steam Link and Controller set (that finally shipped; should be here Wednesday) and a Zelda Breath of the Wild amiibo (not sure what it is, but he wanted one).
IB: nothing. No, seriously, nothing. He said he needed nothing from me (after learning that his cat was rehomed) so he's getting nothing.
Manager: three small tubes of Bath and Body lotion stuck in the Santa sack of a plush reindeer (the plush door was free; I found it among Grandma's Christmas wrapping supplies).
Assistant Manager: three small tubes of Bath and Body lotion.
Other Lead Clerk: small porcelain swan trinket box decorated with 14 karat gold plating (fifty cents at a yard sale--not chip one, and perfect condition).
Other two night shift clerks: one package (each) of honey straws--sour strawberry (for the adventurous one) and sour green apple (for the one who can't taste a difference in flavors, but has a child allergic to red dye--it was the only flavor that didn't have any in it).
New Guy One (that I know next to nothing about): Swiss Army Knife.
New Guy Two (that self-styles himself a "grill master"): a salt grinder, a pepper grinder, and a bottle of steak rub. (We had the steak rub already--it has onions in it, which AWM didn't know when we got it until I read the label.)
DD: A Freedom knife (RB picked it out, it has an enameled eagle on it) and a collector set of leather bound hunting books (yard sale--whole set for a dollar, and first editions!).
DD's GF: Michael Korr (may not have spelled that right) leather gloves and a shell stitched black and white throw (that I made).

Much more pleasant to think about than what I was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.