The Positive Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 How are you feeling after the surgery? I hope it went well and your pain levels are manageable :hugs:
Lari Lari Could J be teething or is she too young for that? Love the "still living at home", ha!!💖

It's going to be sunny again today and supposed to hit 60.☀😎 Connie was here this morning and really chowed down.
Cal went on a walkabout for about 30 mins. I would love to know where she goes. Kaylee said I can get a little camera,
attach it to a collar and then find out by putting the thingy in my pc. She said they;re cheap from Walmart.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm not sure! Teething is a possibility. Or I accidentally ate something she's sensitive to. But after she took a nap in my arms after a couple hours of fussiness, she was back to herself.

Get my second vaccine today, yay!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 I do not expect to hear from you for a while---typing will be too hard to do after surgery.. but know we are all thinking of you!!

Lari Lari poor Baby J... she may have had a gas pocket or the beginnings of teething... such a good baby... and such a great mom...
Good luck with your second shot... remember to rest, keep hydrated after it.. do not plan of anything for a couple fo days.. relax at home with Baby J...

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 How are you feeling after the surgery? I hope it went well and your pain levels are manageable :hugs:
I'm actually feeling pretty good. I can type with both hands, I just can't lift anything. It's been a challenge opening cans of cat food, but I've got it mostly figured out. My dad has my puppy until Saturday and it's been a nice reprieve not having to get up to let her outside all the time and the cats love being able to all sleep in my bed with me again (Maisie was the only one who wouldn't sleep in my bed when the dog is around). I slept for 13 hours last night which was an excellent feeling since I'm kind of sleep deprived.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J's onesie today, lol.
I'm enjoying dressing her before she develops her own opinions on what to wear.

Poor baby was a bit fussy this afternoon, not sure what was going on, but I got more snuggles than usual, so there's a bright side. She also was able to roll from her belly to her back a couple times this morning!
Poor Sweetie! It is so hard when they cannot tell you what is wrong.

Juniper and Iris have finally been spayed! YAY! This was the third attempt. I half expected them to cancel again. Juniper had a bit of a difficult time and took longer in recovery. She is almost back to her normal self. So far, she has not shown any of her normal aggression towards Fennimore or Tara, but that may be the pain meds. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she is done being aggressive. (It was not to the point of attacks, but it was very disruptive.) She weighs 5 lbs 2 oz, and Iris weighs 4 lbs 1 oz. Such tiny girls!

Sadly, I could not catch Xanthippe. I tried to get her first, and she ran around the house a bit before climbing on top of the kitchen cabinets. She will have to be rescheduled. Worse comes to worst, she has to be trapped in one of my live traps. She is a fractious girl when we try to catch her! She clawed my wrist a little. It seems okay at the moment.

How can this 5 1/2 lbs cutie be so terrifying? Hahaha!
20200826_061919.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice! How's it going for you so far?

I will have my second does next week...
I'm okay so far! Arm is getting sore again (I tried to relax and move it a lot, but I probably tensed) and had a wave of fatigue a few hours later, and I'm still pretty tired, but it could be a lot worse. I had some Chai tea, but I may make more coffee.

J didn't cry at all at my parents' house this time, and I felt a lot better leaving her. We're just going to chill the rest of the night and I'll watch Masked Singer and she'll practice trying to roll. And I'll probably sleep pretty hard tonight.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm okay so far! Arm is getting sore again (I tried to relax and move it a lot, but I probably tensed) and had a wave of fatigue a few hours later, and I'm still pretty tired, but it could be a lot worse. I had some Chai tea, but I may make more coffee.
Hope that's the worst of it and sending comforting and soothing vibes for your sore arm. :vibes:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice! How's it going for you so far?

I will have my second does next week...

Isabelle and I enjoyed the fresh air today. She had a fascination with tasting leaves today, so momma was on high alert watching her to stop her nibbling. Sun was very bright and cozy.

View attachment 380161
Oh my, looking fancy and oh so beautiful!!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 - arm is sore and a bit of a headache. I wish I could take medicine, but I've grown paranoid about hidden dairy in pain pills. So I'll just drink coffee. But I'm okay enough I'm planning to go to Stroller Strides in a bit (I'd signed up for class today without thinking it was the day after vaccine 2, and I gave myself until like 3am to decide if I should cancel based on how I feel).

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari and MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 How are you both feeling?

It's supposed to get up to the 60s today and all sun!! Rare for Ohio ...low humidity as well.
I'll still need to bundle up to be on the deck bit it'll be ok.
:cool:🌹🌷🌞🌸

I might have to throw on a sweater and take Hobbit Baby outside so that I can pull weeds in my flower garden.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad the weather has been sunny and mild today since I'm invited to a friend's house for dinner tonight. She's having a mini-celebration for selling her house and we're sitting outside. There will be 9-10 other ladies and all of us have had the vaccine. 👍 We're a close group and pre-pandemic we met once a month for dinner. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.😊

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ordered veggies and fruits from the grocery this week and oven baked some sweet potato and beets. Super yummy and felt good to eat healthy.

PXL_20210513_200225291.jpg

Also, this week the farm share started, so even more veggie. They look super fresh, which is nice as the Walmart runs are hurt or miss with fresh produce. Most excited for the asparagus <3
PXL_20210513_210653098.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.