The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I reunited with two former students of mine today.I was an 8th grade history teacher at the time at a middle school.They were two good students I had,did their work and turned it on time.Respectful to me,this was 2001-2002.They saw me as positive role model knowing I have a disability with my pituritary dwarfism.One was born without their right hand and the other lost their left leg below the knee at 5 years old from cancer wearing a prosthetic leg.I motivated them to keep their heads up.It was cool and both are now 35 year old adults married with 2 kids with their wives.It was emotional and thanked me for what I did for them.They were glad I taught them not to let a disability hold them back

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Free squirrel food! Someone advertised that they had bins of acorns to give away so I took a full tote of them. I have to sort and float them to get rid of the bad ones, then I will dry, bag and freeze them for winter squirrel and wildlife feeding.
That's fantastic-great idea freezing them!I buy big 50lb bags of raw peanuts each month for the squirrels and today I had them in the cart and a lady said" Wow,you must really like peanuts!" Rofl

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have bought bags of squirrel food for their feeder but right now they are getting the droppings from the bird feeder. (Can’t do the peanuts.) DH picked me up a couple bags of the bulk bird food and its full of corn that gets tossed by the birds. But hey its not going to waste! We’ve had the squirrels and bunnies there lately. One young squirrel was sitting under the shade of the squirrel baffle munching for a while this afternoon!

DH replaced the back door light fixtures this weekend and now I can peek out at night to see who is visiting after dark again. The first night it was a bunny. I’m happy to see those too because the last few years we’ve rarely seen them. Before that they were raising families in our backyard all the time. Id have little babies out there with me while I watered my gardens.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I have bought bags of squirrel food for their feeder but right now they are getting the droppings from the bird feeder. (Can’t do the peanuts.) DH picked me up a couple bags of the bulk bird food and its full of corn that gets tossed by the birds. But hey its not going to waste! We’ve had the squirrels and bunnies there lately. One young squirrel was sitting under the shade of the squirrel baffle munching for a while this afternoon!

DH replaced the back door light fixtures this weekend and now I can peek out at night to see who is visiting after dark again. The first night it was a bunny. I’m happy to see those too because the last few years we’ve rarely seen them. Before that they were raising families in our backyard all the time. Id have little babies out there with me while I watered my gardens.
Awwww,how cute---hope you get more bunny babies to visit with you while youre watering .....what fun,sounds lovely

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A quick cell phone return today. Found an IPhone lying in the parking lot of a shopping center near a grocery store. I don’t know if this works with other phones but with an IPhone, even if it is locked, you can answer phone calls. So I set it on the seat next to me as I was driving home and got a call within minutes. The gentleman was calling his wife’s phone thinking she’d dropped it somewhere in the car so he was a little surprised when I answered. Anyway, they weren’t too far away and were able to pick it up a few minutes after I got home.

I have done this kind of return a few times before and to me it seems safer that just dropping the phone off at some store lost and found.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made my final decision for what we will study in school this year. DS was interested more in the American History course from the new company I was exploring instead of the Ancient History course I did with DD in this grade (which he listened in on anyway). We get to read novels with this program too. I'm hoping it's a better fit for him!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
A quick cell phone return today. Found an IPhone lying in the parking lot of a shopping center near a grocery store. I don’t know if this works with other phones but with an IPhone, even if it is locked, you can answer phone calls. So I set it on the seat next to me as I was driving home and got a call within minutes. The gentleman was calling his wife’s phone thinking she’d dropped it somewhere in the car so he was a little surprised when I answered. Anyway, they weren’t too far away and were able to pick it up a few minutes after I got home.

I have done this kind of return a few times before and to me it seems safer that just dropping the phone off at some store lost and found.
I found a phone once at Disney World-kept it all day hoping some one would call and the darn thing went dead-I considered lost & found and then got so distracted I forgot all about the phone-when I got home I remembered the phone said Sprint in the "about phone "setting so I stopped in at a Sprint store- they had the owners info and said they'd ship it to the owner if they couldn't reach them but they did on the alternate number.....the owner didn't live in Florida,they were on vacation ,appreciative and very sweet ..... it's gratifying to do something nice for someone,one good turn deserves another.....

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent the day at the Botanic Garden. I call it my happy place because it's so peaceful and serene.🌹 They have wonderful exhibits/events and there was a lovely concert today.

View attachment 456307
Looks Heavenly!so beautiful-even the photo brings Peace and serenity,I can just imagine how you felt!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted about a talent competition that my niece was a finalist in.....well, the show was last night and she took second place! She did awesome! And the girl she lost to was really good also so she feels pretty proud about her "second" place standing. She sang one pop song...called "lovely" by Billy Eilish and a second song she wrote herself...and of course because it was a song she wrote, there was no background music so she had to sing it acapella...and if anyone one knows about singing, acapella is very difficult because you really need to make sure your voice/performance can carry on it's own.
We're all very proud of her!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a bit of a girls day with DD today. DS is off at camp this week so we had a late breakfast at a local bagel place she hadn't been to yet. Then I took her to a place where you paint ceramics or wood things. I chose a cat of course. She went with a wood cutout turtle thing made of 4 layers of wood where you paint each layer a different color and then glue it all together. Both came out pretty cool!

I wouldn't tell her what we were doing and boy that bugged her big time! :cool: But I think she enjoyed my choices. I have been trying to do this for months! DS's group is supposed to do a model rocket launch but it keeps getting rescheduled due to weather. We had the whole place to ourselves and we were there for a while so DS would have definitely gotten bored. I text DH a picture of our pieces and told him that and he said "Me too." And I told him "That's why we didn't invite you!!" :flail:

And then we came home to a big delivery of school books! :hyper::bawling2::lol:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s day two of the visiting Tibetan monks creating a sand mandala in town! Awed by every minute of it. After they make these incredibly intricate pieces they blow them all away….just being near a Tibetan monk is a positive.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a bit of a girls day with DD today. DS is off at camp this week so we had a late breakfast at a local bagel place she hadn't been to yet. Then I took her to a place where you paint ceramics or wood things. I chose a cat of course. She went with a wood cutout turtle thing made of 4 layers of wood where you paint each layer a different color and then glue it all together. Both came out pretty cool!

I wouldn't tell her what we were doing and boy that bugged her big time! :cool: But I think she enjoyed my choices. I have been trying to do this for months! DS's group is supposed to do a model rocket launch but it keeps getting rescheduled due to weather. We had the whole place to ourselves and we were there for a while so DS would have definitely gotten bored. I text DH a picture of our pieces and told him that and he said "Me too." And I told him "That's why we didn't invite you!!" :flail:

And then we came home to a big delivery of school books! :hyper::bawling2::lol:
You are an amazing Mom-a really wonderful loving Mother💕

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My son came home from camp today glowing. He stunk because other than swimming in a creek they sure didn’t touch water all week! :rolleyes2: He forgot to use the big repellents I went all over looking for (no sprays because someone was allergic) and forgot sunscreen too… But his Italian genes were showing with a nice tan and only a little burn on his neck. He had a whole binder with his schedule and things they learned. They got 2 tshirts and a nice hat with a patch for this years camp. Somehow I have a lot of laundry to do. But both my kids are back under my roof. And he went to bed SO easily and quickly tonight. I think he was too tired to dawdle. :lol:

Oh and the leader who drove the boys was kind and dropped all of them off at home instead of parents meeting up with him. Camp was about 4 hours away so that was really really kind of him!
You are an amazing Mom-a really wonderful loving Mother💕
Thank you. The best part was getting a late night text saying “I had fun today.” 🥹

Status
Not open for further replies.