The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The sheep get sheared, both the old fashioned hand clipper way and the more modern electric clipper way. There's also crafters selling their wares, lots of fiber arts and demos, old military re-enactments, food, kids' activities, music, etc. The sheep herding demo is popular.

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sorry. It seems so unfair.
It does, and it is. We lost Phillip 2 weeks before everything closed down, too, so it's been hell, really. But on the trend of the thread: at least we're still alive, and have a home we can decorate and arn't struggling for the time being, and have Elizabeth and Percy to keep us going! Life's a shitter sometimes, but it could always be worse.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, second time I posted in the wrong thread this week, haha, meant to put this in the what's on your mind thread. Well, hopefully this makes people feel positive!

My positive: those pictures I just posted and completed my 8+ page financial paper and slideshow presentation today that is due tomorrow.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We lost Phillip 2 weeks before everything closed down, too, so it's been hell, really. But on the trend of the thread: at least we're still alive, and have a home we can decorate and arn't struggling for the time being, and have Elizabeth and Percy to keep us going!
Triple sorry - losing your job, cancelling your wedding and losing Phillip all in a short time span. :frown: :sniffle: :sigh: But you put things in perspective, i.e. you're well, have shelter and companionship.👍

It seemed like every house in the neighborhood was taking advantage of the nice weather today. I put two new bird houses in our yard. I love finding unique bird houses and displaying them outside. 🏠

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
No rain today and yesterday I was able to concentrate on reading a bit. It's been hard for me to focus on reading
since you know what. I must remember to take it one day at a time but's difficult since I haven't seen anyone since
the 27th of February, other than Caylee, my landlord and my brother-in-law when he drops food off. My nephew
Ryan dropped it off last night with and had his chin in the collar of his coat. Nicole won't allow me to be at her house
because of Caylee working at a senior's apartment complex. Her doc said it was not a good idea, yet she has Grayson,
who goes to day care some days, her son David, his girlfriend Sophia, her infant daughter, 7 weeks old, and Ryan.
Sophia is only 21 years old and Nicole told me she only had one friend visiting. Yeah, right..... David, Ryan and Larry
are on call. When I told my case manager this she was appalled, said having all those people there is risky for Nicole.
I feel like the family outcast. Enough negativity

I have darling Cal making cooing sounds and the birds are having a concert.

EYE CANDY FOR THE DAY:
Chris Carrabba from Dashboard Confessional
1587980061866.png

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It does, and it is. We lost Phillip 2 weeks before everything closed down, too, so it's been hell, really. But on the trend of the thread: at least we're still alive, and have a home we can decorate and arn't struggling for the time being, and have Elizabeth and Percy to keep us going! Life's a shitter sometimes, but it could always be worse.
I'm very sorry about Phillip. and you're right,life is a shitter sometimes :hugs: :hearthrob::redheartpump:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is that I thought I injured myself dancing around the room. I was doing these jumping dance moves. Pretty stupid after having stomach surgery! I was in pain and had a constant urge to pee, but there was no pee in there. It lasted several hours, but I'm perfectly fine now, it went away. I wonder what I did? Jammed my bladder by jumping? I'll never do those dance moves again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
When I brought Abby to the vet on Thursday she had gained weight.

Also, we put in new doors and storm doors last year. We had put a full length storm door on the front door. I opened it up for her the other day when the sun was out and she was really enjoying it -

IMG_1576.JPG

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My niece's adoption took place and we got to watch. It was very nicely done. The judge was "there" in his robe and everything. I did not cry; but it was close a few times. 😅

I got garden stuff this weekend at an outdoor garden center. It wasn't crowded at all and the people who were there were generous in their social distancing. My kids red wagon is full of plants right now. The weather is icky at the moment; but soon I'll have color to look at outside and that sure does a lot for my mood!

Also we only have 4 weeks of school left! Which means we have a lot to do so I need to get off here. :lol:

The sheep get sheared, both the old fashioned hand clipper way and the more modern electric clipper way. There's also crafters selling their wares, lots of fiber arts and demos, old military re-enactments, food, kids' activities, music, etc. The sheep herding demo is popular.
My mother would be in heaven. Sheep have always been her favorite thing! :sheep:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm more of a goat person. The herding demo usually includes goats. Some of the fiber arts crafters bring alpacas for kids to pet. Pictures from 2 years ago:

20180428_123629~2[1].jpg

20180428_124637_HDR~2[1].jpg

20180428_121512_HDR~2[1].jpg

I think I can get my work done today. That's a positive I guess. Mondays tend to be busy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.