The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Thanks for the update. :thumbsup: I love your comfy leisure yoga pants. :rbheart:

I haven't posted in awhile - our tv broke and DH has been having withdrawal. :lol: My positive is we bought a new one today, nothing gigantic or loaded with bells and whistles but the picture is so much clearer than our old one.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Thanks for the update. :thumbsup: I love your comfy leisure yoga pants. :rbheart:

I haven't posted in awhile - our tv broke and DH has been having withdrawal. :lol: My positive is we bought a new one today, nothing gigantic or loaded with bells and whistles but the picture is so much clearer than our old one.
Thanks neely. I bet hubby was in major withdrawals from not having a tv, ha!!

I am having my hair colored today for the first time in a year, ha!!! it really needs it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Would Lola actually hurt dear Willow if left alone with her? Sounds like you have a good solution. So sweet
that Lola is a lap kitty.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Would Lola actually hurt dear Willow if left alone with her? Sounds like you have a good solution. So sweet
that Lola is a lap kitty.
The two have exchanged slaps and there have been a few scratches but not serious fighting. The issue is that Willow simply will not come out of hiding to eat or use the litter box if Lola is free. Willow sleeps/hides in a closet which is open if she chooses to come out. She has done that once or twice and there was no fighting but her anxiety gets so high for a few days afterwards. Lola does go and visit Willow in her closet almost daily. Some days there is hissing and slapping and other days nothing. So I just let it play out .

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Time to start the big snowblower. If you wait too long in the fall and you can’t get it started, there might be a couple month wait for repairs and mine is an old one so it always makes me anxious. It did not start easily but finally I got it running. Between that and my little battery operated one, I am ready for snow!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped at the dollar store yesterday to pick up some cans of green beans. Green Giant beans at the grocery store are an outrageous $1.99 a can while the same brand at Dollar Tree are $1.25. While in the canned goods aisle I noticed they had canned cherry pie filling. You need a couple cans for a pie and the price per can at the grocery is $3.50 to $4.00 each. So I thought, heck even if these cans are light on cherries and mostly juice if I have to use three cans to make a pie I am still ahead. Made my pie today and was so surprised to see that this $1.25 pie filling was better quality than the expensive stuff! I am going back to pick up a few more cans for holiday pies

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped at the dollar store yesterday to pick up some cans of green beans. Green Giant beans at the grocery store are an outrageous $1.99 a can while the same brand at Dollar Tree are $1.25. While in the canned goods aisle I noticed they had canned cherry pie filling. You need a couple cans for a pie and the pice per can at the grocery is $3.50 to $4.00 each. So I thought, heck even if these cans are light on cherries and mostly juice if I have to use three cans to make a pie I am still ahead. Made my pie today and was so surprised to see that this $1.25 pie filling was better quality than the expensive stuff! I am going back to pick up a few more cans for holiday pies
No offense, but I hope you washed off the cans, completely.. Personally, I do not trust the Dollar Store or Dollar Tree (worse offender) with food items. There have been too many reports of them using pesticides, questionable
housekeeping--bugs, etc, for me to feel comfortable buying any food from either chain.

One time, I went into a Dollar Tree; it stunk to high heaven with bug poison.. walked in and out...
Please be safe...

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
No offense, but I hope you washed off the cans, completely.. Personally, I do not trust the Dollar Store or Dollar Tree (worse offender) with food items. There have been too many reports of them using pesticides, questionable
housekeeping--bugs, etc, for me to feel comfortable buying any food from either chain.

One time, I went into a Dollar Tree; it stunk to high heaven with bug poison.. walked in and out...
Please be safe...
There are two near me and both are quite clean. But regardless of where they are purchased I always wipe cans down anyway before opening.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We met an old friend for brunch today that we haven't seen since the pandemic started. We met her when we were young newlyweds and have known her for 40 plus years. She's also a cat lover. 😻 We not only enjoyed the brunch food but talked for three hours. We both agreed not to wait so long to get together in the future.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped at the dollar store yesterday to pick up some cans of green beans. Green Giant beans at the grocery store are an outrageous $1.99 a can while the same brand at Dollar Tree are $1.25. While in the canned goods aisle I noticed they had canned cherry pie filling. You need a couple cans for a pie and the price per can at the grocery is $3.50 to $4.00 each. So I thought, heck even if these cans are light on cherries and mostly juice if I have to use three cans to make a pie I am still ahead. Made my pie today and was so surprised to see that this $1.25 pie filling was better quality than the expensive stuff! I am going back to pick up a few more cans for holiday pies
How was your pie? I ordered one from Walmart after I read your post, ha!! Marie Calendar's Cherry Crunch frozen

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We met an old friend for brunch today that we haven't seen since the pandemic started. We met her when we were young newlyweds and have known her for 40 plus years. She's also a cat lover. 😻 We not only enjoyed the brunch food but talked for three hours. We both agreed not to wait so long to get together in the future.
whatan amazing day you had!! what did you have to eat?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The two have exchanged slaps and there have been a few scratches but not serious fighting. The issue is that Willow simply will not come out of hiding to eat or use the litter box if Lola is free. Willow sleeps/hides in a closet which is open if she chooses to come out. She has done that once or twice and there was no fighting but her anxiety gets so high for a few days afterwards. Lola does go and visit Willow in her closet almost daily. Some days there is hissing and slapping and other days nothing. So I just let it play out .
So sweet that Lola visits her.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Minus 2 items, all my orders from Amazon have been delivered. Still have to unpack some of them. Nothing exciting except the baggy yoga pants. I discovered I was out of small hand cremes so I ordered some from Bath&Bodyworks. Good deal, buy 3 get one free.
And a new litter box for Big Cal is due to arrive tomorrow!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Little but amusing positive for me: I found the keyboard from my old desktop computer plugged into my laptop works just fine. No more wonky Ts, Y, or 9s! :lol: I've been using the wireless keyboard DD normally uses for schoolwork for the last few days but she really missed it. I'm so glad this works. Even if it is taking up more space at the table to have the keyboard in front of the laptop. I'll get used to the cord on it. :lol:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
ordered a cinnamon babka from Amazon, hope i's good!!!

going to put the electric blanket on my bed as it will be in the 30s tonight

I just spoke with Robert, my neighbor who lives on the other side of duplex. I had taken a bag of rubbish out. He told me he and his girlfriend had broken up. I have had a little crush on him since he moved in in April.:blush: He is autistic and has a hard time looking me in the eye but he is getting more comfortable with it!! I have on my awful cheetah print robe and not the pretty pin one but hr had no shirt on!!
Maybe I should ask him if he wants to have lunch....hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.