The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I have someone coming out on Tuesday evening to give us an estimate to convert of tub and shower combo into a walk-in shower! I do not know when we will get it done; however, I am pretty excited that we are doing it at some point because getting in and out of the tub to take a shower is dangerous for me. Besides, our tub has had a stress divot in it since we bought the house that will eventually become a crack. With my luck, I will be the one who is standing in it when it does!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I have someone coming out on Tuesday evening to give us an estimate to convert of tub and shower combo into a walk-in shower! I do not know when we will get it done; however, I am pretty excited that we are doing it at some point because getting in and out of the tub to take a shower is dangerous for me. Besides, our tub has had a stress divot in it since we bought the house that will eventually become a crack. With my luck, I will be the one who is standing in it when it does!
Great! You would love it. I have one bathroom with a tub/shower combo and another with just a walk in. The walk in is just a bit smaller than a tub area would be but feels much roomier. And I love that I can bring a stool into it if I need to sit down.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we do not like anything without a collar and sleeves
Crewneck is my favorite collar. V-neck and Turtleneck are good too. I don't like Scoop Neck because my underwear shows. The pointed collar of flannel is okay, but not my favorite.

I, personally, don't wear shirts with buttons, so I can say they're not a staple in my closet!
You can get a ribbed shirt without buttons, I have several. Not sure if they are Henley, I just search for rib & ribbed.

estimate to convert of tub and shower combo into a walk-in shower!
That's wonderful! I love remodeled showers.

My positive is that I'm wearing my other new shirt. It looks like a long sleeved T-shirt. The color is Chestnut brown. I really like it! I'm glad to have something warm on, it's so cold here lately.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Crewneck is my favorite collar. V-neck and Turtleneck are good too. I don't like Scoop Neck because my underwear shows. The pointed collar of flannel is okay, but not my favorite.

You can get a ribbed shirt without buttons, I have several. Not sure if they are Henley, I just search for rib & ribbed.

That's wonderful! I love remodeled showers.

My positive is that I'm wearing my other new shirt. It looks like a long sleeved T-shirt. The color is Chestnut brown. I really like it! I'm glad to have something warm on, it's so cold here lately.
most of all we love turtlenecks :)

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cant wear them! Or even crew necks. I hate the feel of something around my throat 😬. And no buttons either - they just do not work when the ahh chest area doesn’t fit the smaller size of the rest of body.
but they are elastic :) I'm talking about cotton jersey :) flannel and fleece, of course, need fasteners, but not buttons, but zippers :) and a larger size :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Henley shirts are probably a staple in everyone's closet. ;) I know they are in mine and I keep them forever.
My husband and son both have them. DH preffers hoodies over tshirts; but they are nice for cold weather. I was wondering if they are more popular in colder regions.
That will be great!! My in-laws had a garden size tub/shower with steps up to it when they bought their house. A few years later my husband’s grandmother moved in after breaking her hip. MIL and FIL weren’t getting any younger either; so they had it converted to a walk in. It’s gigantic!! The only thing I would have done differently is adding more shower heads or something. :cloud9: :lol: I have heard if a shower is too big it can be drafty. But they love it! It had plenty of room for Grandma’s shower chair and MIL to help her. Plus no more dangerous steps!
most of all we love turtlenecks :)
I have nightmare flashbacks of my mother yanking and yanking turtlenecks over my head and then back off when I was a kid. :cringe::disturbed: They still don’t fit my big head well. Plus I don’t need to give my double chin any attention. My mother always says “But they kept you warm!”:crazy: I don’t recall being cold in other shirts. But we need some excuse for bad 80s fashion. Turtlenecks, corduroy pants and sneakers that show all dirt. 🤪:flail:

I do love a cozy flannel shirt though! I layer and don’t button it all the way up.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and son both have them. DH preffers hoodies over tshirts; but they are nice for cold weather. I was wondering if they are more popular in colder regions.
That will be great!! My in-laws had a garden size tub/shower with steps up to it when they bought their house. A few years later my husband’s grandmother moved in after breaking her hip. MIL and FIL weren’t getting any younger either; so they had it converted to a walk in. It’s gigantic!! The only thing I would have done differently is adding more shower heads or something. :cloud9: :lol: I have heard if a shower is too big it can be drafty. But they love it! It had plenty of room for Grandma’s shower chair and MIL to help her. Plus no more dangerous steps!

I have nightmare flashbacks of my mother yanking and yanking turtlenecks over my head and then back off when I was a kid. :cringe::disturbed: They still don’t fit my big head well. Plus I don’t need to give my double chin any attention. My mother always says “But they kept you warm!”:crazy: I don’t recall being cold in other shirts. But we need some excuse for bad 80s fashion. Turtlenecks, corduroy pants and sneakers that show all dirt. 🤪:flail:

I do love a cozy flannel shirt though! I layer and don’t button it all the way up.

I am certainly excited not to have to step over the tub anymore!

As for turtlenecks, I am a huge fan of them. I do not know why I like wearing them so much, but I do!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
All this talk about clothes we like, or don’t, makes me think about the coming week, with our plummeting temps. Highs only in the fifties and lows down to 42. That is long sleeves, blue jeans and socks weather, and I love it.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Woo, hoo! Contractor came back with a good price for basement project and will be starting September 16! It will take three or four days for them to take out the existing basement door and storm door, fill the opening with concrete block, tear out all the concrete on the stair portion then fill in the hole with dirt. I am just so excited to get this done.

This is a view of the very steep, dangerous and crumbling stairs going down to the basement. I have it fenced off at the top right now so I don’t slip and fall down them. There is a sump pump at the bottom because when it rains or there is a heavy snowfall it fills up with water.

FC814779-025F-452F-B5B4-E7E314B63FA5.jpeg

Last edited:

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Woo, hoo! Contractor came back with a good price for basement project and will be starting September 16! It will take three or four days for them to take out the existing basement door and storm door, fill the opening with concrete block, tear out all the concrete on the stair portion then fill in the hole with dirt. I am just so excited to get this done.

This is a view of the very steep, dangerous and crumbling stairs going down to the basement. I have it fenced off at the top right now so I don’t slip and fall down them. There is a sump pump at the bottom because when it rains or there is a heavy snowfall it fills up with water.

View attachment 350086
this staircase is just awful ... we would immediately destroy it ...

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have felt that way for the sixteen years I have lived with it but upstairs projects always took precedent. I have to make one last trip down those steps to disassemble the sump pump and then never again.
what will happen on the site of the former staircase? :) a flower bed? :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
what will happen on the site of the former staircase? :) a flower bed? :)
I don’t know exactly yet. I am having it filled with black dirt so that I have that option. The section to the left of it is where the air conditioner and hose sit. So maybe a combo of brickwork and some bushes. Pretty much anything will look better than this staircase.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The weather turned mild with a lovely breeze in the afternoon so I walked on a trail adjacent to a tall grass prairie. In the midst of the pandemic it made me appreciate how truly wonderful nature can be. 🌿

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we got frosted coffees
What is a frosted coffee?

My positive is today is my bday. I'm not going anywhere, just trying to enjoy all my favorite things as best I can: coffee, cappuccino, granola, music, cats. Wish I could use the washing machine on my bday, but she's never going to budge on that. Might as well try to make plans to leave here this coming year. That would be a definite positive, to never have to see her face again. 👍

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
What is a frosted coffee?

My positive is today is my bday. I'm not going anywhere, just trying to enjoy all my favorite things as best I can: coffee, cappuccino, granola, music, cats. Wish I could use the washing machine on my bday, but she's never going to budge on that. Might as well try to make plans to leave here this coming year. That would be a definite positive, to never have to see her face again. 👍
Happy Birthday. Yes, the best gift you could give yourself is to move out. Change is hard and scary but so worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.