What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was cheeseburger mac. Dinner will be country fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans. Alas, iPappy iPappy , mine are frozen from the store, not home canned! Darn it.
Almost chili weather. Give it another two weeks, where I am. Must remember to buy a Hershey's bar.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I will start to defrost meat in the microwave. I don't turn the microwave on, but just keep the meat in there because of the cats.
In fact, I have a chuck roast in the microwave right now, thawing, to be made into beef stew for dinner tonight. Along with my version of Cheddar Bay biscuits and a bit of coleslaw.

We didn't have tuna loaf last night. I was so hungry for pancakes. We had brought some sausage home from Dakin Farm. Pancakes and sausage last night. And it was good.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to have a salad last night. I had gotten a salad the night before, from the dining room, especially for yesterday.. Looked at it, it was all brown!! So mad!! :livid::livid::livid:

Checked my own lettuce--- have not done so because I hurt my back and knee--could not bend down.. It was all brown!!
Cuke was mushy! UGH......
All went into dumpster..

I have a container of chicken soup, but did not feel like opening it. It is from Whole Foods, still good..

Ended up with a bag of popcorn... nothing else...

This morning is a Bocce Brunch.. so I will have a good meal.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Well the bocce brunch was a success! Such a nice bunch of people. I really enjoy all of them.
I had the above mentioned omelette with cheese, mushrooms, spinach, ham.. some breakfast sausages, some fruit. I had to splurge: I got a tiny slice of cheesecake with strawberry sauce. It was not heavy; a light cheesecake, and the slice was small.
I topped all of that off with a couple of tiny mimosas and a friend bought me a decaf coffee with brandy!! Not drunk..
There was probably an ounce of Prosecco in the mimosa with about 2 ounces of orange juice.. rip-off. In a tiny champagne flute. Two sips and you were done!

It wa a good time, until we left. I lost my entire set of keys!! I was saving 4 seats.. musical chairs.. I put my jacket on one. my bag on another, my pocketbook on another, keys on another... as I was greeting people. Somehow, I managed NOT to put the keys away. I do not know where they went..

A couple of my friends stayed with me. The waiter and waitress looked.. they checked the napkins, silverware, floor, everywhere. I went to the hostess, I went to the Bar.. nothing. I left my name and telephone number. I am hoping someone in our group picked them up, mistakenly..

The key chain consisted of: car key, building FOB, apartment key, and mailbox key...plus those store cards. .. dam..
Now, I have to replace all of them...
ugh... busy week replacing the car key... it has to be linked to my alarm... I was given the name of a place in another city who may be cheaper than going to the dealership $$$$$...
Have to pay for the building and apartment keys... dam....

Just when I am trying to save money..
At least my car insurance in finally paid up...

I am still under a black cloud. 💨. :cloudy:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the bocce brunch was a success! Such a nice bunch of people. I really enjoy all of them.
I had the above mentioned omelette with cheese, mushrooms, spinach, ham.. some breakfast sausages, some fruit. I had to splurge: I got a tiny slice of cheesecake with strawberry sauce. It was not heavy; a light cheesecake, and the slice was small.
I topped all of that off with a couple of tiny mimosas and a friend bought me a decaf coffee with brandy!! Not drunk..
There was probably an ounce of Prosecco in the mimosa with about 2 ounces of orange juice.. rip-off. In a tiny champagne flute. Two sips and you were done!

It wa a good time, until we left. I lost my entire set of keys!! I was saving 4 seats.. musical chairs.. I put my jacket on one. my bag on another, my pocketbook on another, keys on another... as I was greeting people. Somehow, I managed NOT to put the keys away. I do not know where they went..

A couple of my friends stayed with me. The waiter and waitress looked.. they checked the napkins, silverware, floor, everywhere. I went to the hostess, I went to the Bar.. nothing. I left my name and telephone number. I am hoping someone in our group picked them up, mistakenly..

The key chain consisted of: car key, building FOB, apartment key, and mailbox key...plus those store cards. .. dam..
Now, I have to replace all of them...
ugh... busy week replacing the car key... it has to be linked to my alarm... I was given the name of a place in another city who may be cheaper than going to the dealership $$$$$...
Have to pay for the building and apartment keys... dam....

Just when I am trying to save money..
At least my car insurance in finally paid up...

I am still under a black cloud. 💨. :cloudy:
That would upset me as well. A while back I added a Tile tracker to my key ring because I am always forgetting where I placed them. I can have have my phone make them ring and find them by sound of they are closer by but I can also track them if they are a distance away through their app. An apple air tag also works that way and has better tracking. It could give me the location even if the keys were across town. An AirTag costs about $25 and definitely worth putting on your new set.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
That would upset me as well. A while back I added a Tile tracker to my key ring because I am always forgetting where I placed them. I can have have my phone make them ring and find them by sound of they are closer by but I can also track them if they are a distance away through their app. An apple air tag also works that way and has better tracking. It could give me the location even if the keys were across town. An AirTag costs about $25 and definitely worth putting on your new set.
Thanks, I think I will get an Air Tag for the key ring--once I replace all of them..
Right now, I have one of those over head thingies--forget name, for the extra car key; and another one for the extra apartment, building FOB.
I separated them, because sometimes I got for a walk, or I go downstairs, and do not want to chance loosing my car key.

I feel so incompetent.. as if my old age is setting in... too much, all at once..

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I think I will get an Air Tag for the key ring--once I replace all of them..
Right now, I have one of those over head thingies--forget name, for the extra car key; and another one for the extra apartment, building FOB.
I separated them, because sometimes I got for a walk, or I go downstairs, and do not want to chance loosing my car key.

I feel so incompetent.. as if my old age is setting in... too much, all at once..
I probably lose my keys around the house at least once a week…

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I probably lose my keys around the house at least once a week…
Yes, but this was in a restaurant. Mind you, we had a separate area, with 2 wait staff.. nothing was found. My guess is that they were mixed in with the napkins, or on the floor, or someone picked them up-- unintentionally..

I remember saving 4 seats... I put my hand bag on one, my jacket on another, my prayer on one, and my keys on another.. As people came it; I moved things around. I do remember saying to misery: " I shout clip this to my waist--
but I did not wan to ruin the waist line of my legging or the sweater. Then, I got completely distrated, with seeing some people, whom I really like..and have not seen them in months. So I do not really know what happened. One of my friends told me that as soon as I replace them, I will get them back..

I did pray to St Anthony.. many times.. and my friends did also.... dam ....
It was a nice time, but not for me, at the end........ dam...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We met an old friend for brunch and I stuffed myself. I started off with a brussels salad and blackened tofu. Then we shared a mammoth cinnamon roll for dessert. Needless to say I'm not very hungry for dinner but will probably have a bowl of lentil vegetable soup.

IMG_1730.jpeg

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was cheeseburger mac. Dinner will be country fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans. Alas, iPappy iPappy , mine are frozen from the store, not home canned! Darn it.
Almost chili weather. Give it another two weeks, where I am. Must remember to buy a Hershey's bar.
I actually prefer mine frozen! Canned beans are very good and home grown is great (I'm not taking any of the praise, Mom does all the work growing and picking, but I do clean most of them before canning!) The good thing about frozen is they're picked, and frozen and that's it. Canned green beans have a duller color from the cooking, and the frozen ones look like they were picked that same day. We froze some a few years ago and the difference in color was very noticeable.
Chili sounds awesome right about now. I might have to break into a can of that next weekend, gonna warm up again most of this week but it looks like it might be our last hurrah...

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was going to have a salad last night. I had gotten a salad the night before, from the dining room, especially for yesterday.. Looked at it, it was all brown!! So mad!! :livid::livid::livid:

Checked my own lettuce--- have not done so because I hurt my back and knee--could not bend down.. It was all brown!!
Cuke was mushy! UGH......
All went into dumpster..

I have a container of chicken soup, but did not feel like opening it. It is from Whole Foods, still good..

Ended up with a bag of popcorn... nothing else...

This morning is a Bocce Brunch.. so I will have a good meal.
Oh I hate that. Produce is so good but it doesn't last long at all.
Has anyone tried those green bags that's supposed to keep produce fresher for longer? I have a few but haven't used them yet.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
iPappy iPappy , do you have a foodsaver type vacuum sealer? They work great at keeping things fresh and having meats sealed, you can set them in a pan of water to defrost and the water doesn’t leak inside. I vacuum seal all of my freezer meat and usually defrost in water because it’s so fast.
You know, I don't, but I think my Mom does and she's very willing to let me use any kitchen gadgets I don't have.
Actually, I KNOW she has one because last year, we put up some corn in the freezer and that's how she stored it, bagged into food saver vacuum bags. I remember her yelling at it because a bag got stuck in the seal part or something, LOL! Thank you for the reminder!!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, but this was in a restaurant. Mind you, we had a separate area, with 2 wait staff.. nothing was found. My guess is that they were mixed in with the napkins, or on the floor, or someone picked them up-- unintentionally..

I remember saving 4 seats... I put my hand bag on one, my jacket on another, my prayer on one, and my keys on another.. As people came it; I moved things around. I do remember saying to misery: " I shout clip this to my waist--
but I did not wan to ruin the waist line of my legging or the sweater. Then, I got completely distrated, with seeing some people, whom I really like..and have not seen them in months. So I do not really know what happened. One of my friends told me that as soon as I replace them, I will get them back..

I did pray to St Anthony.. many times.. and my friends did also.... dam ....
It was a nice time, but not for me, at the end........ dam...
artiemom artiemom could you contact the people you were with and tell them to please search purses and coat pockets in case they accidentally stowed your set of keys away while distracted? Also could you call the restaurant you were at and tell customer service that a set of keys came up missing and leave your contact info in case a bus boy or someone found them and just put them behind the desk, thinking someone will claim them?
I had someone leave their purse here....everything inside....I real quick grabbed their file and called her phone. The purse sitting 5 feet away rang. UGH. About 1/2 hour later I got an absolutely panicked phone call searching for her purse, and yes we had it and it was safely tucked behind our front desk. So maybe someone has found them, hopefully!!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thin pieces of beef - I think they call it sandwich cut? - which I cut into strips. Sauteed, along with sliced red onion, sweet red pepper, mushrooms. A splash of red vermouth and cover pan. Added green peas left over from the other night. And served over small shell pasta. Good, but not fabulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.