The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is a frosted coffee?

My positive is today is my bday. I'm not going anywhere, just trying to enjoy all my favorite things as best I can: coffee, cappuccino, granola, music, cats. Wish I could use the washing machine on my bday, but she's never going to budge on that. Might as well try to make plans to leave here this coming year. That would be a definite positive, to never have to see her face again. 👍
:bday:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oldest son's boss who owns one of the most popular restaurants in our county called me to get the recipe for what I made last night. Son must have told him about it and the boss thought it sounded so good he wanted the recipe. :yess: BBQ bacon cheddar stuffed pork chops for the win!!!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

My positive is today is my bday. I'm not going anywhere, just trying to enjoy all my favorite things as best I can: coffee, cappuccino, granola, music, cats. Wish I could use the washing machine on my bday, but she's never going to budge on that. Might as well try to make plans to leave here this coming year. That would be a definite positive, to never have to see her face again. 👍
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :party2:

Yes, I think we are all wishing for you to leave ASAP.....

BTW, I thought your new social worker had 'solved' the washing machine situation? Thought you had free access to it? I know it is your birthday, and you do not want any drama... so perhaps tomorrow, just do your own wash... You have to stand up to the bully, in order for them to back down... It is hard to do, but you really have to.... What is she going to do? Throw you out? and your cats?

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mother is arriving tomorrow and staying for a while.
I don’t live close to family and either does the hubby. It’s just us and our pets, so we always cherish the time we can spend with our family from either side when the opportunity comes.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought your new social worker had 'solved' the washing machine situation? Thought you had free access to it?
No, my social worker wants me to sign up for temporary assistance, so I can go to the laundromat. There is no way she will ever let me use that washing machine. She will go to her grave guarding it. She's crazy. She piles things on top of it and stands in front of it and screams. I would have to physically assault her to move her, which of course I can't do.

My positive is Demi is so cute! He waits for me to get my evening coffee and then brings me over to his blankie. We cuddle while he sucks on his blankie and kneads up and down. It's so cute how he can tell time and has his little routines. :cloud9:

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Happy Birthday!!! be sure to leave and don't look back ... how do you wash without a washing machine?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is one day down and only two more to go!!

Side note... I called my husband to wake him up for work. I sent him a text saying that our youngest didn't need to be up by 7:30 because Wednesdays were a "free" day to catch up on assignments.

Him: But today is Thursday.
Me: Nope, Wednesday
Him: I hate you.

:lol: I also hate when you think the weekend is closer than it really is.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday!!! be sure to leave and don't look back ... how do you wash without a washing machine?
Thank you! She won't let me use the washing machine. I have to beg her to wash my clothes and sheets. She doesn't believe that blankets need to be washed, so I had to sneak and wash them when she left. But she never leaves now because of the Corona Virus! So I'll have to go to the laundromat.

Him: I hate you.
Hee hee. That was hilarious. :lol:

My positive is I finally finished up the Gevalia French Roast coffee. Tomorrow I am opening up Cafe Bustelo Espresso! Can't wait to try it. ☕

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you! She won't let me use the washing machine. I have to beg her to wash my clothes and sheets. She doesn't believe that blankets need to be washed, so I had to sneak and wash them when she left. But she never leaves now because of the Corona Virus! So I'll have to go to the laundromat.

Hee hee. That was hilarious. :lol:

My positive is I finally finished up the Gevalia French Roast coffee. Tomorrow I am opening up Cafe Bustelo Espresso! Can't wait to try it. ☕
does she want you to wear dirty clothes? ... or is she just trying to get rid of you? ... very similar to the second option ...

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
the neighbor's cat Kate is sitting on the tree again, and our cats Stefan and Mystique again persuade her to come down :) if she cannot, they will rise to help her :)
How sweet of Stefan and Mystique to help Kate come down from tree!! You and Nicky raised very thoughtful kitties!

It's been a rough week. I fell yesterday because I tripped on my quilt that I was taking down to the laundry room
It was a wake-up call to me and anyone else who lives alone to always wear your response button or have your
phone with you at all times. My right shoulder is bruised and swollen and my butt is very sore, but I'll survive, ha!!
My Ginger Gang is good. I think Little Chrissie is the son of Conrad, the biggest of them as their faces are so similar.
Connie and the other 3 are feral, Chrissie wants to be but I think I've won him over. He lets me pet him. The other
3 won't eat if I'm on the deck although Connie did the morning after we had storms. I guess he was more hungry
than afraid. I didn't look at him while he ate and he scarfed down the entire bowl.

I read a lot of you like Henley shirts. I like long sleeved or quarter-length shirts in all cotton with a bit of span, V necked
or sweetheart necked. Can't have anything on my neck although I do wear a warm cotton scarf loosely tied around
the house in the winter.

The weather will be unfortunate the next few days but I looked ahead to Tuesday and I read temps barely reaching
70 for highs, low humidity, and sun, perfect!!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a rough week. I fell yesterday because I tripped on my quilt that I was taking down to the laundry room
It was a wake-up call to me and anyone else who lives alone to always wear your response button or have your
phone with you at all times. My right shoulder is bruised and swollen and my butt is very sore, but I'll survive, ha!!
My Ginger Gang is good. I think Little Chrissie is the son of Conrad, the biggest of them as their faces are so similar.
Connie and the other 3 are feral, Chrissie wants to be but I think I've won him over. He lets me pet him. The other
3 won't eat if I'm on the deck although Connie did the morning after we had storms. I guess he was more hungry
than afraid. I didn't look at him while he ate and he scarfed down the entire bowl.

The weather will be unfortunate the next few days but I looked ahead to Tuesday and I read temps barely reaching
70 for highs, low humidity, and sun, perfect!!
Mia, Please be careful! I know exactly how you fell. I have done that myself.. a couple of times. It hurts so badly! Injuries from falls can be very bad for us seniors. Not that we can just brush them off..

Take care of them. Either ice or use a heating pad. I usually ice things, except for my back.
~~~~~~~~
Awwww...these kitties sound so cute...Do you think you can take Chrissy in> Will Cal accept him? I have a soft spot for orange babies. All my kitties have been orange or buff colored: Pumpkin, Artie and now Geoffrey. I vaguely remember my early childhood kitty: BoBo.. She was a regular dark brown tabby, and so gentle to me. She loved me... I even dressed her up in doll clothes and put her in my doll carriage, wheeling her around.

I guess kitties are in my life!!
~~~~~~~
Positive note:
Last night, I was stretched out on the recliner, watching TV. The recliner is next to the sofa. Geoffrey jumped on the sofa, and very hesitantly, walked over and lied down on my LAP! And I am not sick!!
He was not playing nurse! He did it on his own!! and he was purring! He actually curled up.. He was frightened at first, and jumped at any sudden change in light or loud noise from the RV, but he stayed there! I was afraid to touch him!

I stayed so still.. afraid to move... He stayed with me for 3 hours!! OMG....even jumping down once for a second, but returning to my lap! And he was kneeing!! OMG>>>

It has been over 16 months since I had a kitty on my lap!! ---While not being sick... I was so happy. I told him he was a good boy... my love...
I do not know wha got into him.. but I loved it.. OMG... I even dozed off while he was lying there!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's been a rough week. I fell yesterday because I tripped on my quilt that I was taking down to the laundry room.
You have my sincere empathy and it could happen to anyone of us, i.e. you don't necessarily have to be older to have an accident. I hope you give yourself plenty of TLC and take time with Cal to cuddle. :lovecat3:

He stayed with me for 3 hours!! OMG....even jumping down once for a second, but returning to my lap! And he was kneeing!!
Geoffrey is smitten and showing his affection for you. :catlove: I hope he makes it a regular habit.

I think the storms and rain are at the tail end and next week is supposed to be bright and sunny. :sunshine: Carleton will be happy when I can open the patio door for him to look outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.