Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
woo-hoo! :banana1::party3::wavey:

So, last year the Colorado Avalanche won the Stanley Cup, this year the Denver Nuggets won the Championship and the Colorado Rockies baseball team is doing better :thumbsup:, so now we just need to wait and see if the utterly incredibly embarrassing trade for Russell Wilson, Denver Broncos quarterback, and his truly awful season last year is improved next fall with the acquisitions of some key position players. :vibes::crossfingers: !

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Papa Bluebird has been perching on my porch railing right outside the door every day lately. 💙 I’m loving getting such an up-close view! :loveeyes: I still had to zoom with my phone camera but I wasn’t far away at all really. I just didn’t want to scare him off.

View attachment 452256
How wonderful! You could quite easily put up a bluebird box, if you haven’t. (Although at this point might not get used til next season). They love a patch of long grass too, for finding insects. Good on you for having things on your window, so birdies don’t collide.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How wonderful! You could quite easily put up a bluebird box, if you haven’t. (Although at this point might not get used til next season). They love a patch of long grass too, for finding insects. Good on you for having things on your window, so birdies don’t collide.
I have 2 Bluebird houses and 2 Chickadee houses in the yard. The one always gets taken by sparrows but the one on the tree they use. I'm not sure they've ever had a brood successfully there. I've found an unhatched egg in it one year. And caught a big black snake another time. That wasn't fun. But this year they seem to be around a lot so I think they're raising babies just fine. I was just looking for the feeder I got to see if I can attach it to the deck rail. They didn't like it swinging.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My oldest and I saw the play West Side Story yesterday and loved it. The young lady who played Maria had the most remarkable voice and after reading the program booklet I knew why, i.e. background in opera. Prior to meeting my daughter I sat on the Riverwalk in the morning drinking a cup of coffee and watching the bridges go up in front of the iconic Marina Towers. It was a wonderful day!
IMG_1994.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riverwalk
Is that in Texas? They have one in San Antonio I went to.

My positive is-- Dad's heart regenerated from 20% to 45% on Entresto, an experimental new med. Can't believe that's even possible. I didn't pay attention when my brother told me about it because I figured it was impossible to regenerate the heart, because that's the way it always used to be.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that in Texas? They have one in San Antonio I went to.

My positive is-- Dad's heart regenerated from 20% to 45% on Entresto, an experimental new med. Can't believe that's even possible. I didn't pay attention when my brother told me about it because I figured it was impossible to regenerate the heart, because that's the way it always used to be.
It's Chicago!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hopefully I don't jinx this 🙏🤞

My King/Giant Betta ( -- there seems to be some controversy over the terminology, as to whether a king Betta is just a somewhat larger than usual fish and not a specifically different variety whereas a Giant really is what the name implies 💞) has a deformed mouth.

I have no idea if it's genetics (suspected since just lately I'm reading about other Bettas with odd mouths) or an injury but in any case, as he grew it was getting challenging for him to get a hold of food pellets. I worked for several weeks trying to find something that he could eat (some of these guys can be as picky as certain cats we know lol so this didn't help).

Anyway, after several days of consistency, I think I have it and he's not losing any more weight--some days he even looks like he might be gaining 👍, by crushing his pellets even tinier than the smallest brand on the market.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our oldest niece just got engaged to her high school sweetheart. They’ve been together about 6 years now and somehow I knew it would happen soon. My SIL and BIL have always loved him. Their high school couldn’t have a regular senior prom because of covid so he threw her a prom in a barn on his parents property. How cute is that? 🥹 Niece has been doing amazing in college too. Everyone seems over the moon excited. Except DS whose just…a boy his age. :lol:

(I hope they don’t make me climb to the top of a mountain for their wedding. I could see that happening…:lol:)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I stopped for a breakfast bagel at a local bagel chain’s “new” location. I’ve had lunch at their original place but I’ve not gotten by the one close to me since it opened. It wasn’t a bad price either! A lot of their afternoon menu has a healthier twist but they also make really good homemade chips and fries. :lol:

Anyway that bacon, egg, and cheese on a sun dried tomato bagel really hit the spot.:yummy:

Status
Not open for further replies.