The Positive Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We've been going to a dog contest in conjunction with July 4th activities for the past 20 years and today was no different. I was able to get a pic of these two pair of pups decked out for the event, (we have seen the Samoyeds before but they're so fluffy that I had to get another pic this year). 🐾

IMG_2019.jpeg IMG_2026.jpeg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I fed M at around 10:45ish, and then I didn't hear her stirring to feed again until 5AM!

I don't expect her to male a habit of it at this age (she possibly needed extra sleep for a growth spurt), but I appreciated it, for sure!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My niece (13) auditioned for a local talent competition (singing/guitar). This is a competition for ages from 12 to 21, without any age group divides, so she'd be competing against everyone equally.
For the audition she had to prepare 2 songs, so she sang/played a song she wrote herself and a "mainstream/popular" song. They were very impressed and asked her if she had any other songs that she wrote and if she would be willing to play another one. So of course she did.
Well, I just got word that she got in!!!! Yay!

She also had to audition for the music program at the high school she wants to attend in the fall, and she also got in there too! Yay!

She's very talented and yet, still has so much potential to unlock. I can't wait until she can access some real vocal coaching to improve her skills, and for her to finally be rid of her braces so she can really get her voice "out there". She's not only fixing crooked teeth, but also an overbite, so she can't really open her mouth all the way with what they have in her mouth...she'd be one of those kids with the head gear if they hadn't improved braces technology over the years.

Anyway, proud Aunt over here!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
One of my friends is permanently moving to Austin where their children and grandchildren live. They just put their house up for sale so a group of us met for dinner to wish her farewell. Although it was bittersweet she did invite us to visit anytime. 🧳

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t normally buy clothing at the thrift store but I happens to see a pair of brand new looking blue jeans by my favorite maker, Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda in just my size - a rare find because I not only need a petite size but petite short length size. Anyway snatched them up, brought them home, washed them and then tried them on. From the hips down they were fine and I could zip them up but the waistline was uncomfortably tight. Did I gain weight or did the manufacturer change their sizing? Should I be horrified or just dissapointed?

Since they were almost a fit I thought perhaps I could do some modifications, adding extra fabric at the waist seam to give me some breathing room. But as I looked at the side seams I saw what the problem with the waist on these pants actually was. The former owner had taken in the waist about an inch on each side and all I had to do was snip out her stitching to have a pair of perfect fitting new jeans at a bargain price.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
This happened when I put J on the couch yesterday morning.

View attachment 454638

Normally Lelia jumps and runs off as quickly as she can when I deposit J, so the fact that she stayed for about two minutes is a miracle.
Your daughter has such dark hair! Even though we can’t see her face, I can tell she is a cutie!

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My house is peaceful this morning. We had another heavy rain come through and its cooled things off. Even my kids are chill this morning. I’m just soaking it in.

Also Mooch climbed up the cat tree. Her big steps are close enough to get her up. She looked so happy to be sitting high on it chatting with me. :redheartpump: I need to refill the bird feeders for her! Its a little blurry but she always squints when I take pictures in case it flashes.
B6E71889-1EB1-44E1-B24A-9A5CA6CA0686.jpeg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My house is peaceful this morning. We had another heavy rain come through and its cooled things off. Even my kids are chill this morning. I’m just soaking it in.

Also Mooch climbed up the cat tree. Her big steps are close enough to get her up. She looked so happy to be sitting high on it chatting with me. :redheartpump: I need to refill the bird feeders for her! Its a little blurry but she always squints when I take pictures in case it flashes. View attachment 454897
she is gorgeous!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.