The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don’t think I already shared this:

The lady who bought my Grandparents house a few years ago contacted my mom. She opened a cabinet in the basement and found a box of Christmas decorations! The lady next door to her has lived there since my mom was a teenager so she got the box from the lady and mailed it to my mom. It came last week sometime.

There was a fancy doll like Santa in a green robe. And some Garland decorations and odds and ends. No one knows how that got left behind and unseen all this time. But really this is the perfect year to have those things of Gram’s come back to us. She’s on the lookout for my childhood bear that went missing there too. Maybe Louie is waiting there for me still.

I also got to talk to my other Grandma briefly today. She is 102 with dementia and doesn’t talk like she used to (constantly!) so it was nice to hear her voice and wish her an early Merry Christmas. I was setting up to make pizzelles when they called and my Aunt is the pizzelle queen who coached me on it when I started. So that was also nice timing. It was just nice to hear family’s voices. Normally I text with one cousin and call my dad. So the phone call was great!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
one sharp cheddar and one port wine
Yes! Those are the only two flavors of cheese balls that Aldi has too.

I was setting up to make pizzelles
What is that, a cookie?

My positive is that I discovered a new favorite food- dried banana chips! I just love them. They were in my granola, but I see tons of other snacks that have them in it, so I know the next thing I will be collecting. :thumbsup:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is spending the day at home with nowhere to go; relaxing, cooking and baking. It was -3 F with the windchill this morning so I sat on the family room sofa under a quilt with a warm mug of coffee and, of course, Carleton on my lap. With everything going on in the world now since the pandemic sometimes we need to remember to decompress and enjoy the comfort of being with our furry four-legged friends. :catlove:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is my cappuccino order is finally in my town, so that must mean it is coming today. It has been in transit for 2 weeks! Must be the holiday shipping delaying it. I just hope it didn't bust open or rip, bulk cappuccino comes in a flimsy bag. Fingers crossed. :crossfingers:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is my cappuccino order is finally in my town, so that must mean it is coming today. It has been in transit for 2 weeks! Must be the holiday shipping delaying it. I just hope it didn't bust open or rip, bulk cappuccino comes in a flimsy bag. Fingers crossed. :crossfingers:
I'm sure it's fine, (optimistic). :thumbsup: Please let us know how you like it and if it meets your standards.

My positive is we are going to a holiday light display later. We go every year and although it's very cold today I will try to take a pic.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive.. It is Christmas... not like an other Christmas in my lifetime.. but it is Christmas...
A time for Hope!! For kindness.. for caring... for remembering why we are here on this earth.. and to appreciate what we have.. We all can find something to be positive, thankful for.

It is not the Christmas all of us would have liked to have had, but we are HERE... we have Hope... let us focus on that... and be thankful... for the true meaning of Christmas...

Ok, off my soapbox...

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that it has been flurrying on and off all day and is sticking to some stuff. I guess I get my White Christmas after all. :lol: I also got to video chat with my mom and sister today. I haven't seen my mom in a year. :ohwell:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother used to make a blue cheese ball, so good
There was a fancy doll like Santa in a green robe. And some Garland decorations and odds and ends. No one knows how that got left behind and unseen all this time. But really this is the perfect year to have those things of Gram’s come back to us. She’s on the lookout for my childhood bear that went missing there too. Maybe Louie is waiting there for me still.
Awwww..Louie, what a sweet name I hope you find him.
susanm9006 susanm9006 I guess you're mother o more critters
M maggiedemi mags I hope the cappuccino arrives soon

We got hit by a winter storm, not certain how many inches but I live on a secondary road and it's almost 4:00pm
the roads haven't been touched yet. It sounds so quiet, no traffic. I had a nice nap with Big Cal.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive.. It is Christmas... not like an other Christmas in my lifetime.. but it is Christmas...
A time for Hope!! For kindness.. for caring... for remembering why we are here on this earth.. and to appreciate what we have.. We all can find something to be positive, thankful for.

It is not the Christmas all of us would have liked to have had, but we are HERE... we have Hope... let us focus on that... and be thankful... for the true meaning of Christmas...

Ok, off my soapbox...
Amen to that!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this should probably go in my other thread and I'll most likely get my hand slapped but I'm so proud after spending all day in the frigid cold and this one plopped under my feet fixing this tent per help from my local feral society. She's nice and warm now. She's sweet and lovable but she plops where you have to straddle her to do anything. haha

1608932963687.png

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww..Louie, what a sweet name I hope you find him.
I’m holding on to hope!

It flurried here but didn’t stick. I’m still calling it a white Christmas. Its close enough for me! :lol2:

We had a nice day. DD put together her first lasagna and it was delicious. I made the sauce today. Last night we had a small semi-international dinner with different dishes from our backgrounds. My dad text me the recipe for my Grandma’s Baccala and it turned out great! So Christmas may have been different here; but it was still good.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DD put together her first lasagna and it was delicious.
That sounds exciting! I love lasagna.

My positive is, I forgot that yesterday was Xmas, no mail. So my cappuccino will be coming today, along with our Aldi order! I'll post what I got tomorrow, since you never know what is in stock and what substitutes I will get. Maybe it will come earlier since it's Saturday instead of Friday delivery. Usually it comes after dinner around 7pm. :crossfingers:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sparkle's vet follow up was about an hour ago, amd the sedative or whatever they gave me worked, and she let them look in her mouth and her extractions are healing nicely!

And I'm so glad to be done with vet visits for now.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sparkle's vet follow up was about an hour ago, amd the sedative or whatever they gave me worked, and she let them look in her mouth and her extractions are healing nicely!And I'm so glad to be done with vet visits for now.
It's a good thing you took care of Sparkle's vet visit since you never know when Bebe will decide to make an appearance. 😚

My positive is I went to shop at some of the small businesses for part of my daughter's birthday gift. I feel they need the most support and I found not one but two gifts for her. 🎁

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a good thing you took care of Sparkle's vet visit since you never know when Bebe will decide to make an appearance. 😚

My positive is I went to shop at some of the small businesses for part of my daughter's birthday gift. I feel they need the most support and I found not one but two gifts for her. 🎁
It was cutting it close! I tried to get everything scheduled earlier when I learned she needed the dental, but they were backed up with patients and these were the earliest slots they had, so it was a lot of crossing fingers we'd be able to get everything in, because we knew it would be harder once Bebe was here.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH jokingly asked if I wanted to sleep in till noon today and I nearly did! Once I got up I found him steam mopping the kitchen. Hes a keeper!! Then I took a long nap on the couch. I guess all the Christmas business caught up with me! At least my kids have plenty to keep them busy
What is that, a cookie?
Yes. Its a flat, thin circle made in something similar to a waffle iron and dusted with powdered sugar. I’ve seen people roll them while still hot to be a cannoli shell. Or put over a muffin tin to make like a waffle cone ice cream bowl.
7DA758A7-7372-404D-AE70-5943410973A8.jpeg

That one was iff center when I filled the iron but you get the idea. Even the less pretty ones taste good right?
That sounds exciting! I love lasagna.
She did really great! I had told my mother to go simple and do an “unstuffed” one in the crockpot again if she wanted. Mom cooked a ton for Christmas Eve too. And made a small lasagna for a coworker. Plus cake orders. Thankfully she cooks and bakes with DD so often that once she gave her instructions on the lasagna DD just went to town. They had it together ahead of time and I brought it home to bake Christmas Day. It was really good and according to DS; you couldn’t even taste the spinach :flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.