The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Vaccine eligibility opened up for individuals 18+ in Ontario today so I booked my appointment for this Sunday! :)
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily that is terrific! The first shot does not hurt and the second one only about a day of mild headache. But the feeling of relief after getting vaccinated is sooo good. Anxiety levels decrease dramatically! 🌺 :silver: :sunshine:

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a set of flatware from Amazon last week. The seller left a message in the box and an Amazon gift
card for $20.00 if I gave the product a 5 * review. I did the review and they sent me a number to enter n the
redeem gift card option. I've never had that happen before but I'll take it!!:yess:
On eBay, I purchased some small funnels to help me fill kitten feeding bottles without spillage (my eyesight is not too good). The new foster parents have taken my last funnel - so I ordered some more. Normally, I would ask my daughter to get me some from the pharmacy where she works - but she no longer uses funnels and, though they cost next to nothing, she would have to order at least 100!
So I turned to eBay, where I had a voucher which practically paid for my purchase.

In addition to the funnels, the supplier included 2 free samples:

1. A packet of jelly bears (Haribo Goldbären) obviously for children, and
2. A small bottle of liquid aroma crystal which, having done a search, I believe is an electronic-cigarette liquid - but I know nothing about vaping and thought, at first, that it was a free sample of some perfume (Avon?)

I spent some time trying to find out how to dispose of it. (Here, such a small amount can thankfully be put in the normal household rubbish).
But how stupid is that? Sending sweets - obviously for kids and a free sample of some oil that is potentially dangerous. I will need a magnifying glass to find out exactly how dangerous. At least it seemed to have a child-safe top.

It reminds me of working at a biscuit-factory during a summer vacation. The custard creams, wafers, chocolate garibaldi, and lemon puffs all had to be packed by hand. The male students on one packing line would boast about putting packets of chewing gum (nothing worse, as far as I know) into the Christmas boxes of biscuits and getting away with it. The girls' packets of mixed wafers would have to be inspected for drops of blood - wafers can ruin your fingertips when you are forcing them into the corners of a cardboard box. Perhaps it's just as well that automatic packing machines have taking over such soul-destroying tasks. After 6 weeks the students were all glad to leave! The same probably for eBay-packers and all other poor souls packing products ordered on-line? To make their life more interesting they throw in a load of free items without thinking of the consequences should they get into the wrong hands.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have scrutinized them, just to make sure they are the real thing. I'll leave them out as one of the grandchildren is sure to grab them. But the e-cigarette liquid has been disposed of! Don't know anyone who does vaping!
Lol, I'd eat them before any grandchild even has a chance to grab them, but I have a terrible sweet tooth. 🍬

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I hadn't talked to one of my good friends in awhile so decided to call her and catch up this afternoon. She thanked me for calling and we spent over an hour on the phone. Her husband has MS so it's not easy for her to get away but since they have eased up the mandate restrictions we decided to meet over lunch one day soon. The last time I saw her was in March 2020 for her birthday so I can't wait to see her in person. :rbheart:

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was so excited, while sitting outside this afternoon to grab a quick iced drink at SB I saw a teacher I worked with 12 years ago. We talked and talked and talked. She's still at the same school and said she couldn't wait to text some of the other teachers I worked with who are also still there. It's unexpected surprises like this that make the day a positive one. :thumbsup:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys might be the only ones that appreciate this, but Sparkle made the noise she does when she's about to pass a massive hairball, so I ran over to her with a paper towel and stuck it under her head and caught most of it on that.

I feel like a champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.