The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@tarasgrl106 I stand corrected! Lol I should have said, Big cat carrying pockets! I can attest to the fact that if you bring in lots of cats they take everything out of your pockets when you pull them out. :lol: As for your talent, no question about that. I have seen it. People would pay for what you do! You could crowd the cats in your pockets with what people would pay! Seriously. This is something I have some background in and if you doubt it then, please, trust what I am saying. I bet others here will back me up on this.
Thank you for the blessing. It touched my heart. It means a lot coming from you. I know we share the love and compassion for the cats. It’s people like you who inspire people like me. You just keep being the great person you are. Neither of us may have much in the way of blood family around us but we have other bonds here, with each other, other cat people and our precious fur babies. That is a blessing I cherish and I hope blessings are returned to you. If I can send them, they will be coming! All pawsitive for sure!
I’ve been saving this cat hug for a special time. I send it to you. I hope it brings you a smile and that you can feel the love. Banjo and Whistle helped me with the photo.
14AE74E2-0FB9-4FCB-B9F3-7A35C1FBF612.jpeg

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat Honeybee is so gorgeous! I always love seeing her adventures.

PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws I'm sending my prayers for both of your parents, especially your mom, and for you. :grouphug2: Hoping everything works out for the best!

Tomorrow is our anniversary, so we got to relax and hang out together tonight, and eat a yummy salmon dinner. We've both been working a lot between his new job and house stuff, so it was nice to be able to have some relaxing time.
Today's surprise pawsitive is that while driving home from the store, however, I saw a free base for a pedastal sink on the side of the road! I wanted to change the sink (a basic builder-grade boring cabinet) in the half-bath, because it is waaaay to close to the toilet. If it almost touches my knees, any normal-sized adult is going to have trouble. So, I have the base...all I need to do now is order this handpainted basin:
IMG_2599.JPG

:wavey:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMC!!! tinydestroyer tinydestroyer -- PIX when done! :lolup: WOW. Can't we just imagine having that???:cloud9:
Jcatbird Jcatbird AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:loveeyes::redheartpump::redheartpump: Banjo & Whistle!!! Too adorable! *I can't hold a candle to you, my friend! But if anything I say or do helps you in your labors of love, I am truly grateful!* Funny we both have bad eyes, too. I won't go into my tales of woe with mine except to say that I'm the product of two nearsighted people who came from families with quite a few more nearsighted people...and now I have cyborg eyes. They ain't perfect, and sometimes they do ache. So I feel for ya there. For my part, I just keep on praying to be able to do whatever I can to help the cats we all love in whatever ways I can, and to leave this world a tiny bit better place than I found it. :yess:
Oh, kittyluv387 kittyluv387 -- have you ever tried barley tea? Or genmai cha? These are Asian teas that both have a very toasty taste. Barley tea is just roasted barley, and genmai cha is green tea with roasted brown rice. They are very good!

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --Happy Anniversary! That kitty sink basin is pretty.

@foxxycat --I love that pic of Honeybee's eyes, so pretty! I can't believe your boots lasted 15 years. What brand are they?

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --That must have been a long walk to keep you away from us all day. I agree with Jcatbird Jcatbird , she translated the Latin words for me. :)

Furballsmom Furballsmom --I agree with Jcatbird Jcatbird about you too, that is the word I was looking for, you have great "Empathy" for others.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Positive: When I started taking vitamins years ago, I was able to get rid of my glasses & contacts for nearsightedness. I was showing off last time I took my eye test and read the chart from across the room. :D

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 From some of your posts I have begun to think we share a common background. Similar beliefs. I come from many nearsighted family members as well. There are other issues as well but the positive is that everything I see abosorbed like a sponge. The beauty around us is never lost on me. A butterfly, the green grass, the color of Fall leaves, a sweet kitty expression or a beautiful sky, all make me take a deep breath and sigh with contentment. The little pleasures are not really little at all. We will hold that candle together so we can both sigh with contentment.;)

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMC!!! tinydestroyer tinydestroyer -- PIX when done! :lolup: WOW. Can't we just imagine having that???:cloud9:
Jcatbird Jcatbird AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:loveeyes::redheartpump::redheartpump: Banjo & Whistle!!! Too adorable! *I can't hold a candle to you, my friend! But if anything I say or do helps you in your labors of love, I am truly grateful!* Funny we both have bad eyes, too. I won't go into my tales of woe with mine except to say that I'm the product of two nearsighted people who came from families with quite a few more nearsighted people...and now I have cyborg eyes. They ain't perfect, and sometimes they do ache. So I feel for ya there. For my part, I just keep on praying to be able to do whatever I can to help the cats we all love in whatever ways I can, and to leave this world a tiny bit better place than I found it. :yess:
Oh, kittyluv387 kittyluv387 -- have you ever tried barley tea? Or genmai cha? These are Asian teas that both have a very toasty taste. Barley tea is just roasted barley, and genmai cha is green tea with roasted brown rice. They are very good!
Yess I have tried them!! I love barley anything. Barley beef soup, barley in rice, barley drinks...etc. I did have the green tea with brown rice but didn't realize it was called genmai cha. We must both love toasty drinks!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... Funny we both have bad eyes, too. I won't go into my tales of woe with mine except to say that I'm the product of two nearsighted people who came from families with quite a few more nearsighted people...and now I have cyborg eyes. ...
I come from many nearsighted family members as well.

My eyesight is 20/400. If anyone can top that, this becomes eligible for a pawsitive post!

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird indeed!!! :yess:
neely neely OMC CARLETON!!! :loveeyes::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Few things can top the feeling of sliding into clean sheets. *With CAT added, of course, it's even better* :yess::cloud9:
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws I probably can't, certainly not naturally, but with my cyborg eyes, I do see a little better than 20/20 :yess:
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 Me, too! I frequently make soups with barley. I usually put it in lentil soup. It is SO good!!!:yummy:
My PAWSitive starts out not so much, but ends that way. I had to get groceries online, and it was not a great experience (it never is) so I googled all stores delivering to my area. That led me to read some reviews of the store I had ordered from. There were a LOT of negative reviews (and some positive ones), some of which were about the quality of the food, the rudeness of the employees, the length of the lines, etc. What really shocked me, living in what is known as a very wealthy city, is the number of people posting about homeless people encamped in front of/around the store, as well as kids aggressively selling those cheap nasty candy bars. I've dealt with the candy sellers before, but never seen homeless people in front of the grocery stores here. That really shocked me. Of course this is a huge, complex issue. But the PAWSitive part for me is that no matter how hard life is or how bleak things may look, we are so blessed not to be in the position of these poor people.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer I guess saying I like the basin would be stating the obvious:lovecat2:

I call the following tabbytom because that is who it reminds me of. Well, more so January.

TabbyTomNov5_2018.JPG

And this little fellow I call Rusty. I don't think he wanted me to go to work today. I think he was inviting me to come sit next to him. I wonder if my boss would accept "But my cat told me I could have the day off".

RustyOnKittysCouch.JPG

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Here is my once-wild, ferocious little girl admiring some beautiful artwork again.

KittyAndFigurines.JPG

The pawsitive is that although my cats can't give me the day off work they will be waiting for me to come home and cuddle on yet another chilly day. 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine The winter certainly is closing in.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent yes, that little one sure does resemble January (and probably NOT @tabbytom...) :lolup: Beautiful cats and photos! *and yes, that's what I tell myself when I go out. No matter what the journey entails, THEY are waiting for me at the end of it! :cloud9:*
IMG_0876.JPG
Elvis, always keeping us safe from whatever might be outside ;)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird --I posted your music videos for you, I hope I got the right versions.

Furballsmom Furballsmom --That Chili sounds really good. Was it super spicy?

Shane Kent Shane Kent --I didn't realize you named your figurines. Are any named after me? Make it the prettiest one. :D

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --We're glad you could finally find the time in your busy schedule to join us. :) Usually I like the pink leaves best, but that yellow is pretty too.

Positive: That's my positive above obviously. :thumbsup:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent - that figurine does resemble January. I figured you'd like the sink basin. It's a little bit out of my price range, (and I just realized it's not the right basin for a pedestal anyway,) but you can find it here if you're in the market for a new sink:
Cats in the Garden Drop-in

Although I'm sure you get a lot of good deals on home stuff between your thrifting and Karen's work.

Today, we got a swanky new bedroom suite off Craigslist! My husband got it for our anniversary. It was very sweet, because it almost matches a vanity he bought for me when we first moved in together. We sold our old set before we moved, because it wasn't in perfect shape (even after a lot of repairs,) and we needed the extra space in the transport. I had been looking at antique stores and Craigslist for something cool, but to no avail. My husband found a really great one with head / footboard, nightstands, and two huge dressers and we jumped on it. Only minor surface scratches / a few veneers need replacing. I'll post some pictures of all the pieces once I get them cleaned up a bit, but here's the headboard. Check out the wood figure!
IMG_1072.JPG

It was such a lovely anniversary gift. I got him some flannel sheets he's been wanting (boring, I know, but I was trying to stay with the yearly themes. Year 2 is cotton!)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pawsitive: eleven cats crowding the west-facing windows.

View attachment 260808

"All her empires are falling down,
And winter's closing in."

[Joni Mitchell]
Those colors against that still vibrant green grass...:thumbsup:
I was a young kid (late teens I think) when I was driving west during a sunset, and this sky unfolded into this bright mess of oranges, reds, yellows and up above, purples, blues, etc. I was a little hot shot but I remember saying aloud before I could stop it/realize it,"this is why I love life." As a teenage kid who felt they were pretty tough, I remember pretending I hadn't said it, was glad no one else was with me and spent the next few minutes feeling really weird about myself.
A few years AFTER (edit, ugh) that, I was a hot shot early 20-something driving around and found myself on a really remote back road, and chose a direction and found myself driving past this field of insanely colorful wildflowers. I pulled over, stared for a few, then said "PANSY" and drove off.
I outgrew that. I don't think I'm tough anymore, I know I'm a wuss. But I'll never forget how nice that sight was, and part of the special-ness was just how unexpected it was, and in some ways it kind of began that decades long process of softening my personality a bit.
Nature throws us some nasty stuff in the way of natural disasters or uncooperative weather, like it throws us the untame-able stray cat we can't win over or that danged Mustang horse that is still a spook even after 7 years of predictable, daily handling. But sometimes it's pretty fine, with beautiful weather, wonderful photo ops, stray cats that decide they need to melt into us and a horse that finally gives you a soft eyed look and decides to approach you. And memories of a particular scene we won't forget.
Since I'm talking flowers, and getting sappy, I'll leave you all with a fun poem I wrote yesterday and shared with a fellow TCS member.
"Roses are red, Violets aren't pink,
I'm writing a poem, I sound like a dink."
:thumbsup:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 thank you for sharing those moments with us. Sometimes it's difficult to admit, even to oneself, that we are all wusses in the face of Nature. But those moments we do can be magical.

Bonus PAWsitive tonight: I had to run out to the store for some varnish, and I guess I picked the wrong time. There's a Trump rally being held down the street at the coliseum. I had to wait for a whole 15 mins before I drove right through!;) :lol: Everyone at the store, and a couple of my neighbors were vocally complaining about the traffic, saying it's the worst Fort Wayne has seen. I laughed ecstatically, because a presudebtial motorcade / rally here can't hold a candle to any-time-of-the-day-Friday in most CA cities I've lived. Less traffic is always PAWsitive!

Status
Not open for further replies.