The Positive Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I received FOUR pairs of pants in the mail today when I only ordered two, and wasn’t charged for the 2 extras! They are great work pants, too, w/ lots of pockets. …Where would your moral compass point in this? (It’s a big company).

A friend ordered a set of curtains as a gift for me one time and had them shipped directly to me. I received three curtains, all the same pattern and size 😲 I let my friend know and she contacted the company who told her to just keep the extra and they didn't charge her extra. The extra is a nice back up to have if one curtain needs replacing for some reason.

Positive.... it's a nice summer day :) A little cool but still warm enough for a t shirt and shorts.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to have a new furnace put in last year and I have just hated it. Whenever it went on it which can be three or four times an hour in winter it really blew cold air the first few minutes. So much that I felt cold and miserable all winter. I had the company come back out a few months after it was installed and they gave me the blah blah basically saying that is just the way higher efficiency furnaces were and I had to live with it. With furnace weather coming in as little as 30 days I wanted a second opinion so today I had a different company out.

The technician was just wonderful and there WERE changes he could make so that It will be not only warmer but also quieter. It was such a relief that I was almost in tears.

Last edited:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last Friday I was contacted by the woman who runs the gallery where I had my art show. She is doing bookings for next year and wants me to do another! My next show with her will be next December.

On top of that, she put me in contact with three other galleries (also connected to local libraries). She said I should expect to hear from them soon. One contacted me today. The date is not concrete yet, but I will have a show there in March! It is a smaller gallery so I will have to include more of my smaller pieces than my big ones, but they are also interested in displaying some of my pottery. I do not know if I will do that, but I will display my paintings.

My husband is teasing me by calling me a professional artist. I would not go that far, but it does feel good to have at least two galleries interested in displaying my artwork.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Last Friday I was contacted by the woman who runs the gallery where I had my art show. She is doing bookings for next year and wants me to do another! My next show with her will be next December.

On top of that, she put me in contact with three other galleries (also connected to local libraries). She said I should expect to hear from them soon. One contacted me today. The date is not concrete yet, but I will have a show there in March! It is a smaller gallery so I will have to include more of my smaller pieces than my big ones, but they are also interested in displaying some of my pottery. I do not know if I will do that, but I will display my paintings.

My husband is teasing me by calling me a professional artist. I would not go that far, but it does feel good to have at least two galleries interested in displaying my artwork.
Oh CONGRATS!!! You ARE a professional artist! Go for it! Hooray!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's amazing! By next December, I assume you mean December 2023 so you have plenty of time to make new paintings?

You're totally a pro at this point.
I do mean December 2023. The smaller ones are needed for the March show. Still, I should have time. I hope!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
but they are also interested in displaying some of my pottery. I do not know if I will do that
I don't think I realized you were a potter/ceramist too. You're extremely talented and I'd love to see a pic of some of your pottery. :rbheart:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I realized you were a potter/ceramist too. You're extremely talented and I'd love to see a pic of some of your pottery. :rbheart:
I am very much an amateur when it comes to pottery. I do small or midsize hand builds and use pit firing rather than a kiln. I want to get into raku or saggar pottery, but I think I will wait until I am a bit more experienced. I do not have much of what I made previously, as I tend to give them as gifts and the last firing was a disaster. I am starting some new pieces this weekend and plan to do my next firing late in October. I will post if any of those turn out! Haha!

Here are a few that I have not sent out yet. Two are ring boxes, two are just boxes. The ring boxes are for my son's friend's wedding. The two others are Yule gifts for my son and his best friend who is like a son to me.

20220830_164938 (1).jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am starting some new pieces this weekend and plan to do my next firing late in October. I will post if any of those turn out! The ring boxes are for my son's friend's wedding. The two others are Yule gifts for my son and his best friend who is like a son to me.
I'll look forward to seeing your new pottery pieces and I'm sure they will turn out great. :thumbsup: How thoughtful of you to give your work as gifts since a personal handmade present is both special and sentimental. 🎁

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DS got to play Dominoes with his step-great-grandpa tonight (we just call him Grandpa __). He was BEAMING!! :lol: :redheartpump:

My step-grandpa loves to play and recently won a tournament; so it was fun to see DS play him too. We don’t see him too often at his age so DS doesn’t know him well. But it was special to see them bond over it for a bit.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We went to visit friends that recently adopted a 6 month old puppy. We brought a doggie goody bag and played with the pup in the yard. They thanked us for tiring her out, lol. :lol: Her husband is researching different foods and I made a few suggestions plus told him to talk with the manager of the local pet store we go to. When I told him not all vets are knowledgeable about pet nutrition he seemed surprised.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
So far,I made a yummy chili in my new multiple cooker. Meat came out very tender. I cooked the ground meat in it then added veggies,beans,canned. Tomatos,and oregano. Also steamed broccoli in it. I wish my freezer was bigger so I could cook tomorrow

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Going in for my Omnicron COVID booster this afternoon.
Did you have any side effects after the booster? Hope it went well. :crossfingers:

Trying to catch up with this thread so I have several positives. 1) The most major positive is that Carleton is feeling better and we were able to stop one of his meds after having to rush him to the vet last week. :lovecat2: 2) September is a busy month for friends and relatives' birthdays so I've been getting together to celebrate with several people. 3) I found a backpack purse at a super reasonable price.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you have any side effects after the booster? Hope it went well. :crossfingers:
Actually, for the first time I did have side effects. Two days after booster I woke with a headache, sore throat and feeling terribly tired. I felt bad enough that I thought I might be coming down with actual COVID. But I woke up the following morning feeling almost back normal, just still a little tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.