The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, how much seed can you fit in there?? Where did you get this style?
They are called No No feeders and you can buy them online at Amazon or wherever they sell feeders. It holds a couple pounds of seed at a time. The only pain with it is that you have to hang it on something to fill it because it is collapsible. But seed does not rot or mold on it, the rim is big enough for Cardinals and the little birds like to climb its screen.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles and @Tobermory,I think I have Goldfinches all year long. Except in winter they aren’t bright yellow but rather a tannish color? They love golden safflower and seem to prefer it over other seeds.
I have a safflower seed feeder that I put out when the big black birds start raiding the main feeder. They don’t like it and decide to eat somewhere else. The rest of the birds don’t seem to like it that much either though.

I think we have at least 3 types of finches. I only see the flashes if yellow in the warmer months. I’m not sure if we’ve seen the goldfinches in the winter or not. They don’t really go for the songbird blend that the others do.

I’d take a picture right now but my windows need cleaning big time!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a safflower seed feeder that I put out when the big black birds start raiding the main feeder. They don’t like it and decide to eat somewhere else. The rest of the birds don’t seem to like it that much either though.

I think we have at least 3 types of finches. I only see the flashes if yellow in the warmer months. I’m not sure if we’ve seen the goldfinches in the winter or not. They don’t really go for the songbird blend that the others do.

I’d take a picture right now but my windows need cleaning big time!
Did you fill with regular safflower or Golden Safflower? The Golden is different than regular white safflower. It has a thinner shell that little birds can get through, whereas the white is too tough for them. It is also more expensive, running me around $25 for ten pounds. But because it doesn’t get eaten by squirrels it also lasts much much longer and is cheaper in the long run.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
While I was resting yesterday, Caylee cleaned and reorganized my kitchen. When I walked in
I was astounded. it looked so uncluttered. Se said she hoped I didn't mind, hee, hee, mind??
I had to tell her a few things always stay in accessible places but other than that I was so pleased.

Chilly and damp now but will warm up. It's nice seeing people out and about.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens were also extra interested in me today while stretching
Demi hates it when I exercise, he cries and stands behind me. I have to keep one hand on the kitty at all times, which makes it impossible to balance. 🤨

Caylee cleaned and reorganized my kitchen
Wow. That's wonderful. It sounds like she's a good cook too. Cleaning & cooking, I give that a 👍

My positive for today is that my brother is sending me a care package of 18 pasta sauces, 3 almond milk, 3 rice milk, 2 beans, 3 bags rice. That should help with supplies for my cookery. I prefer pasta, but maybe I can find some good rice recipes. :thumbsup:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I was resting yesterday, Caylee cleaned and reorganized my kitchen. When I walked in
I was astounded. it looked so uncluttered. Se said she hoped I didn't mind, hee, hee, mind??
I had to tell her a few things always stay in accessible places but other than that I was so pleased.

Chilly and damp now but will warm up. It's nice seeing people out and about.
Doesn't a nice tidy up make such a difference? I just rearranged the living room, mainly to have my couch chair facing the window instead of in a dark corner, but it feels more spacious and clean, too!

Demi hates it when I exercise, he cries and stands behind me. I have to keep one hand on the kitty at all times, which makes it impossible to balance. 🤨
Awwww. What do you think he is thinking? What kind of exercising do you normally do?

Whenever I dance exercise, Persia stares at me super curiously, like she is trying to figure out what I'm doing, ahaha. It's too cute!

furballs bring joy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't know where to post this so I chose this thread. Just to let you all know, this cat site is a great place. I have been visiting it almost every day just to read the positive things people are doing with cats, the photos, and the great advice. We are cat lovers here, with 15 outdoor cats, fixed, and tame. We live on a farm with no near neighbors and no strays to bother ours. For anyone remembering, we hand raised 5 kittens last year, 4 of which made it to adulthood and are extra spoiled rotten. One met an untimely death at 6 weeks, or so.

Cats make us all smile and go all warm and fuzzy inside!

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m so happy because we talked to the vet tech caring for Lucca and he’s doing great! He took all the activated charcoal without a fuss (not surprised at that, he eats anything!) and his kidney stats are normal! He’s very chatty (her words) and a staff favorite because he’s so easy going. If his next kidney draw is still good he’ll come home tomorrow, late afternoon 😊. I guess it’s a good lesson learned; make sure ANY plant or flowers aren’t toxic to our beloved furballs 🐱🐱💕
5706FC2F-7DE5-4C71-A7FD-F106FB1CBB5D.jpeg

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m so happy because we talked to the vet tech caring for Lucca and he’s doing great! He took all the activated charcoal without a fuss (not surprised at that, he eats anything!) and his kidney stats are normal! He’s very chatty (her words) and a staff favorite because he’s so easy going. If his next kidney draw is still good he’ll come home tomorrow, late afternoon 😊. I guess it’s a good lesson learned; make sure ANY plant or flowers aren’t toxic to our beloved furballs 🐱🐱💕View attachment 331340
Wow your cat is magnificent! Glad he is recovering.

We were able to order Thai for our lunch takeout today. I was scared that they were going to be closed down like a lot of other Asian restaurants. But they aren't so we felt super happy and lucky! Yumm.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I’m so happy because we talked to the vet tech caring for Lucca and he’s doing great!
Thank you, that's fantastic news! :thumbsup: You really had me worried yesterday. I hope he comes home tomorrow too.:crossfingers:

We haven't been to a grocery store in over a week so we went today. We bought a lot of produce and, best of all, my favorite dark chocolate bars were on sale. I don't think you want to know how many I bought. :running:

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you, that's fantastic news! :thumbsup: You really had me worried yesterday. I hope he comes home tomorrow too.:crossfingers:

We haven't been to a grocery store in over a week so we went today. We bought a lot of produce and, best of all, my favorite dark chocolate bars were on sale. I don't think you want to know how many I bought. :running:
:yeah:Dark chocolate 🍫❤

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you fill with regular safflower or Golden Safflower? The Golden is different than regular white safflower. It has a thinner shell that little birds can get through, whereas the white is too tough for them. It is also more expensive, running me around $25 for ten pounds. But because it doesn’t get eaten by squirrels it also lasts much much longer and is cheaper in the long run.
I've only ever seen the regular white safflower. I'll have to do some more Googling.
Well in that case I won't tell you all what size bag of York Peppermint Patties I just added to my grocery order. ;)

I ordered Sunflower Seeds from Burpee and they shipped today. I'll have to get a picture of where I'm going to plant them. I live in a pretty flat area; but on one side of my house there is a bit of an odd slope and DH put bricks to make a planter so it's easier to mow the grass there. Hes doing some work first; but then I'm planting them there. The house is almost featureless on that side so I think it's a good spot for some nice tall sunflowers. :sunshine: Looking at the seed options; I could get some of those ones that grow 10-15 feet tall and plant them along our fence line for some privacy. I was thinking of putting corn there but I read it does best planted in blocks for fertilization.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Jemima Lucca Jemima Lucca He is sooo gorgeous! I'm so glad he is on the mend!!

It was a beautiful day here yesterday and I got to view some eye candy! The guy who owns
the house next door is going to start renovating it and may buy the other properties close
by. I met him 3 years ago but I don't know, there was something about him yesterday that
rang my bell. He and his wife will eventually move into the house next door. Why do men
look soo good with gray hair?? I'm been hiding mine with barrettes, clips and braids, hee, hee
Warm temps today but humid. Pain levels are high so I'll take it easy. Maybe watch a movie
or read

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jemima Lucca Jemima Lucca He is sooo gorgeous! I'm so glad he is on the mend!!

It was a beautiful day here yesterday and I got to view some eye candy! The guy who owns
the house next door is going to start renovating it and may buy the other properties close
by. I met him 3 years ago but I don't know, there was something about him yesterday that
rang my bell. He and his wife will eventually move into the house next door. Why do men
look soo good with gray hair?? I'm been hiding mine with barrettes, clips and braids, hee, hee
Warm temps today but humid. Pain levels are high so I'll take it easy. Maybe watch a movie
or read
Hey! Never heard anyone else use the term eye candy! I've been using it for probably 20 years. How neat! When did you start using it?

Enjoy your eye candy.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww. What do you think he is thinking? What kind of exercising do you normally do?
I was doing an hour of stretching exercises every night for my sore right leg. But it just upsets Demi so much, that I stopped doing them. I don't know if it scares him or if he just wants my attention. :dunno:

Lucca and he’s doing great!
Oh, he's lovely! 😍 I can't have any plants/flowers around because Demi & Maggie will eat them. Demi even tried to eat the stem off a tomato the other day, which I read is toxic?

It was a beautiful day here yesterday and I got to view some eye candy!
Paul Newman was eye candy until the day he died, in his 80s! I love older men, even though I don't have as much in common with them.

My positive for today is that I ordered a bottle of French Vanilla Syrup from Sam's Club. I want to see if this makes better cappuccino than the powder. I have to use so much of the powder to get any flavor, 1/4 cup, and that seems like a lot of sugar. With the syrup I would only have to use 1 or 2 TB I think. So we'll see. I also ordered a 48oz canister of French Vanilla Cappuccino powder, in case I don't like the syrup.

Status
Not open for further replies.