The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
@tinydestroyer I would call that a "light dusting" of snow. We got the first of those a couple of weeks ago.

neely neely I agree, Thank God It's Friday. The day before Caturday when I get to wake up late with some kitties:) Plus it is payday Friday for me.

The switch over to the faster Internet at work was flawless and I even got the same static IP address as before so there was very little for me to reconfigure. Five times faster so I can post five times as many cat figurines, lol. Of course I would be hard pressed to find five times as many.

Last edited:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
My pawsitive for today is I'm working from home and also cleaning and packing. I'm going to northern California early tomorrow for eight days. I will miss Luciano a lot, but look forward to seeing people in my boyfriend's family as well as taking a mini-mid vacation vacation to Monterrey.

Luciano will be well taken care of by two neighbors, one who originally rescued Luciano & gave him to me, the other who just adores him & will help on the days his rescuer will also be out of town. I hope Luciano behaves well & that they will also spend time here with him as well as feed him & clean the litterbox.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Furballsmom --Dad was telling me that Nascar was much more fun to watch in the olden days because every car was so different. I'll have to see if I can find some clips on You Tube.

Shane Kent Shane Kent --That sunrise is really pretty, almost looks like fire. You're lucky you can build things like a cat tree, I wish I had that talent. :)

@tinydestroyer --You know your post made snow sound exciting. I might have to rethink my views on it. Maybe...

ileen ileen --Have a fun & safe trip to northern California. I've been to San Francisco, we went hiking and toured the old mines.:tree:

Positive: I made BBQ chicken and it actually didn't taste like roadkill. It was pretty good. My friend gave me the idea to put it under the broiler at the end so that the sauce caramelizes. She's a genius. :thumbsup:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
It was another beautiful morning but I still didn't get a picture of the sunrise.

Shane Kent Shane Kent that sunset is gorgeous and I love the cat tree!! I've got to build one for the bedroom window..the girls shredded the cardboard and it's barely staying together. Honeybee sleeps in the window and got mad when I moved her tree out of the window. She was sulking for days so we put it back there..i was getting ready to take it to the dump. 3 minutes later she hopped up and curled up and took a nap...that's my girl.

@tinydestroyer You know I just love winter. I love it when it snows because I don't have to go anywhere or do stuff outside...in the summer its busy with the gardens etc. In the winter I can get away with just reading and no one bugs me. Plus when the house is too hot I can step outside to cool off. There was frost on the truck this morning, i think it was 30. It was pretty cold!

@Furballsmom and M maggiedemi I used to follow nascar but haven't in years. My ex used to travel to different tracks throughout the year..it was the only time I ever traveled. He would go hang with the guys while I got a rental and looked for thrift stores. My dad used to be a big fan then when Earnhardt passed away he lost interest...it wasn't the same with the new restrictions and rules I didn't have a favorite but I enjoyed going into the pit more than watching the races and of course having the various foods they sold there. And buying up tshirts. That was back in the late 1990s.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine got some shots of the burning bush and loved your observations with the cats...I would have to say we had one cat who fought with other cats all the time..but she was nice to humans but didn't like other cats..that was Floey. Our Flo Monster would chase other cats out of the yard and scream loudly at them...

A pawsitive is today is Friday and will have 2 days off to spend anyway other than work!

20181108_163556.jpg

20181108_163658.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful colors foxxycat foxxycat ! :loveeyes:

I managed to get home from running errands before a storm reached us. I'm very happy to NOT have the snow so man of you are enjoying today. The kids and I got donuts (and a coffee for me) on our way home too. A Friday treat really hit the spot.

I decided to cook our turkey in the crock pot for Thanksgiving so I picked up some turkey breasts and turkey wings. It should be simpler and tasty! I put them in the freezer for now. I didn't want to wait and have them sell out.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything was covered in frost this morning and the Sunrise was another colorful one. Ottawa at 6:45 AM.
View attachment 261392
Shane Kent Shane Kent - I can't match your, "covered with frost, but....

Mondo woke me up super early this morning for a walk, which is unusual, so I thought he might have an upset tummy again. Instead, when we went outside at 4am, it was SNOWING! Super Pawsitive!

I can't wait for the real snow to come, and I know Mondo feels the same!

@tinydestroyer - I gotcher snow right here, about four minutes ago:

snownovember9.jpg

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine got some shots of the burning bush
foxxycat foxxycat - I gotcher burning bush right here gettin' snowed on.

;)

The switch over to the faster Internet at work was flawless and I even got the same static IP address as before so there was very little for me to reconfigure. Five times faster so I can post five times as many cat figurines, lol. Of course I would be hard pressed to find five times as many.
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Makes a big difference, doesn't it? Welcome to the new millennium.

newm.jpg

The first snow of the season is always magical - at least when there's a nice warm, cat-filled house to which one can return. The woods are incredibly quiet right now, though there was quite a bit of activity this afternoon - wild turkeys eating the acorns under the oak trees, squirrels chattering and rushing 'round in the walnut trees, and a lone deer grazing at the edge of the shrub border. Everyone's preparing for Winter in one way or another.

The Winter squirrel bird feeders will go up in the next couple of days here, and I hope that all of our animal-loving friends here on TCS are preparing to do likewise. Please remember all these little guys when the world is shrouded in white; they don't eat much, and the joy they give back can't even be measured. They'll appreciate it - and if your feeders are place within Cat Viewing Areas, your kitties will Love you for it as well.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine That's a great photo! I think we are supposed to get 2 inches of rain tonight. I am suprised it isn't snow. We often get snow by Thanksgiving here. I've still got a few more flower pots to dump out but some of them still have flowers that are hanging on..

And for the internet I forgot to get the free 1g booster when I signed up for it Monday. I'm ditching the dsl/land line and getting high speed internet. Then ditch directtv to get sling. Got a fire stick on it's way! And a digital antenna!! That's this week's pawsitive! Finally ditching the money sinkers to get better quality tv at a reduced price!

Some more pics for ya 1Cat

20181108_163822.jpg

And a perturbed Honeybee at me picking her up

20181108_161907.jpg

Me bugging her when she was poking around.

20181108_161713.jpg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that the sun is out and we are back to t-shirt weather for today. No rain and no mosquitos. I am spending the day preparing things outside for cooler weather. Now that the ferals are gone I am seeing a return of lots of small animal life. Lots of Cardinals too. I love seeing them come closer to the house. The Gopher Tortoises have been seen in the wooded area looking to get ready to burrow down. I’ll keep their locations a secret for them. I love seeing them. This year I saw a baby. Yay! That was a very uplifting thing to see.The species hangs on. The last two I saw had a beautiful gold tint to their shells. I always enjoy wandering the woods and sand flats. You never know what you might discover. An Indigo has decided to live nearby too. She is a welcome sight too.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This was Karen's view when she got to work this morning. She wants one for the back of her car.
LOL, I want one for the back of mine, and I don't even HAVE a car!

She was chewing grass and had this weird expression on her face.
She certainly did! Lord, that's a lovely cat!

This morning, Moo Shu was at the sink with the water running when I got up, and Peanut - now beginning to show his age at nearly 22 years - had made his way up onto the counter somewhat labouriously, and was headed for the sink. Moo Shu made a little chirp, and jumped up onto the windowsill to allow the 'old man' to get his drink in peace.
That may be the sweetest thing I've read all day. They are so in tune to others, regardless of what those who don't really KNOW cats think!

Good on the candles!! My wife always loved the 5 wicked ones, they made an impressive glow but with the asthmatic cat, candles are a no go (no glow?) for now. :wink:
You MIGHT be able to get away with unscented beeswax, actually. Just a thought.

I got a "MicroChip Notice" on a cat that disappeared shorty after Mom passed away ( 5 years ) . Queenie is doing fine with her new owner a few blocks away. She had injuries so I will share the vet bill. Another yard cat previously adopted by someone has returned to my yard obviously abandoned and hungry. She is more feral than before but is safe and fed daily. She looks fine .
I know that you are relieved that Queenie found a soft spot to land! And I'm happy that your yard cat found her way back to a safe place, as well!

PAWsitive today is that the chimney and ceiling are completely fixed, painted and cleaned.
YAY! That's the ONE advantage to an electric fireplace, I guess, but I'm just glad I have at least that!

I went to zumba tonight. I can't really do the shaking and shimmying right, but I always end up sweaty, which I guess is the point. And it's kind of fun.
Anytime that excercise is fun, it's a very good thing, indeed.

I still have a bit of wood to be cut and carpet to be glued. Same size and design, the modified kittypa perch, as the one I have at home.
If you get bored, you can always drift down to North Carolina and build one of those for Hekitty...not quite so high, though. She's a round little thing.

Mondo woke me up super early this morning for a walk, which is unusual, so I thought he might have an upset tummy again. Instead, when we went outside at 4am, it was SNOWING! Super Pawsitive!

Well, I later learned it was only barely snowing, and the proper term for it would have been "a frost" - as Shane Kent Shane Kent showed us the beautiful one in Ottawa this morning. Semantics aside, I have proof that some of it was coming from the sky, at least:
Light snow COUNTS! It's 75 degrees here.

TGIF to all. :thumbsup: We woke up to our first snow of the season today with blustery winds and leaves blowing everywhere.
I'm so jealous of all of you with snow. I adore snow. I come alive in snow. I am convinced that it is because I spent my early years in Alaska, and that kinda "set" my brain for snow.

I decided to cook our turkey in the crock pot for Thanksgiving so I picked up some turkey breasts and turkey wings.
Huh...hadn't thought about that... ~scampers off to google~

Hekitty's new scratching post has come in. I have to assemble it, but it is sturdy, and nice and tall, so she can really streeeeeeeeeetch out when she scratches! There is now a scratcher in every room of the house, flat, upright, and angled. I have some hope that the new furniture will reap the benefits of this!

AND the new TV is here! My neighbor will come over and help me set it up when her kids are in bed this evening. It's not huge, a 43", but considerably larger than the 36" I had. More than that would overpower the room! YAY!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice posts and photos, all!
My PAWSitive is around a somber note. Anyone who's checked in on what's going on in L.A. Metroland will undoubtedly know about the huge Woolsey Fire which is currently roaring through Ventura and Northern Los Angeles County including Agoura, Calabasas, Malibu communities etc. Last I checked it was out of control at over 10,000 acres and destroying everything in its path, including probably quite a few homes of the rich. When I opened up the house this morning after having to close it during a night of heavy winds, I looked to the south and was greeted by a tiny little plume. I knew it wasn't a cloud. In no time, it had become a large plume and shortly thereafter, I could see huge red flames marching down the hills of Griffith Park. That fire, while a lot smaller than the Woolsey, is in a very inaccessible area, and Griffith Park is habitat to many wild animals. The L.A. Zoo is evacuating their animals. I spent quite awhile glued to local news and going outside to check the progress of the supertanker and Skycrane water dropping operations.
The PAWSitive? We are not in either of these disasters. *PLEASE PRAY FOR THOSE WHO ARE.*

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got a call that my hearing aids are in, and I will get them on Wednesday! I haven't heard crickets or bird song in 40 years, and they KNOW I will hear them in my right ear. Left is a strong maybe.
Oh that's exciting! My mother likes hers. She said the Audiologist had her walk outside to test them and she kept looking around for this clicking noise when they were walking down the hall. It was her shoelaces. :lol: I hope you love them!
I was thinking about what you said earlier a few pages back about how your reaction to death when you were younger was normal! I remember my Grammy passed when I was 6 and I don't remember being upset either but she was someone we saw once a year at Thanksgiving so I don't have many memories of her.
I agree with you both on that. My kids didn't really react much when their cousin passed away or any of their great-grandparents. They never saw him often; but I still thought the fact that realizing a kid could pass away would be more upsetting to them; but they didn't really react. It took more explaining why the rest of us were upset and dealing with big emotions. Their other cousins saw him very often but they were calm at the funeral also. They were all 7 and under. In a way; that was probably a blessing.
Huh...hadn't thought about that... ~scampers off to google~
I am positive there will be a splash or two of sherry going in that crock pot. ;) :yummy:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that Geoffrey really ventured out today; even greeting me when I came home!!! and 2 play sessions! He has come to accept Artie's room as an official Geoffrey Playroom!!! It is really heart warming to see his progress...

He just came out again.. is disliking his turkey food; covering it up... but....

Another positive: My tire pressure lite, in the car, came on... I decided to try out the new air pump. I was very hesitant, but, I managed to do it!!! It took a few tries in a couple of tires, but the light went out!!!
That is a plus for me....

Another positive: I bought myself a pair of PJ's in a smaller size.. nice warm fleece pj's....

another positive:
it is my b-day; no drama... no nothing.. nice and quiet..
no phone calls.. It is all good... a relaxing day...
Had a nice supper: chicken, broccoli, and baked butternut squash.. and wine.. I am relaxing...

Another Positive:
Geoffrey came out of under the bed, to greet me when I came home.. :redheartpump:
Geoffrey is not.. he is really hating his food.. but it is the same food he had in the shelter.. sigh...
He ate really well today.. just needs to poop.. he has been through so much, in the past 2 weeks... no wonder if his body mechanics are all messed up...

He is my new buddy...

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice posts and photos, all!
My PAWSitive is around a somber note. Anyone who's checked in on what's going on in L.A. Metroland will undoubtedly know about the huge Woolsey Fire which is currently roaring through Ventura and Northern Los Angeles County including Agoura, Calabasas, Malibu communities etc. Last I checked it was out of control at over 10,000 acres and destroying everything in its path, including probably quite a few homes of the rich. When I opened up the house this morning after having to close it during a night of heavy winds, I looked to the south and was greeted by a tiny little plume. I knew it wasn't a cloud. In no time, it had become a large plume and shortly thereafter, I could see huge red flames marching down the hills of Griffith Park. That fire, while a lot smaller than the Woolsey, is in a very inaccessible area, and Griffith Park is habitat to many wild animals. The L.A. Zoo is evacuating their animals. I spent quite awhile glued to local news and going outside to check the progress of the supertanker and Skycrane water dropping operations.
The PAWSitive? We are not in either of these disasters. *PLEASE PRAY FOR THOSE WHO ARE.*
Those fires are scary, scary, scary. I hope everyone and everything in its path manages to stay safe.
What really gets me about these disasters (natural or not) is how people (99% of them, at least) forget their petty thoughts, crappy ways, bitterness, anger, etc., and help others without even giving it a thought. They don't care about race, religion, politics or any of that other crap, they see someone in need and just help in any way they can.
And where grown adults are great, kids just...I mean, you can't possibly read this without getting a smile on your face.
4-year-old girl named Florence inspired to help victims of Hurricane Florence

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I just got my internet updated with a new modem. It's supposed to make my comp go faster but I had been told that last time and didn't see much. However. the modem and update was FREE and that is always positive.
I'm too far away from the fires north of LA but the wind has been howling late yesterday evening and I said then that I hoped there would not be any fires. First thing this morning on TV they said there were fires all over Northern Calif and then those just north of LA. Evacuations all over, City of Malibu wants all its citizens out down to the fancy houses on the beach. The Pacific Coast Highway has opened all its lanes to southbound traffic because of all the evacuees going south, no northbound traffic allowed. The devil wind out of the desert blowing from NE always causes fires because everything dries out. My heaad hurts because my sinuses blow up when the winds come roaring out of the desert.
My garden will need to be watered every day again instead of every 3 to 4 days. Temps up again to near 80 and in the 50s at night.
Pawsitive: my last day of physical therapy was today, 99% of the sciatica is gone, I can do the exercises on my own to make it all go away. Most of the time I feel hardly any pain and I can sleep without a heating pad on my hip again. Panthera will be disappointed, he loved sleeping next to me where the heating pad was.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got my internet updated with a new modem. It's supposed to make my comp go faster but I had been told that last time and didn't see much. However. the modem and update was FREE and that is always positive.
I'm too far away from the fires north of LA but the wind has been howling late yesterday evening and I said then that I hoped there would not be any fires. First thing this morning on TV they said there were fires all over Northern Calif and then those just north of LA. Evacuations all over, City of Malibu wants all its citizens out down to the fancy houses on the beach. The Pacific Coast Highway has opened all its lanes to southbound traffic because of all the evacuees going south, no northbound traffic allowed. The devil wind out of the desert blowing from NE always causes fires because everything dries out. My heaad hurts because my sinuses blow up when the winds come roaring out of the desert.
My garden will need to be watered every day again instead of every 3 to 4 days. Temps up again to near 80 and in the 50s at night.
Pawsitive: my last day of physical therapy was today, 99% of the sciatica is gone, I can do the exercises on my own to make it all go away. Most of the time I feel hardly any pain and I can sleep without a heating pad on my hip again. Panthera will be disappointed, he loved sleeping next to me where the heating pad was.
An electric blanket might sooth Panthera!
Very good about your last day of PT and being able to control the pain on your own. It can be a slow process but it's so worth it when you realize your pain is gone and if it shows up, you know what to do to knock it on its butt.
I can't even imagine what's going on out there with those fires. I hope people aren't panicking.
I'm enjoying a pawsitive right now. I have 3 cats smashed together in a sleeping ball on a chair near the fire place. They look like one single being that has 3 heads, 3 tails, and 12 feet. If you have a crappy day some time, a cozy, happy cat just makes your blood pressure go from "stratosphere" to "normal".
I've also noticed that micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom always has something positive to say on practically every thread she visits. Just giving her an appreciative "pawsitive" mention. :thumbsup:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so jealous of all of you with snow. I adore snow. I come alive in snow. I am convinced that it is because I spent my early years in Alaska, and that kinda "set" my brain for snow.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 - Don't come runnin' up here just yet, sweetie unless you have fresh-baked brownies or an apple pie; my snow was gone before it could stick to anything, and an hour later, the sun was out again.

Since it now gets dark about three seconds after noon, I thought I'd try the battery-driven slave flash unit outside at dusk. My little fox showed up a bit later than usual, and when I saw her come forward in the fading light, I pushed the cable release and walked out to her feeding station.

november9foxy.jpg

Of course, if you set the shutter drive too fast, the flash never has the chance to cycle back up, and the camera just sits on the tripod taking pictures of near-darkness at 3 frames per second until the card is full. I got lots of pictures of near-darkness. Lots and lots.

And the third from last was a little different.

november9fox.jpg

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. :)

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine :lolup: *I'd recognize that 2-foot tail anywhere!* ;)
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 Thank you so much. Maybe some people don't understand how emotional it is to live with these fires, but it is, especially for a burn survivor. And I always think about all the animals. We've got high wind warnings through MONDAY. So I know everyone's Prayers would be appreciated. The Griffith Park fire is out, as far as I know. All I see is some white smoke low to the ground when I look out the front door. It smells like smoke everywhere, though.
segelkatt segelkatt "Devil winds" is a good term for them. They always bring badness. Very glad to hear your PAWSitive about pain cessation, though!
artiemom artiemom You have the PAWSitive of the week, if not the year!!! :yess::winkcat:*and cozy flannel PJs are wonderful. I'm wearing mine these nights, too. The only thing better is those WITH flannel sheets, which I plan to put on on Monday, and, of course, CAT(s) to sleep with. :cutecat::kneading::zzzcat:
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom *snow envy* :lolup:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine :lolup: *I'd recognize that 2-foot tail anywhere!* ;)
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 Thank you so much. Maybe some people don't understand how emotional it is to live with these fires, but it is, especially for a burn survivor. And I always think about all the animals. We've got high wind warnings through MONDAY. So I know everyone's Prayers would be appreciated. The Griffith Park fire is out, as far as I know. All I see is some white smoke low to the ground when I look out the front door. It smells like smoke everywhere, though.
segelkatt segelkatt "Devil winds" is a good term for them. They always bring badness. Very glad to hear your PAWSitive about pain cessation, though!
artiemom artiemom You have the PAWSitive of the week, if not the year!!! :yess::winkcat:*and cozy flannel PJs are wonderful. I'm wearing mine these nights, too. The only thing better is those WITH flannel sheets, which I plan to put on on Monday, and, of course, CAT(s) to sleep with. :cutecat::kneading::zzzcat:
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom *snow envy* :lolup:
You're a burn survivor? I've never lived through a fire, other disasters yes, but fire is scary because it is unpredictable. Tornadoes scare the living daylights out of me, and are unpredictable, but sometimes they suck back up into the clouds and spare a home while taking everything else. Fires do no such thing.
My wife and I are both glad you survived and are glad you're here to share that. As scary as it sounds (is!), there might be a person out there scanning through this thread and will identify with that. Good on us all. This thread is really cool.
Pawsitive is tomorrow I'll be working around here a bit, doing some wintering I should have done 2 months ago (:doh: whoops.)
But really, this is good (nothing like stretching the old muscles, or the muscles I don't have), but there's a potential midday quiet that is promising me a nap. I'll doze in my chair, and to an old fart, that's pretty pawsitive.
Naps for me isn't so much sleeping, but just dozing and letting my mind go wherever. Sometimes it goes to nonsense, but sometimes it focuses on a "thing". If that particular "thing" is focused on a few times in a short period of time, it's a reminder that something needs in (my/your) life needs to be dealt with. It sounds hard and occasionally it is. If that "thing" is a person that has shut off contact with you, all you can do is forgive them, forgive yourself, and move on. If you're willing to talk with them and they shut you out....sucks to be them.
Sometimes the really good "pawsitive" things in life are worth working for and sometimes they're almost impossible to obtain. But don't ever quit trying.
:shocked: ........
...That's just because this guys face cracks me up. Nothing big or important or earth shattering. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.