The Never Ending Pregnancy, What To Expect!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Julieghoulie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a question. Julia is acting aggressive toward everyone but me. When I come in, she gives me little chirps and just wants me to pet her. I went in to check on her before we ran into town. She and the babies are in an extra large travel carrier. She bolted out, ran up to me and rubbed all over me while meowing, then ran back into the carrier and would growl, then run back out and came back to me to be pet and meow. She did this back and forth five or six times and I didn’t want her to get more worked up so I left the room. She almost acted like she wanted me to come to the carrier with her because she kept looking back like, “come on!” But then when she was in the carrier she’d growl. I don’t want to freak her out but she seems like she wants me there.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is proud of her kittens and wants you to make a little fuss over them and her.

She should also calm down a little more in the coming days. Hormone levels are still very high the first 48 hours or so after giving birth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Julieghoulie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! She’s settling down now. Happy to see me and wants love, even in her nest, but not psyched on me touching the babies so I’ll give that a couple of days. All five babies are fat and healthy and she’s nursing them every time they make a squeak so I’m not worried about their weights. Little gray is my personal favorite, but the orange is a moose, haha.