The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I got my long-sleeve dusty jade shirt. I don't think it's really jade. It ended up being a mint color, like mint chip ice cream, so I love it! It's a ribbed henley shirt, which seems to be my style. :thumbsup:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I am pretty excited this morning. I just had a contractor out to give me an estimate for removing the door I have in the basement that goes outside. It isn’t needed, it lets bugs in and leaks and it has a steep narrow set of concrete outdoors steps that leads up to ground level. I hate, hate, hate having to go down them to clean leaves and debris that falls down the steps and it is the #1 spot that someone could hide and break into the house. Removing the stairs and door has been on the project list since I moved in sixteen years ago and has finally reached the top. Unless the estimate is totally unreasonable I am going with it!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are comfy and casual; but a little nicer than a plain shirt.
Yes, I love the ribbed shirts that have a different texture, they just look a bit fancier and cozier.

My positive is I got this wonderful Turano Panini bread in our Aldi order. It is huge and will make great sandwiches. Italian bread is usually small, so I'm excited to try this.
1599305648814.png

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a rare "unicorn moment " as I call them. My 19 year son came into my room and talked to me... willingly!! :yess: If you have teenage sons, you will understand. My 16 year old never does that and will only grunt or say a few words in my general direction most of the time. :disappointed:

Also, I got all my Saturday cleaning done so changing out loads of laundry and remaking beds are all that is needed to do.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a rare "unicorn moment " as I call them. My 19 year son came into my room and talked to me... willingly!! :yess: If you have teenage sons, you will understand. My 16 year old never does that and will only grunt or say a few words in my general direction most of the time. :disappointed:

Also, I got all my Saturday cleaning done so changing out loads of laundry and remaking beds are all that is needed to do.
Congrats! You dont think it’s going to happen but they do actually grow up some In their late teens.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
While going through a box late last night I found the topper from my wedding cake. Its a red Lennox rose. The tiara I wore and our unity candle (a friend had it made for me) and my garter were already in my china cabinet; so I put it with those.

Also I have now sold almost all our baby furniture I’ve been hanging on to. And I didn’t get emotional at all! We have one crib and a bunch of toys left. I bet the crib will go soon.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! You dont think it’s going to happen but they do actually grow up some In their late teens.
He has been a Daddy's Boy since he was little because he liked cars and Daddy has a lot of cars. Plus most things are not suitable for Mom's ears but are for Dad's ears.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 19 year son came into my room and talked to me... willingly!!
My cousin told me that her teenage son walked into the room and asked "Want to have coffee & talk?" So sweet!

My positive is the church just delivered us a free box of veggies: 2 ears of corn, 2 green peppers, 2 cucumbers, 4 Roma tomatoes, 1 acorn squash, 1 bag of potatoes, 1 cabbage.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a highly productive day today with perfect weather for outdoor work. I moved three wheelbarrows of rock and am about six more away from finishing the retaining wall re-rocking project that I have been picking away at all summer. And I stopped at the hardware store for the refinisher , gloves and steel wool to start my dresser refinishing project. I am just dying to start on that but before a I do I have a small area of dining room floor to sand and poly first. We are supposed to have much cooler weather coming in a few days which will be perfect to work on all of these. I just love this time of year.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve seen several signs of the season changing! We’ve had a flock of starlings. A tree just up the road has some red leaves! And now some vines that grow up the trees in the forest part of my street are turning yellow and orange!

It feels early for that! The Weather Channel said a warm fall for us I think. So I don’t know what to make of it. But soon I can switch my flowers to mums!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
So beautiful yesterday!! I've been having a flare up of my condition and was not able to wash my hair
or have Kaylee do it. On Friday morning she drove me to the hair salon that leases a space in Walmart.
I was just going to have it shampooed, ended having it cut and blow dried as well. I love it!! It's cut to
just below my ears in an angled bob with the back clipped and feathered.The sides in front are angled
below my chin.I looked in the mirror and said Wowza!! Not to boast but I look ten years younger, ha!!

Flare is still here but I managed to sit out for a bit yesterday and read. The gang came. Chrissie is looking
good. He ate an entire can of wet food, 6 ounces and a bit of dry. Connie came and sat on the deck steps
and let him eat, sweet boy.

Another beauty of a day today. Below 80, low humidity and sunny.

M maggiedemi Your new shirt sounds so pretty!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
i did not know they still made henley shirts.they were popular back in the sixty's and i loved them.
I think Henley shirts are probably a staple in everyone's closet. ;) I know they are in mine and I keep them forever.

Rainy day here with lightning and thunderstorms that woke me up early but it's nice to lounge on the sofa with a good book and furry cat to curl up in my lap. :lovecat3:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I, personally, don't wear shirts with buttons, so I can say they're not a staple in my closet!

We decided to take a relaxing weekend visiting the in laws. My husband is out fishing and I'm just chilling. We can stay in their basement and hang out on the porch and still be safe, and it's nice to get away.

Status
Not open for further replies.