Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I slept like a baby last night!
woop woop!!
It's ok, we don't care that you were gone for too long, because now, YOU'RE BACK !!! :thumbsup:

My positive is that timing can be everything. Those three India kittens were doing ok these past couple months and hanging in there (literally for the one that slipped off the roof and was saved because it was able to cling to a trellis just long enough) but last week skin issues began to show. First just one spot, then a couple more, then on another kitten...

Come to find out, once again these little ones are living under a star of love, because they just happen to be due to get another batch of food from the animal welfare organization (they are just on the edge of the area for this organization which is considered one of the best in India), which will also be sending medicine for them. --I don't know that the medicine would have been delivered otherwise because of the distance involved. :cloud9: wow.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 :yess::woohoo: A new bed AND a good night's sleep? A double PAWSitive! :banana1:
Furballsmom Furballsmom That is WONDERFUL news! Hopefully it's just something like ringworm, which is easily treated. As for food, it's always a PAWSitive where kittens are concerned, yes? :yummy::cutecat::kneading:

My PAWSitive for right now is that it's cleaning day, which I always love (yeah, I know, I'm weird) and it's nice and cool!!! Only 72F! It hasn't been that for millenia. :flail:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a nice chat with a buddy of mine I don't talk to nearly enough. We could be brothers.
Told some jokes (mostly poop jokes, funny corny jokes and a hilarious one about a talking dog), told some lies ("that fish was THIS BIG" while trying to show the size of a small dolphin with our hands and arms, when really we just barely caught a pre-pubescent minnow), and talked family. We've always considered ourselves family throughout the decades because we fill the role. We're loyal to the end, there for each other no matter what, and don't take offense if we don't hear from them for a week.
Family is blood, but sometimes Real Family isn't. Sometimes family is what you build through the years. Our blood family is pretty much scattered through the winds, so we just "added" to it with friends we love dearly and the result is close to perfect.
Friends matter, my friends...that means many of you here!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 That's great about your buddy. I've lost a lot of friends (very early) to illnesses and some to what I'd just call changing beyond recognition. But I used to think exactly like you do about family. Lost most of them, too, same reasons, so life just goes on. The PAWSitives? CATS. TCS. Spiritual strength. and a whole lot more.
IMG_0025.JPG
*First Autumn in the Mojave*

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 That's great about your buddy. I've lost a lot of friends (very early) to illnesses and some to what I'd just call changing beyond recognition. But I used to think exactly like you do about family. Lost most of them, too, same reasons, so life just goes on. The PAWSitives? CATS. TCS. Spiritual strength. and a whole lot more.View attachment 261152*First Autumn in the Mojave*

I lost a very close buddy when I was still just a kid to an aggressive cancer and that stuck with me for life. I've lost other friends, family, etc., to equally aggressive cancers (cancer sucks) but I think that first, initial experience stuck with me like glue, but taught me a lot because this persons attitude wasn't about dying, but a new beginning that we don't really know much about. Their death was rough, but their attitude was inspiring. It was hard to deal with that attitude as a kid, but as I grew up, it hit home and is what I hope I can be like if I'm ever given a diagnosis that has no cure. Live, be happy, be free with your hugs, never be afraid to use the "L" word (love), notice the little things, know who you can trust, and know that sometimes friendships take form in many ways.
When your a kid, those friendships are playground pals and later, friends you cruise with in your first beat up truck or car. You grow apart, but you remember them with fondness.
I have buddies my own age, we talk and BS one another but when "things" get real, it's like a posse (of wimps!) But we're brothers, not by blood, but who cares? I have my wife (my very best friend) and my closer family members, and don't underestimate the animals, pets, and fur faces in your life that are the definition of "unconditional."
I've also had friends I've know for decades, and those select friendships started online when this internet thing started. We only talk a few times a year now. A few of them are in poor health and if I don't hear back for a few weeks, I worry. But I always get a reply, and give a reply back, because we've got each others backs and there's something really deep and unspoken about that. I cherish them all. I'm a rich man.:wave2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 You are indeed! I guess my first experience with someone passing on was when I was 6 and my paternal grandfather passed. Of course I had no idea what that was, just probably shocked because he was here and then he wasn't. I still don't know what happened other than that he got pneumonia, in the hospital I think, and passed. I don't recall how I felt or that I was really caved in by it, even though he loved me and I loved him (one of many reactions that makes me think I'm Asperger's to some extent) but that was my first experience of someone I loved leaving my life. Since then, MANY people, cats, and others have also passed. The PAWSitive? I'm still here, with my three loved ones, and I've got work to do every day, work I love, work that saves precious lives.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 --I was wondering where you were. I was just about to send out an APB. Welcome back. Congrats on the new bed.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --When I was visiting my brother in Texas, he thought 70 degrees was cold. I was ready to go swimming in his pool. He thought I was crazy.:dunno:

Furballsmom Furballsmom --Thanks for keeping us updated about the India kitties. You know how I feel about you, no need to get cheesy. :thumbsup:

remember to Love and to keep Friends close.
Here's a famous quote about friendship. :)

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Positive: I loved your post about friendship. Unconditional Love is my favorite kind, though I do need some tough love sometimes. ;)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Unconditional love is a hard thing to hold onto isn't it? But if one truly applies themselves they will make it possible. Unconditional love has saved so many people. It's something money can't buy and it's one of those things that I feel you either got it or you don't. I love hearing the stories of other people's friendships and examples of unconditional love. It's the one thing that is a bright light in my life today after getting some horrible news about a dear friend. Since this is a pawsitive thread the pawsitive is Honeybee is sleeping on my chest while I contemplate the deep understandings of our souls. Sometimes there is no words that can explain someone's connection to one another but a feeling of calm and acceptance regardless of what life throws us.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 --I was wondering where you were. I was just about to send out an APB. Welcome back. Congrats on the new bed.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --When I was visiting my brother in Texas, he thought 70 degrees was cold. I was ready to go swimming in his pool. He thought I was crazy.:dunno:

Furballsmom Furballsmom --Thanks for keeping us updated about the India kitties. You know how I feel about you, no need to get cheesy. :thumbsup:

Here's a famous quote about friendship. :)

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --Positive: I loved your post about friendship. Unconditional Love is my favorite kind, though I do need some tough love sometimes. ;)
We all need tough love now and again!
Tough love needs to be done "in love" IMO, there's no sense in a stranger telling you you've goofed up big time, I wouldn't listen. But someone I like, love, and respect that pulls me aside by the elbow and says something like "dude what the "H" is your problem" makes me stop and go :seesaw:. (Isn't that little angel/devil guy funny? I know I've been there.)
Also, 70 degrees is weather that isn't only swimming weather, but is turn on the AC and then pack yourself in ice and sit around groaning about the heat. Maybe I'm exaggerating (maybe) but sometimes a brisk 35-40 degree day feels great. I always picture a bear taking a nice little shower in a stream, but end up getting sprayed in the face with a hose and not being refreshed. :p:D
Another little pawsitive for the day, and I don't wish to jinx it so I'll say a prayer, and then proceed to do all kinds of crazy stuff like throw salt over my shoulders and not step on a crack, but our somewhat chronically ill cat is eating like a hog and has been doing so well that if you didn't have an eye for it, you'd never be able to tell he has illness. :thumbsup::cloud9:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I am not culinary enough to make my own recipes. My mealime app is my best friend for cooking.

In exciting news, my beautiful new sleepypod arrived today! Mousie went inside the bed part so Lelia could have a positive association right away. Over the next couple weeks I'm going to try and get her used to it more so our thanksgiving road trip hopefully won't be too stressful.
20181107_213507.jpg

S also snuggled a bit during Survivor.
20181107_211555_Burst01.jpg

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Today is Chamouti's second Gotcha Day, he is 12 years old now, I hope he will be with me for another 10 years. I still don't get how anyone could give him up at his age, he is the sweetest, most affectionate, best behaved cat that has ever shared my life, even sweet departed Sascha could not hold a candle to him and that is saying something. Too bad that Panthera always scares him away from wherever he is and then occupies that space, jealousy all the way. Chamouti is still trying to make friends but Panthera will have no part of it, just stares at Chamouti or raises a paw at him until Chamouti leaves. Naughty, naughty Panthera, at age 10 he thinks he rules the house NOT! I do. There is no chance for a fight as Chamouti leaves first, he's a lover, not a fighter just like his mom. Any wonder as my name (my real name) means "Peace" ?
110816 004.JPG
first pic I took of Chamouti, he looks kind of sad , he's sitting in the window at night
111516 014.JPG
he's feeling more at home now
111516 015.JPG
from day one Panthera has been stalking Chamouti
111516 017.JPG
such a sweet looking boy
P1010252.JPG
that'a spaceheater next to him, he does like it warm
P1010253.JPG
P1010259.JPG
P1010260.JPG
no more sad expression on his face, he knows he is loved
P1010261.JPG
P1010262.JPG
gorgeous tail
P1010263.JPG
he looks like a mini-lion
111716 005.JPG

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 You are indeed! I guess my first experience with someone passing on was when I was 6 and my paternal grandfather passed. Of course I had no idea what that was, just probably shocked because he was here and then he wasn't. I still don't know what happened other than that he got pneumonia, in the hospital I think, and passed. I don't recall how I felt or that I was really caved in by it, even though he loved me and I loved him (one of many reactions that makes me think I'm Asperger's to some extent) but that was my first experience of someone I loved leaving my life. Since then, MANY people, cats, and others have also passed. The PAWSitive? I'm still here, with my three loved ones, and I've got work to do every day, work I love, work that saves precious lives.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 that's no sign of Asperger's, it's a sign of immaturity, what do you expect at the age of 6? Dying is not within the comprehension of a child that young. I am not a person who shows her feelings to anyone and people think I don't care, it's cultural. Inside I am crying but don't let others know that. There is a German operetta called "The Country of Smiles" by Franz Lehar set in China (full of stereotypes but lovely music) in which it says you might be dying on the inside but never show your true face to the public,(the stereotype of the inscrutable Asian). I also grew up with "boys don't cry" and being a tomboy I never cried where others could see it as I was as "tough as any boy". It has served me well in many cases although not all where it would have helped me to appear to be feminine and weak, I don't think I would have survived without that skill of appearing and BEING tough, an appearance of can-do anything and usually being able to do anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is Chamouti's second Gotcha Day, he is 12 years old now, I hope he will be with me for another 10 years. I still don't get how anyone could give him up at his age, he is the sweetest, most affectionate, best behaved cat that has ever shared my life, even sweet departed Sascha could not hold a candle to him and that is saying something. Too bad that Panthera always scares him away from wherever he is and then occupies that space, jealousy all the way. Chamouti is still trying to make friends but Panthera will have no part of it, just stares at Chamouti or raises a paw at him until Chamouti leaves. Naughty, naughty Panthera, at age 10 he thinks he rules the house NOT! I do. There is no chance for a fight as Chamouti leaves first, he's a lover, not a fighter just like his mom. Any wonder as my name (my real name) means "Peace" ?View attachment 261177first pic I took of Chamouti, he looks kind of sad , he's sitting in the window at nightView attachment 261178 he's feeling more at home nowView attachment 261179 from day one Panthera has been stalking ChamoutiView attachment 261180 such a sweet looking boyView attachment 261194that'a spaceheater next to him, he does like it warm View attachment 261195 View attachment 261196 View attachment 261197 no more sad expression on his face, he knows he is lovedView attachment 261198 View attachment 261199 gorgeous tailView attachment 261200he looks like a mini-lion View attachment 261182
What a handsome boy! Happy gotcha day Chamouti! He looks so soft and fluffy! He does look sad in the top photo but the others he looks relaxed and more accepting. Too bad his other brother has been chasing him. Bee does that to Pumps all the time. She will walk up and brush against Pumps then turn around and chase her which gets a hiss and a swat out of the old lady Pumps. I'm still waiting for when Pumps chases her back across the room! Honeybee is afraid of her at other times...when it is treat time we try to put the treats as close to each other to get them to get close and if the treats are 6 inches or closer to pumps Bee won't reach over to eat them! :lol:

A pawsitive is watching cats interact with each other or humans. I love seeing a shy kitty come around and become a fluffer of a love bug!

A pawsitive, I listened to some songs that brought me some nice loving feelings and sat and listened to all the tones and lyrics and let it speak to me...no idea why but music speaks to my soul even after all these years and thousands of songs memorized that I don't realize how I managed to remember all them! And it's probably the millionth time I have felt this way and never get tired of that feeling of a songs working it's magic in a lonely unknown world...a song can really do wonders!:cloud9:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
We all need tough love now and again!
Tough love needs to be done "in love" IMO, there's no sense in a stranger telling you you've goofed up big time, I wouldn't listen. But someone I like, love, and respect that pulls me aside by the elbow and says something like "dude what the "H" is your problem" makes me stop and go :seesaw:. (Isn't that little angel/devil guy funny? I know I've been there.)
Also, 70 degrees is weather that isn't only swimming weather, but is turn on the AC and then pack yourself in ice and sit around groaning about the heat. Maybe I'm exaggerating (maybe) but sometimes a brisk 35-40 degree day feels great. I always picture a bear taking a nice little shower in a stream, but end up getting sprayed in the face with a hose and not being refreshed. :p:D
Another little pawsitive for the day, and I don't wish to jinx it so I'll say a prayer, and then proceed to do all kinds of crazy stuff like throw salt over my shoulders and not step on a crack, but our somewhat chronically ill cat is eating like a hog and has been doing so well that if you didn't have an eye for it, you'd never be able to tell he has illness. :thumbsup::cloud9:

@1bruce1 I know what you mean about temps which are relative: Many years ago my brother and his new wife came to visit from Germany in November. We were really cold with the wind etc., wearing sailing gloves, two layers of clothes, a woolly cap etc. so that we could go sailing with my then fiance (now deceased) and off we went just off the coast of Newport Beach, CA. Those two thought it was lovely warm, the new wife stripped down to her bikini, my brother took off his shirt after dumping his jacket. Although they both raised goosebumps they still insisted that they were warm. To them it was lovely summer weather. I can't take that kind of cold anymore, I need layers of clothes and a warm down comforter or two during the winter, maybe even a feather bed to sleep under, not on top of, although it never freezes here. However, I do like for my room to be cold at night to sleep well, I just burrow under the covers with a cat or two joining me, they sleep on top of the covers but scrunched up next to me.
We used to have someone post here who lives in Finland (I can't remember his handle) who said that 70F would make his eyeballs explode, he would ride his motorbike when there was snow on the ground and the temps dipped way below freezing and he thought that was just lovely. He'd never survive in SoCal.

What a handsome boy! Happy gotcha day Chamouti! He looks so soft and fluffy! He does look sad in the top photo but the others he looks relaxed and more accepting. Too bad his other brother has been chasing him. Bee does that to Pumps all the time. She will walk up and brush against Pumps then turn around and chase her which gets a hiss and a swat out of the old lady Pumps. I'm still waiting for when Pumps chases her back across the room! Honeybee is afraid of her at other times...when it is treat time we try to put the treats as close to each other to get them to get close and if the treats are 6 inches or closer to pumps Bee won't reach over to eat them! :lol:

A pawsitive is watching cats interact with each other or humans. I love seeing a shy kitty come around and become a fluffer of a love bug!

A pawsitive, I listened to some songs that brought me some nice loving feelings and sat and listened to all the tones and lyrics and let it speak to me...no idea why but music speaks to my soul even after all these years and thousands of songs memorized that I don't realize how I managed to remember all them! And it's probably the millionth time I have felt this way and never get tired of that feeling of a songs working it's magic in a lonely unknown world...a song can really do wonders!:cloud9:

Did you know that being able to remember tunes and words of many songs is like knowing another language? Those of us who have that ability also have an easier time learning another language, usually to the point of being able to mimic accents which most people, who do not have the ability to remember music, do not have. I know I do, I speak 2 languages and have a nodding acquaintance to a third one which when I do speak it people always say I not only speak it correctly but that I sound like a native child with a limited vocabulary. I was also trained as a singer and can remember many songs and arias, and concert pieces without words ( I can hum along with many of those) even those I have not heard in many years. I've always considered music to be another language in which I am fluent.

Last edited by a moderator:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I saw a beautiful sunrise but didn't get a chance to photograph it before the sun raised too high. A day of sunshine after so many days of rain! The air was a nice crisp 32 this morning. I absolutely love it this cold. I must have been born part polar bear because I love the cold as long as I've got warm clothes or a warm blanket.

A pawsitive was still getting a few hours of sleep even though it was hard to fall asleep. I'm ready for a morning nap though!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GREAT PAWSitive posts, everyone!!!
M maggiedemi Well, Texans are weird. I should know. My dad's family are from there. I love 'em but there are just things that they're weird about.
segelkatt segelkatt SO understand and agree with you about music, on all points. Music has taught me languages, too. I'm not fluent in anything except English (and then there'd be some who'd take issue with me on that) but I do love learning what I can of other languages, often through music, which makes it easier. *HAPPY GOTCHA DAY Chamouti!!!* What a gorgeous golden lion kinglet he is! And may he live long and PAWS-PURR in safety, good health, happiness, and Love!:party::celebrate::bunnydance::party3::woohoo: *and actually, I'm still like that. Too many people have taken issue with my (to their minds) inappropriate reactions to things for me not to think that's the cause.*
Lari Lari I guess my "culinary" was fueled by travel, and by, at one time, being fortunate enough to eat at a lot of different restaurants, as well as a lot of different people's homes and stuff. For some reason, I can replicate almost anything I eat, down to the spices, and since I eat at home exclusively now, that comes in handy. I used to be very creative (painting/other art, writing, embroidery, etc.) so I hold on to this aspect of creativity with all my strength.
neely neely I LOVE that show. And, well, all kittens are adorable. Until they turn into cats. At which point they're even more adorable, because they're bigger. :happycat:

foxxycat foxxycat SO agree with you about music, too, and about cats!:yess:
I have a big blue laptop. It's beautiful and cool (for here) this morning. My gardeners came pretty early and did their job. And we're not in Thousand Oaks. :sigh:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --Are they scented candles? I like Vanilla scents. What else do you make besides candles?

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --My brother was from here in Upstate NY, then moved to Dallas, then San Antonio. He used to have a thick southern accent, but lost it for some reason. I loved it! I wish he still had it.

segelkatt segelkatt --Happy 2nd Gotcha Day to Chamouti!

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --I agree, when receiving tough love, you have to consider the source. If the person loves you, they want to help you be your best self. :)

foxxycat foxxycat --Those were some beautiful thoughts on Unconditional Love. I think that's the best gift you can give somebody, the knowing that they are loved & accepted along with all their faults and quirks. :redheartpump:

Positive: Remembering the good memories of my doggie nephew. He passed away today at age 15. He used to love to visit us out in the country where he could run free & sit on the couch to watch Nascar with us. You were loved. :hearthrob:

Status
Not open for further replies.