The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
There are two free goats near us. I want them so badly, but because we are in village limits, we cannot have them. I am pretty sad about it. I have always wanted goats!

My positive things for the day: I made a medicine cabinet and my husband ordered a new kitchen pantry cabinet for me. I should be able to put all the things I use the most in it, which will save me from hurting myself on my stool or getting stuck on the floor digging in my bottom corner cabinet.

Here is my medicine cabinet. It is bigger than I expected it to be, even though I am the one who made it and measured everything! Please, ignore the mess! We just hung up the cabinet and the walls are plaster and lath. It was pretty messy.
Wowza, you made that? It's amazing!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
My duck pair having a snooze in the front yard. I snuck by them when I went on my walk and they were still there when I returned. Wifey is awake but the husband is out.View attachment 332091
Awww.....they're adorable!!

Had lunch from McDonald's yesterday. The fries were so hot I almost burned my fingers and they were
delicious, also a McDouble. May have the same thing today, ha! 🍔🍟

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You ever just get the feeling you are exactly where you're supposed to be?
No! But hopefully someday... 🏡💰🦷

I have always wanted goats!
I love feeding goats at the petting zoo. But I realized that when I feed Demi & Maggie treats by hand, it's kinda similar. Their mouths feel the same on my hand. So cute. 🐐🐈

My positive for today is I ordered a 2 pound bag of French Vanilla Cappuccino from a restaurant supply website. Maybe this is the brand Sunoco uses? I hope so! I will find their supplier if it's the last thing I do. ☕

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wowza, you made that? It's amazing!
Thank you! The inside of the door is ugly because I could only find a piece of a whiteboard for it and had to cut it down to fit. I do not own any real woodworking tools, other than a variety of hand saws and a circular saw, so cutting it was challenging. Once I find some peel and stick wallpaper that I like, I may put it over the back of the door to cover the uneven edges.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! The inside of the door is ugly because I could only find a piece of a whiteboard for it and had to cut it down to fit. I do not own any real woodworking tools, other than a variety of hand saws and a circular saw, so cutting it was challenging. Once I find some peel and stick wallpaper that I like, I may put it over the back of the door to cover the uneven edges.
You may be able to find wood laminate that is paper thin, can be cut with an Xacto knife and sticks on with construction glue. I built a cabinet around my laundry chute and used this material to line the metal chute so that it blended in with the cabinet. It was very easy to work with and has stayed on for ten years.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may be able to find wood laminate that is paper thin, can be cut with an Xacto knife and sticks on with construction glue. I built a cabinet around my laundry chute and used this material to line the metal chute so that it blended in with the cabinet. It was very easy to work with and has stayed on for ten years.
Thanks for the tip!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Rain yesterday am, then sun came out. Rain all day today but that means the dreadful kids across
the street won't be out, hee, hee. They are soo loud!! They do this high-pitch screaming that drives
me up a wall and the moms just sit there and let them do it:livid:. I see no social distancing or masks.
I finally opened up the storm door and looked out. I didn't say anything but wanted to. After that they
all went into their apartments, so with the rain today they won't be out:cheerleader::yess:. If I would've had a car
and Cal wasn't so needy, I would've checked into a hotel for the night. It's getting to be too much for me
to handle. Staying in a hotel for a night was something I was going to do with some of the stimulus
money because I so badly need quiet and rest but I just can't leave Cal and taking her would cause
her too much stress.

Received my stimulus money. Felt so good to pay off bills and buy a new vacuum. I spent so much
money in March and April on items needed for sanitizing. I treated myself to a new patio umbrella.
It's hunter green. I couldn't afford a new one last year and the one I had for 2 years before that blew
out of the base during a storm and was destroyed, The one I used last summer was from my helper
whose parents gave to her, it was from the 70s, and had huge holes in it, ha!!

So I'm all set for summer. Other than a new deck chair I'm ok. Will need some lighweight cotton pants,
wbs', tanks, a few long sundresses.

Bring on the rain!! ⛈🌂

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am now officially a tomato sauce hoarder! If you can't find any in stores, it's because I have it all here! :thumbsup:
I guess that's better than a toilet paper hoarder. :lol:

My positive is I'm staying home all day, no stores and no walks.:nono: I went to two grocery stores yesterday so have supplies for awhile and the weather is awful, i.e. rain and wind advisory. I have a migraine from it but I also have a fresh supply of my favorite coffee and, of course, my favorite cat to keep me company.:catlove:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rain yesterday am, then sun came out. Rain all day today but that means the dreadful kids across
the street won't be out, hee, hee. They are soo loud!! They do this high-pitch screaming that drives
me up a wall and the moms just sit there and let them do it:livid:. I see no social distancing or masks.
I finally opened up the storm door and looked out. I didn't say anything but wanted to. After that they
all went into their apartments, so with the rain today they won't be out:cheerleader::yess:. If I would've had a car
and Cal wasn't so needy, I would've checked into a hotel for the night. It's getting to be too much for me
to handle. Staying in a hotel for a night was something I was going to do with some of the stimulus
money because I so badly need quiet and rest but I just can't leave Cal and taking her would cause
her too much stress.

Received my stimulus money. Felt so good to pay off bills and buy a new vacuum. I spent so much
money in March and April on items needed for sanitizing. I treated myself to a new patio umbrella.
It's hunter green. I couldn't afford a new one last year and the one I had for 2 years before that blew
out of the base during a storm and was destroyed, The one I used last summer was from my helper
whose parents gave to her, it was from the 70s, and had huge holes in it, ha!!

So I'm all set for summer. Other than a new deck chair I'm ok. Will need some lighweight cotton pants,
wbs', tanks, a few long sundresses.

Bring on the rain!! ⛈🌂
hahaha you are so funny about the kids! I hate it too, that the parents just let them annoy with the noise and don't teach them to be respectful enough of others to wear masks. I've got a bunch of about 5 of them that keep visiting me lately when I'm trying to watch the sunsets. I think they are adorable sometimes but goodness gracious I so wish they'd let me watch it without their asking me so many questions. I tell them they should be planning on what they are going to dream about but I have not found a great way (yet) to get them to leave me be and go back to their own yards.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a grocery run today and snagged a 12 pack of tp, and a pint of ice cream.

And then we ordered Jet's pizza for dinner which is the first time we've ordered take out since the closures started, and it was yummy.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a grocery run today and snagged a 12 pack of tp, and a pint of ice cream.

And then we ordered Jet's pizza for dinner which is the first time we've ordered take out since the closures started, and it was yummy.
I went out at 6:00 am to do a grocery run this morning too. Paper towels and toilet paper were in stock!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
No sprogs yesterday, yee-haw!!! Was able to rest and boy, did I need it. Cal was at one
end of the bed and I was at my end with my feet snuggled up to her sweet back, heaven
I bought a new deck chair, an Adirondack in red with a cushion. Nicole gave me her old
one about 8 years ago but one of the slats was broken. My landlord made a new one for it
and it lasted for awhile but the wood eventually rotted so I couldn't use it anymore. Then
last fall she gave me her plastic one but I never really liked it. I have 2 plastic deck chairs
but I've always wanted an Adirondack chair, maybe because we had them growing up.
I can't wait to be on the deck, reading when the weather gets warm enough. :sunshine:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And then we ordered Jet's pizza for dinner
Yum. I haven't had pizza in forever. Maybe I should make one. We have flour, tomato sauce, cheese, veggies, pineapple. 🍕

My positive is after running out of French Vanilla cappuccino for a week, I am now fully restocked. I got 48oz from Sam's Club, 16oz coming from Aldi tonight, and 32oz coming from Ebay next week. So I'm good for a while. :thumbsup:

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is that I thought I injured myself dancing around the room. I was doing these jumping dance moves. Pretty stupid after having stomach surgery! I was in pain and had a constant urge to pee, but there was no pee in there. It lasted several hours, but I'm perfectly fine now, it went away. I wonder what I did? Jammed my bladder by jumping? I'll never do those dance moves again!
We have to find joy somewhere ❤

Status
Not open for further replies.