The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My positive for today was astonishing. One of "my" hummingbirds came right up to the sprayer on the hose and stayed right there by my hand just as if she could not see me. So so close, like 4 inches close. My recently deceased Father always used to love hummingbirds so much he had about 10 feeders by his windows. I like to think it was him talking to me today and telling me "honey, it'll be alright". :silver:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the weather has been sunny and mild today since I'm invited to a friend's house for dinner tonight. She's having a mini-celebration for selling her house and we're sitting outside. There will be 9-10 other ladies and all of us have had the vaccine. 👍 We're a close group and pre-pandemic we met once a month for dinner. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.😊
That sounds so fun!! We've been so insulated for the past year, not healthy mentally. I bet you'll
have a great time eating and catching up.

S sweet jane flash The beautiful cat is Isabel, W WillowMarie 's girl.

Even warmer today!! 🌞 :cool: 🌷🌹🌸

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just taken three orphaned kittens (2 - 3 weeks old) to their new foster home, together with a supply of bottles, KMR etc. I was expected to teach the new foster parents how to bottlefeed kittens - but the kittens were such darlings that even a child could have fed them. Two red/white tabbies (male) and one calico, who fell asleep on my lap. I decided she should be called Monchhichi. Unfortunately, I left my phone in the car so no photos! The family who found the 4 kittens (one sadly died) screaming in a field near their home, already have 3 cats but are going to adopt all three kittens, once they have been weaned and are out of danger.

Feeding them made me feel quite broody - but there's no way I can take on any more fulltime commitments.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So funny... Even though Artie and Geoffrey are males, one of their nicknames are/were:
Monchichi...... where did I ever get that from????
Monchhichis were little monkey-like dolls (boys and girls), which were very popular when my daughters were younger. The little kitten asleep on my lap looked just like a brown, baby monkey (her ears haven't developed yet so her head is very round). No idea how /why your cats acqired the nickname!
Picture from Wikipedia

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember those monkey dolls! I think my cousin had one.

I did something today that I haven’t in the past year...a real all out shopping trip for my kids. I’m am SO beat! But I was able to find things that fit my DD and still look age appropriate. I wasn’t having luck online because she needed junior She’s officially got some clothes that look like what I wore in the mid 90s. Which were reminiscent of what my mother wore at some point too.:flail:

It was weird; but good. And I’m glad I don’t have to do that again for a while! 😅

I also scored several yellow rose bushes at the garden center. (Where I was in and out in 15 minutes.) My mother had wanted to get me one for Mother’s Day. They had some damage so they were all 50% off!:banana1:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monchhichis were little monkey-like dolls (boys and girls), which were very popular when my daughters were younger. The little kitten asleep on my lap looked just like a brown, baby monkey (her ears haven't developed yet so her head is very round). No idea how /why your cats acqired the nickname!
Picture from Wikipedia
my lil sister had one of those mon chi chi dolls :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Picture from Wikipedia
I cannot remember if I ever hadn't one of these dolls... They sure are cute.. I think I would like one now... :D They are so cute....

I think the name just stuck in my head.. I do not know why..

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I picked up Carleton's med at the compound pharmacy yesterday afternoon then stopped at a smaller Starbucks on the way home. We like to go there and sit outside because it isn't on a busy corner with crazy traffic. However, they told us SB Corp. is closing their location next week because they don't have a drive-thru. :frown: My positive is that all the employees will be transferred close by so it's reassuring to know they won't lose their job.👍

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Five years ago today I met up with someone I'd been messaging with from Match. I'd recently gone on three dates with another guy who was nice enough, but immediately ended it because I knew I wanted to pursue things with the guy I'd met if he was interested and I'd be settling otherwise.

Fortunately, he did want to pursue things and now we have the most amazing little family.

We went to our old town and the restaurant where we had drinks for our first date. It didn't turn out as expected. J got really upset when I took her inside to change her diaper (I think it was too dark and loud) and we spent most of dinner taking turns walking up and down the street with her to calm her, but it's okay.

It's also down the street from where he proposed so we took her to see the lock (the green one).
0515211734a~2.jpg

She's happy now at home.

And I'm happy where I am five years later.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Five years ago today I met up with someone I'd been messaging with from Match. I'd recently gone on three dates with another guy who was nice enough, but immediately ended it because I knew I wanted to pursue things with the guy I'd met if he was interested and I'd be settling otherwise.

Fortunately, he did want to pursue things and now we have the most amazing little family.

We went to our old town and the restaurant where we had drinks for our first date. It didn't turn out as expected. J got really upset when I took her inside to change her diaper (I think it was too dark and loud) and we spent most of dinner taking turns walking up and down the street with her to calm her, but it's okay.

It's also down the street from where he proposed so we took her to see the lock (the green one).
View attachment 380604

She's happy now at home.

And I'm happy where I am five years later.
aww cool story makes me feel like taking the gf back to eat where our firstmeal/date to her) was at :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww cool story makes me feel like taking the gf back to eat where our firstmeal/date to her) was at :lol:
Last year we moved on our anniversary, and it was covid, but my parents always went back to where they had their first date (and just for Chinese once that particular restaurant closed), so I wanted the same tradition, and we'd done so all the previous anniversaries. I'm glad we were able to go back to it this year.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I received an unexpected refund yesterday from Amazon. I had made a purchase that arrived late because the retailer said it had shipped but delayed delivering it to the post office for almost three days. When the package arrived a day later than promised I completed a retailer feedback . I wasn’t expecting anything to come of it, just expressing my annoyance, but either they felt they should or Amazon told them they should refund. Not a lot of money but still nice.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Picture from Wikipedia
I absolutely had a Monchichi! Did anyone have the mermaids called the Sea-Wees? My sisters and I loved playing with them!

unnamed.jpg

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeling really thankful for my friends. We talked about hanging out after I'm fully vaccinated and she didn't hesitate at all to say of course she'd be happy to mask up when we are together as she knows it will help me feel more comfortable, even though we would both be vaccinated.

We also discussed characters and plot of a show she recommended and watched that I started watching. It was really interesting how we both interpreted things differently through our own lenses of experience and I loved hearing her view. The conversation was invigorating and look forward to discussing it more as I continue more of the show. It is called Lost in Space.

susanm9006 susanm9006 Those are the best surprises! And what great customer service. With Chewy, I review purchased items when I remember and with lower reviews Chewy has reached out and refunded me without asking if I'd like one due to the unhappy review.

I did have one time I left a negative review and was contacted by the seller that they would like to offer a refund. I accepted, but found out they said they would send half and then after changing my review they would send the other half. Oh booooooy, haha. I ended up returning the item back to Amazon to get my money refunded, but thought that was very tricky of them. Wonder how often that happens. Anyway, just happy Amazon refunded the rest of the money when they received the item.

The weather was also beautiful today. Chilly morning, but oh so cozy with the windows open. Spent time on the deck early evening to get some fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.