The Tree

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very, very early this morning I was in the shower and I heard a slight bang, and then one of our inside dogs barked for a few seconds. I was still half asleep so I didn't think a lot of it.
When I came out of the bathroom, this dog was standing a few feet away. Usually this dog just lays around, but this morning he was standing on all fours, staring at me with his ears perked up and his tail, held low, was wagging furiously. His hackles were risen on his body from his neck to his shoulders, and he kept looking out into the hall and back at me.
My wife was already outside, and my first thought was something was very wrong, some intruder or something has happened to my wife, and I threw on my bathrobe ran into the hall.
It's still dark, so without flicking on a light I see a few sets of widened, spooked cat eyes staring back at me. I think someone has been here, someone has robbed us, get outside to your wife this instant and I run into the living room, flip on the light, and see an 8 foot tall artificial tree we have in our living room crashed onto it's side, with that little fake mulch stuff all over the place.
The cats have tails that look like they belong on raccoons and Baby Girl is cool as a cucumber, sitting near the tree and gazing up at me. "I killed this tree for you, Dad, I think it was after us".

And that's the story of how an artificial tree almost gave me a cardiac infarction at 5:30 in the morning :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:
I think Baby Girl deserves a treat!

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to have a cat named oatis, and one day my parents were working in the front yard we were all helping, and then after 5 hours of work we had dinner, and i went to feed oatis and realized he was no where in sight. So the whole family went searching for him outside for and hour and we decided that he may have gone off to play with some other neighbor hood cat. So i walked upstairs back to my room and noticed something moving my bed sheets on my bed. I slowly pulled the bedsheet and found Oatis laying there like a human lol , head on the pillow and the rest of his body on the bed, and he is looking at my like "whats your problem ? Im sleeping " LOL I wish i had a photo of that .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update on the tree and the cat that are trying to kill me:
The bungee cord has worked so far. But now the problem is she's climbing it. That's not the problem, the problem is she climbs into the branches, and either plays "he loves me, he loves me not" by plucking the (fake) leaves off of the (fake) tree, or hides in the leaves she hasn't yet decided to murder and when one of the dogs or other cats walks by (usually a dog), she practices her flying squirrel imitation and dives with all fours spread eagle at them.
Problem #1: I don't want her to get hurt. If she were a human, she'd be a stunt man because she has no fear or no sense of preserving herself. If she sees it, she wants it and would probably break every bone in her body getting it.
Problem #2: Some of the dogs are afraid to walk past the tree. (Well, it's kind of funny but those poor dogs are afraid of this mutated tree thing that shoots cats at you.)
Problem #3: SHE IS TEACHING THE OTHER CATS HOW TO DO THIS :flail: In a few weeks time, I think this big full tree will look like a giant stick poking sadly out of a broken pot.
I thought about moving it out to the shop for awhile and let the idea slowly dissolve from her brain and seeing how she reacts in a month or two when I bring it back in, and set it somewhere else.