The Tree

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very, very early this morning I was in the shower and I heard a slight bang, and then one of our inside dogs barked for a few seconds. I was still half asleep so I didn't think a lot of it.
When I came out of the bathroom, this dog was standing a few feet away. Usually this dog just lays around, but this morning he was standing on all fours, staring at me with his ears perked up and his tail, held low, was wagging furiously. His hackles were risen on his body from his neck to his shoulders, and he kept looking out into the hall and back at me.
My wife was already outside, and my first thought was something was very wrong, some intruder or something has happened to my wife, and I threw on my bathrobe ran into the hall.
It's still dark, so without flicking on a light I see a few sets of widened, spooked cat eyes staring back at me. I think someone has been here, someone has robbed us, get outside to your wife this instant and I run into the living room, flip on the light, and see an 8 foot tall artificial tree we have in our living room crashed onto it's side, with that little fake mulch stuff all over the place.
The cats have tails that look like they belong on raccoons and Baby Girl is cool as a cucumber, sitting near the tree and gazing up at me. "I killed this tree for you, Dad, I think it was after us".

And that's the story of how an artificial tree almost gave me a cardiac infarction at 5:30 in the morning :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My story could be titled "The Lamp"

Sophie gets into EVERYTHING. If it exists, it must be climbed, sat on or pushed out of the way - or all 3. I have a stereo cabinet in my room. She likes to sit on it and climb on it to get to the top of the bookshelf where she sits and pretends that she's an owl. This lamp was on that stereo cabinet for YEARS. 15 maybe? One day I heard a crash, I go into my room and there's Sophiesaurus on the stereo cabinet all stretched out. Relaxed and comfortable. No lamp. I look down at the TV stand which is next to the cabinet and there's the lamp in pieces. I look back at the guilty party who is giving me her, "What? It jumped! Honest! I tried to stop it but I couldn't" look. It got in her way and she pushed it off the cabinet. I also have stories like " Whatever Happened to the Ceramic Dish DD Made in Elementary School?",' "Sophie Creates the Fortress of Solitude" (the area on the TV stand in the living room behind the TV itself) "The Zoomies VS a full set of curtains (rod and all)" and the sequel to that, "The Zoomies VS a bunch of pictures on the Wall". She's lucky she's so cute. :lol:

The funny thing is that Lilith doesn't get into ANYTHING. She's the opposite of her sister. She has her favorite places to nap and relax but she doesn't feel that need to explore everything in sight.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol:

We had to barricade all our floor lamps because of our 2. I'd come home from work and find one down on the ground. Thankfully no bulbs were ever broken. At our old house our bedroom wasn't too far off the kitchen and one of the girls knocked a cookie sheet off the stove in the middle of the night. DH and I about hit the ceiling. :p

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The area on the TV stand that's behind the TV became the Fortress of Solitude after her majesty pushed everything that was back there onto the floor. A battery backup (which is kind of bulky and a bit heavy) and the router which is not. The FOS is a nice, mostly enclosed place where Sophie likes to nap sometimes. The router was easy. She just pushed it onto the floor with her paw. The battery backup was something she had to work on. She figured out that if she backs into it, she can push it off the stand with her fluffy little butt. I heard a crash, went into the living room and peeked over the TV. I got the, "I claim this area for myself. It is my Fortress of Solitude" look. She planted her flag there so I did the only sensible thing. Found new places for the router and battery backup. :salute:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Right after we did our kitchen over and we bought our new fridge, we still had the old fridge over by the French doors; the electric company hadn't come yet to pick it up. I had been working on decorating the kitchen for Christmas. Well, around 2:00 in the morning, we heard a CRASH! I got out of bed so fast, I fell on the floor and started crawling out the hallway until I could get myself up to run. "Somebody" who shall remain nameless, but who's first name ends with a -pop had jumped to the top of the old fridge. And from the fridge, she tried to leap to the top of the hutch. She got caught in the runner on the hutch. The Winterberry candle holder crashed to the floor and broke into a bazillion pieces.

And honestly? It was like something from a tv show. We have a gorgeous Winterberry sleigh. And it was tottering on the very edge of the top of the hutch. Rick said I leaped across the kitchen, yelling, "Noooooooo!", smacked into the kitchen table....and caught the sleigh just as it tipped over to the floor. Rick still calls it Pam's Hail Mary catch.

We were able to replace the candle holder from eBay; I've not seen the sleigh anymore since we bought ours. There is a sleigh out now, but it's not the same one as ours.

Speaking of being lucky she's so cute.....we're 99.99% sure it was Molli.

Oh, the stories I could tell about RugCats and their tales. And the Three Mouseketeers (Molli, Tabby, and Muffin) have some tales to tell, too! I could write a book. Or a blog.

Kat0121 Kat0121 Fortress of Solitude (FOS) :flail::flail:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester She's so funny. She thinks we can't see her when she's back there. Whenever I check on her if she's back there, she gives me the, "Why are you looking at me? I'm invisible" look. :lol:

She's in the kitten stage permanently. That's one of the reasons that her nickname is Kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a repeat this morning (didn't need nitro tabs this time), the tree is now bungee corded about 3/4 of the way up to the stair railing.
Now I bet she'll spend the entire night trying to knock it over, and will want a present for playing me banjo music all night :gaah:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Moral lesson: Indoor trees and indoor cats do not belong in the same universe. LOL.:D