The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --That's one bet I would definitely win! But I'll learn to cook something edible one of these days, it's bound to happen with all the practice.

foxxycat foxxycat --Awww at "my other half." :thumbsup: Great pic of Bee & Pumpkin Face bonding. And beautiful shot of the brook.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Pretty foliage pics. :) I already did the early mail-in voting, but Dad voted today. Surprisingly, we voted for all the same people.

Positive: I don't usually do this, but I woke up laughing this morning. If you ever get the chance to do so, I highly recommend it. It really sets a happy tone for the day. :)

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Happy Election Day to those in the US! I hope everyone goes out to vote, regardless of your political leanings.
It's raining here today but we had some nice weather this weekend. Here are some near peak NYC trees.
IMG_2374[1].JPG
IMG_2375[1].JPG
IMG_2376[1].JPG
IMG_2372[1].JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 , M maggiedemi , and everyone else who read and appreciated Sterling Davis' profile, it's so true -- in any society, and in any group, there are compassionate, kind, responsible people who take it upon themselves to walk the talk and put their caring into action, and that is the most PAWSitive thing a person can do, IMHO. Another thing is passing the profile on to others ;):yess: because yeah, we need SO MANY MORE people like him. It especially inspires me because I know there are many members of minority communities who do care and who do all they are able on behalf of cats, but it just doesn't get publicized in the mainstream media unless they have some kind of side hustle that the public likes or pays attention to. That's another reason a lot of people think, "Oh, I may care, but I'm not going to do anything, because it's not what "we" do." WRONG. "WE" needs to start with ME.
So on that note, please, for the love of all you love, VOTE. VOTE for those who have at least a modicum of caring for the other species and the land they live on. Vote OUT those who support trophy hunting, who want to dismantle the Endangered Species Act, who are selling off our PUBLIC lands and destroying lands in and around them with oil and gas pipelines and drilling. PLEASE. Vote as if your life depends on it. The voiceless, innocent and blameless cannot. But YOU can.:yess:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The kids and I made it in and out of our polling place in probably 5 minutes. :banana2:There was no wait. I got a great parking spot this time too. When I went for the primaries the lines weren't long at all but I still had to park on the grass. It's been raining so I didn't want to risk that today! We also missed a rain shower that was coming through. :p DS still walked through a puddle. Oh well. :rolleyes:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Six o'clock in the evening here, and still - incredibly - 55º as November wears on. It was a truly sparkling day on Lake Ontario's south shore today, with bright sunlight and Mama Fox dancin' on the lawn at dusk. Not the wildest of sunsets, but a pretty sky nonetheless:

electiondaynite.jpg

To echo tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and ileen ileen - if you haven't voted yet, whatcha waitin' for?

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pawsitive - I was able to get out of work a few minutes early to head to the polls to vote. The line moved quickly while I was inside the polls, when I exited, a huge line was forming, actually, a very pawsitive thing.

Six o'clock in the evening here, and still - incredibly - 55º as November wears on. It was a truly sparkling day on Lake Ontario's south shore today, with bright sunlight and Mama Fox dancin' on the lawn at dusk. Not the wildest of sunsets, but a pretty sky nonetheless:

View attachment 260990

To echo tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and ileen ileen - if you haven't voted yet, whatcha waitin' for?
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , A very beautiful ombre sky of blue in your area tonight.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive: I voted -my new polling place is only a couple blocks away so since it wasn't raining I got to walk. And now I'm prepping a Tuscan kale and white bean soup for dinner later, so I'm feeling pretty healthy right now (just cross your fingers it starts turning into weight loss)!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
foxxycat foxxycat - I'd intended to reply to this, because that's such a lovely photo, but I hadn't yet had enough pots of coffee. That's a great season's end photo.

This one's for you, because I know that you "read" your landscape. This poor little Dogwood went in some years ago, then survived the work on the Cat Palace guest house, survived the new driveway, and the new water and sewer lines (which passed less than a meter from the trunk underground). It hasn't flourished, of course, but it probably should have long since perished given its environmental situation. This year - at long last - it looks like a Dogwood in Autumn; a testament to the indomitable Spirit of a little tree that just wouldn't give up.

View attachment 260951

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I love the photo! The loose leaves and color of tree! My guess from all you told me? Remember we had 2 summers in a row that we had hot temps and no or little rain. Then before that didn't we get a monsoon type spring/summer? And if that renovation work was done in the last 5 to 7 years, it could take 3 years just for the tree to establish itself.

When I bought this place, back in 2005 back when we didn't need any downpayment, they had this small Japanese maple tree that was only 8? 10? Feet tall! It's now taller than the highest point of the house...13 years it took for that tree to actually grow big enough to make a decent shade tree.

I tried to find a picture of this tree from this summer but it appears I only took pictures of the flowers underneath it. This photo was taken in May before all the leaves were out...it's definitely a good sized maple now!

20180514_200749.jpg

ileen ileen love those autumn pictures in the city!

A pawsitive is I voted and there were no lines! I hit the local convenience store and they had my favorite cheese crackers on sale so got some for the walk back to the truck! Then after I voted I hit the local library and bought some large sized trade paperbacks for 3 for a dollar and they are brand new! A lovely end to the day!

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari --I love Kale. I never thought of putting it in a soup, but maybe I will.

foxxycat foxxycat --I have a Pine tree outback that I planted when I was a kid. I'll have to take a picture of it for you one of these days.

ileen ileen --It's nice to see all those trees growing right in the middle of NYC.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Those clouds look almost purple in that photo, really pretty. A sparkling day & a fox dancing at night sounds perfect. :)

Furballsmom Furballsmom --Well the cats get all the credit. It was their funny antics that made me wake up laughing, even though it was 5am. It just feels different to wake up that way, it's hard to explain until you try it. :)

Positive: I finally got Demi in from the garage after he hid from me behind & under anything he could find. Now we are toasty warm & ready for bed. :heartshape:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW, PAWSITIVE STUFF!!!!!!!!
People moved here from approximately 700 miles away, and brought their dog and cats.
Their dog is an agility dog, they signed up, and we met them at an agility class. Nice people, very down to earth.
Long story short, they moved here about 3 months ago. About a week after, one of their cats escaped and ran off. They did the social media thing, posters, reward ads, and nothing came of it. No one saw this cat.
About 10 minutes ago, we get a call that THEY got a call that a cat matching their cats description showed up at this random persons house, about 30 miles away, looking mangy and thin but unharmed, so they went to see, thinking it was another dead end.
The cat looked very familiar, took the cat to a nearby vet that had a chip reader, scanned the chip, and IT IS THEIR CAT!
:celebrate::dance::dance::dance::celebrate::beerchug:
I could gift you all a thousand bucks in cash and it wouldn't even compare to this amount of news.
One little cat is now safe and home, and will be fat and sassy in no time. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I saw this egret on the side of the roads next to a parking lot. I stopped my car, pulled out my car and the bird had only moved a few feet
P1010228.JPG
Egrets are so elegant looking.

Some pics of a glorious sunset
P1010241.JPG
P1010242.JPG
P1010245.JPG
P1010246.JPG
They were taken where I have my community garden plot
P1010246.JPG
P1010248.JPG
these are dragon fruit which finally got ripe, the brownish stuff is the dried-up flower
P1010272.JPG
the last plumeria blossom of the year, so very pretty

and now for something funny
category 3 purricane.jpg
I guess the eye of the purricane is where all the heads meet
purricane categories.jpg

this speaks for itself, my daughter sent this to me and I just had to share it

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt Nice scenic shots and cute purricane photos:)

The Sunrises here are heading South and the days are getting shorter. A shot of the Sun breaking through the clouds at 7:30 this morning.

IMG_3165.JPG

Will be a bit busy for me today at work. We are switching to a five times faster Internet connection so I will have to reconfigure some of the networking.

Have a great day / night everyone.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It hasn't flourished, of course, but it probably should have long since perished given its environmental situation. This year - at long last - it looks like a Dogwood in Autumn; a testament to the indomitable Spirit of a little tree that just wouldn't give up
Is it weird that I relate to this tree? Good message: never give up, keep trying.:)

segelkatt segelkatt --Love the egret, dragonfruit, plumeria, and purricane photos. :thumbsup:

Shane Kent Shane Kent --Great sunrise pic. Don't work too hard today. :)

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Awesome news about your friends finding their cat. I don't have my cats microchipped because I worry about side effects of having something implanted inside them. I'll do some more research on it.

Positive: It's a positive thing that this week is half over. What a weird week. But after each week, a new week begins where we can start over fresh. When did I become Miss Positivity? I blame you guys. :thumbsup:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Is it weird that I relate to this tree? Good message: never give up, keep trying.:)

segelkatt segelkatt --Love the egret, dragonfruit, plumeria, and purricane photos. :thumbsup:

Shane Kent Shane Kent --Great sunrise pic. Don't work too hard today. :)

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Awesome news about your friends finding their cat. I don't have my cats microchipped because I worry about side effects of having something implanted inside them. I'll do some more research on it.

Positive: It's a positive thing that this week is half over. What a weird week. But after each week, a new week begins where we can start over fresh. When did I become Miss Positivity? I blame you guys. :thumbsup:

A microchip is only the size of a grain of rice and is inserted under the skin on the back of the neck or between the shoulder blades. There are NO side effects, microchips have been used for decades on all kinds of animals and are made of pure silicon, no electronics, the circuits are made by layering the silicon.
There is one person in Australia who claims that microchipping has killed animals because of the transmission so close to the cat's head. This person also will not use a cellphone to speak and hear, only texts, because of the fear of having the brain affected by the phone transmission so close to the head which has been proven to not be true, so you can make up your mind regarding the dubious info this person puts out there.
The microchip does not send out any transmission until it gets activated by a scanner, it is NOT a GPS, it uses the scanner's power to send out its info embedded on the chip. Scanners are used by shelters and vets to find out the pet's family so it can be returned to them. Millions of cat and dog owners can't be wrong.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt love your pix! One time when I lived in S. El Monte, we were coming home from somewhere and passed by the library -- and on the lawn there were egrets EVERYWHERE. It was a surprising sight!
I've been conflicted on chips, too. Thanks for explaining to us.
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 that is amazingly wonderful news about a cat being reunited with family. I share on social media for a lot of missing cats and my motto is NEVER give up on a cat. Cats have found their way home years after becoming separated from family.
M maggiedemi and Lari Lari I make up recipes from time to time, too. Last night I sauteed some broccoli, threw in some chopped onion, white beans, yellow squash and bamboo shoots. For the spice I put in some garlic and dried chiles (my staples), and added a little water and covered for a few minutes in the wok. I served it over rice. It was fantastic. Easy, too.
Shane Kent Shane Kent Beautiful pic -- glad to see a fellow dawn lover! And congratulations on the faster service.
My PAWSitive? I have a tortleshell on a red cat blanket on my lap -- if you don't think that's a beautiful pic, think again, folks! -- and a blue/cream who just went off on some important cat business. Tuxedo beauty is defending her territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.