Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Oh, wow, another metal-allergic person! 
  Do you know what metal it is that you are allergic to?  I am severely allergic to nickel -- it runs in my family.  Even a lot of fine jewelry has this in it as an alloy, to increase the shine, especially in silver and in white gold jewelry.  With me, the clear lacquer works for a short time, but my acidic system wears right through it, as it does through plate.  *High maintenance, not by choice*.
I'm actually allergic to gold, even white gold.  About all I can wear for any length of time is sterling or Mexican silver.

Suzanne is coming over tomorrow night for grits casserole and a baked fruit dessert casserole.  We'll exchange gifts, watch "White Christmas" (my gift to her last year, her FAVORITE), and eat ourselves silly.   Then CHRISTMAS!  Hekitty and I will open our gifts from Santa and each other, I'll skype with my boys, and I'm making lasagna for Christmas dinner.  Can't wait!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous presents and I love the purple hair!

I avoid watching the news because it's so depressing.  I have enough stuff to be depressed about.  But it's still impossible to avoid.  I went to pick up the flea stuff from my mom at work and one of her coworkers wanted to share a news story with me.  In Arkansas, a grandma was taking a 2 year old and a 3 year old shopping.  Some *&$(# thought she stopped too long at a stop sign, pulled out a gun, and shot up the car, killing the 3 year old.

I'm allergic to every metal except gold.  I've tried nickel free and everything.  If it isn't pure gold, my ears swell up and get pussy in seconds.  I must be fine with rhodium, because white gold doesn't cause me any problems.

We went to Wal*Mart to get some lunch meat earlier.  He found a $20 bill in the bathroom.  Even though we're ridiculously broke, I'm gonna post it on swap shop.  Basically, "We found some money at Wal*Mart.  If anyone lost money, tell us how much and approximate time.  If your story matches, we'll get it to you."  If it isn't claimed, we're keeping it but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't at least try.  I mean, yeah, we're having money issues, but we were able to get Aislyn Christmas presents.  There are people worse off than us.  I mean, what if that's the only money some guy had to use for a Christmas present for his kid?

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I'm probably overreacting, but I'm worried.  Connor always meows at me if his (well, I bought it for me cuz I love plush and I knew it would encourage more Connor cuddles cuz plush is his favorite thing ever) anyway, if his plush blanket is arranged the way he wants it.  So, he comes in here and starts meowing at me to spread his blanket out, but it sounds kind of "off."  Like, more quiet and hoarse than normal.  I spread his blanket out and he curled up and started purring like mad.  And then Murphy came in and laid down and Connor started grooming him.  He doesn't seem like he feels bad or anything.  His meow just wasn't quite right.  So, should I be concerned?

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if (!this.myAnimator.GetCurrentAnimatorStateInfo(0).IsName("FlyKick"))
{
myRigidbody.velocity = new Vector2((horizontal * movementSpeed), myRigidbody.velocity.y);
}

myAnimator.SetFloat("speed", Mathf.Abs(horizontal));

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
if (!this.myAnimator.GetCurrentAnimatorStateInfo(0).IsName("FlyKick"))
{
myRigidbody.velocity = new Vector2((horizontal * movementSpeed), myRigidbody.velocity.y);
}

myAnimator.SetFloat("speed", Mathf.Abs(horizontal));
Hmmmm.  Where is my Secret Decoder Ring when I need it?    

Last edited:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok, I'm probably overreacting, but I'm worried.  Connor always meows at me if his (well, I bought it for me cuz I love plush and I knew it would encourage more Connor cuddles cuz plush is his favorite thing ever) anyway, if his plush blanket is arranged the way he wants it.  So, he comes in here and starts meowing at me to spread his blanket out, but it sounds kind of "off."  Like, more quiet and hoarse than normal.  I spread his blanket out and he curled up and started purring like mad.  And then Murphy came in and laid down and Connor started grooming him.  He doesn't seem like he feels bad or anything.  His meow just wasn't quite right.  So, should I be concerned?
Its probably nothing. My cat meows all the time and sometimes he just gets hoarse cause he meows a lot. Just keep an eye on him.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also dyed my hair purple last night:

Nice. 
 I mean both the wrapping and the hair, of course.

That tooth is going to need a cap or a veneer, both expensive procedures. A dental school could do it cheaper or even for free but those are usually in bigger cities. You can google your state to find out in which city yours is and go from there. I wish you luck in getting this fixed. If it's not so bad where it hurts by just cold air hitting it you might be able to delay it. And do look into making payments that you can handle.

Also, since you can't bite things: just cut bite size pieces off and then chew with your molars, that way you can eat almost everything..
The dental school let out for break and isn't open again until February. (I don't remember my  college breaks being that long, but then I wasn't in a specialized school or department.) I've got an appointment next week, and I'm hoping the insurance helps a lot. (I have no idea what my coverage is since they not only didn't send me a card, but aren't going to. When I called for information they told me all I needed was the name of the company, the phone number for the company, and the group number.) And yes, yes it hurts. I'm only up right now because I'm waiting on Advil.

That's awful.  I did that in the past when a stone got overlooked when I cleaned/cooked dried beans.  Cracked and sheared a molar.  Had to get a crown and yes, they are $$$.  Terrible that it happened, especially right at this time.  Something bad happened to me now, too, not related to teeth, but still bad.  So I empathize.  If you have a blender or food processor you can puree anything.  My then-husband did this for me after I had a dental procedure that left me unable to eat anything except through a straw.  Some things aren't as palatable as in their "normal" state, but depending on how long you have to wait, you still need to get nutrients.  Vitamins are another plus, too, just to make sure you don't get depleted in anything. Best luck on a good and quick fix for this terrible thing! 
Thanks. I think I need all the good luck I can get.
It's really weird. I just transferred a few months ago to another Post Office in a smaller town (not really a choice, it's considered a promotion, lol). A veryvery small town, about 400 people. Since I've been here, 3 newsworthy things have happened---there was a car wreck on the state highway with 2 people seriously injured, an elderly lady with Alzheimers drove off and froze to death when her car ran out of gas, and just a couple days ago a man was arrested on child sex charges. I found all those incidents on the county sheriff's website in the incident reports. But there was/is NOTHING in the news. Not in the Sioux Falls paper/channels, or in the newspapers of any nearby town. I think this is The Town That News Forgot
. It's just really odd to not get to read about incidents in the news. No wonder small towns have such robust gossip networks
I spent part of my childhood (the middle school years) in a town about that size. Well, about twice as big, Anyway, the gossips can be vicious. I'm glad I live somewhere larger now, without it being too large. (Yet; the place is under development.)

Gorgeous presents and I love the purple hair!

I avoid watching the news because it's so depressing.  I have enough stuff to be depressed about.  But it's still impossible to avoid.  I went to pick up the flea stuff from my mom at work and one of her coworkers wanted to share a news story with me.  In Arkansas, a grandma was taking a 2 year old and a 3 year old shopping.  Some *&$(# thought she stopped too long at a stop sign, pulled out a gun, and shot up the car, killing the 3 year old.

I'm allergic to every metal except gold.  I've tried nickel free and everything.  If it isn't pure gold, my ears swell up and get pussy in seconds.  I must be fine with rhodium, because white gold doesn't cause me any problems.

We went to Wal*Mart to get some lunch meat earlier.  He found a $20 bill in the bathroom.  Even though we're ridiculously broke, I'm gonna post it on swap shop.  Basically, "We found some money at Wal*Mart.  If anyone lost money, tell us how much and approximate time.  If your story matches, we'll get it to you."  If it isn't claimed, we're keeping it but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't at least try.  I mean, yeah, we're having money issues, but we were able to get Aislyn Christmas presents.  There are people worse off than us.  I mean, what if that's the only money some guy had to use for a Christmas present for his kid?
The only news I check out is the Odd News page on yahoo, and that's only because some of the stories make me laugh. One of the articles a few years ago was about an April 1 prank where someone poured soap into a golf course's sprinkler system resulting in huge piles of rolling foam that ended up blocking a couple of roads. I understand about the money. I wouldn't feel right either.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Wow.  Never heard of anyone being allergic to gold!  That's kind of too bad, isn't it? 
  I like silver, and hope you do too!
I adore silver!  In fact, I didn't even know I was allergic to gold till I got married (I was 27!), because I had always worn silver by choice.

Everyone ready for the BIG DAY?  It will be quiet here, just me and Hekitty, although I'll skype with the boys in the evening.  I'll prolly be the only person on TCS tomorrow!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

I adore silver!  In fact, I didn't even know I was allergic to gold till I got married (I was 27!), because I had always worn silver by choice.

Everyone ready for the BIG DAY?  It will be quiet here, just me and Hekitty, although I'll skype with the boys in the evening.  I'll prolly be the only person on TCS tomorrow!

I'll be checking in, too, because I don't have holidays now.  
I'll  be here, too.  

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Me too. Kids are too far away and so is the rest of the family. My fur babies will keep me company while I watch the newest Netflix movie I just got and then maybe look at another from Amazon Prime.

Has anyone heard of or has a TV Fire Stick? Amazon sells it and it allegedly lets you watch all kinds of things on TV for which you don't have to pay extra, it's somehow connected to the Internet and you plug it into a HMID slot on your TV. Can someone enlighten me just what you have to have besides this gadget and what exactly do you have to pay for and what do you get?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an Amazon Fire stick but I haven't gotten home internet yet :/. But a co-worker has it and says it's pretty awesome. On the box it says you get access to Hulu Plus, Amazon, Youtube "and more", and access to over 200,000 movies and TV shows. It says you can watch Netflix but I don't know if that means a Netflix membership is included or if you can just use it to access your membership. I'm sure they have more info on Amazon somewhere.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

me too.... Artie is having more issues... may have to take him to ER Vet, right after Christmas mass... thinking it may be 'time'...crying all day long...
@Artiemom Whatever you decide to do is the best thing for Artie and don't ever feel bad or guilty about it
If you decide to let Artie go, Angell will let you spend some last moments with him in a special quiet room. I'm sure you can request a paw print and a fur clipping if you want those. You can exit through a side door afterwards so you don't have to walk back through the lobby. Angell sends pets out for cremation. It may take a week or two to receive the ashes back in whatever urn you choose.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have work tomorrow night, a family get-together tomorrow day, Got all the presents wrapped (finally). Realized last night I had nothing for Grandma and her husband, so I got them a box of chocolates. Taking presents for coworkers in tonight so they have them during the day. (Everyone works Christmas because we have to keep the store open, and so that no one is there for too long.)

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
me too.... Artie is having more issues... may have to take him to ER Vet, right after Christmas mass... thinking it may be 'time'...crying all day long...
Oh Artiemom. I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you. I've heard you talk about Artie so much, I feel like Artie is one of my own. Peace be with you and give Artie an extra hug for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.