The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
My pawsitive is we got slammed with kiddos on Halloween night-my coworker recently moved here and she was having a blast on the other side of the block! She's got her dog and the dog didnt mind the little kids! She had never been able to do trick o' treating due to always in an apartment or areas where no kids or taking her own girls out. We had more kids this year than I remembered in a long time.

Honeybee was hanging out on the couch for a while until she got bored. She was trying to come up to the kids to beg for treats! I had to chase her into the bedroom to stop her from being a pest and getting in the way of feet because I didn't want to accidently step on the Bee! She is more dog than cat! Pumps flew off the couch at the first knock and took off for parts unknown....

7 bags of fun sized candy bars went bye bye to the little squirts!! and some older kids too which I don't mind..It's good to see older kids out there keeping an eye on everyone! a rough count of 200 kids I am guessing. The parents drop them off in our neighborhood and we have big crowds of kids, and a police officer who cruises around making sure people slow down and not be a pest with their car! Lots of original costumes this year and very polite kiddos! A pawsitive of course!

Last night I spent the evening over my friends place watching tv and gabbing. She cooked these Italian thin pork chops with breading dunked in flour/egg first then pan fried..OMG I know what I am cooking tomorrow!
Two pawsitives for today! Friends and good food!! She's going to teach me some more things to cook! I always loved Italian food and she makes it look so easy!

I like the idea of continuing the thread...we can continue to brainstorm ideas! Happy November 1st folks!!!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My PAWSitive for this morning is that, as usual, I enjoyed the dawn and watering the plants.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I almost did; I just couldn't quite stay up that late!

Happy November 1st 2nd folks!!!
foxxycat foxxycat - I feex! I feex!

After a delightful walk in the leafy woods, I pulled up short where the lawn begins, to see this staring at me:

foxnovember2.jpg

Apparently she thought, "well, if he can go barging into my woods, I'll go play on his silly lawn."

Pawsitive: where once the onset of Sarcoptic Mange had begun reducing her tail nearly to nothing, 11 of the 13 doses of her course of Ivermectin has resulted in a big, fat, fluffy tail in time for Winter.

:)

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pawsitive is we got slammed with kiddos on Halloween night-my coworker recently moved here and she was having a blast on the other side of the block! She's got her dog and the dog didnt mind the little kids! She had never been able to do trick o' treating due to always in an apartment or areas where no kids or taking her own girls out. We had more kids this year than I remembered in a long time.

Honeybee was hanging out on the couch for a while until she got bored. She was trying to come up to the kids to beg for treats! I had to chase her into the bedroom to stop her from being a pest and getting in the way of feet because I didn't want to accidently step on the Bee! She is more dog than cat! Pumps flew off the couch at the first knock and took off for parts unknown....

7 bags of fun sized candy bars went bye bye to the little squirts!! and some older kids too which I don't mind..It's good to see older kids out there keeping an eye on everyone! a rough count of 200 kids I am guessing. The parents drop them off in our neighborhood and we have big crowds of kids, and a police officer who cruises around making sure people slow down and not be a pest with their car! Lots of original costumes this year and very polite kiddos! A pawsitive of course!

Last night I spent the evening over my friends place watching tv and gabbing. She cooked these Italian thin pork chops with breading dunked in flour/egg first then pan fried..OMG I know what I am cooking tomorrow!
Two pawsitives for today! Friends and good food!! She's going to teach me some more things to cook! I always loved Italian food and she makes it look so easy!

I like the idea of continuing the thread...we can continue to brainstorm ideas! Happy November 1st folks!!!
I'd rather see older kids out trick or treating than partying or getting in trouble. Let them be kids for as long as they can.
My positive is the kitties are being super snuggly today.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, I know, Halloween was only two days ago but I found this on the way home. Not both of them, just the figurine:)

View attachment 260374
Daddy:angrycat: I want a bow tie on my tail this Christmas!
I have a Jim Shore cat from when my ex went to the US Capital area and Alexandria, Virginia, which is very nearby. It's an American-themed cat with an old flag design and "FREEDOM" spelled out. *I don't, however, have one of those gorgeous cats in your picture.*

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope we can continue this thread, too! I can't believe it's almost been a whole year! I've grown to look forward to checking all the PAWsitive posts, pictures, and music with my friends on here. Helping kitties is always amazing, too!
My PAWsitive is that I didn't make my bed this morning (had to rush out the door,) and when I got home, I saw the sweetest sleeping Lucy on top of my pillow. It was too dark to get a good photo, but it warmed me up from the inside out on this chilly night. And she didn't even roust when I scooped her up and put her on the blanket beside me!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope we can continue this thread, too! I can't believe it's almost been a whole year! I've grown to look forward to checking all the PAWsitive posts, pictures, and music with my friends on here. Helping kitties is always amazing, too!
My PAWsitive is that I didn't make my bed this morning (had to rush out the door,) and when I got home, I saw the sweetest sleeping Lucy on top of my pillow. It was too dark to get a good photo, but it warmed me up from the inside out on this chilly night. And she didn't even roust when I scooped her up and put her on the blanket beside me!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - One of your cats actually makes the beds??? None of mine will even do laundry.

It's like the night before Christmas here right now - eleven kitties all asleep, jammed up against the baseboard heat registers after supper. Even the Snowshoe is fast asleep. Absolute bliss. Of course, it won't last but a few minutes, but even so... Pawsitive!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, today we did some basic stock up shopping, some basic food shopping, stocked the house and main cabinets, I was put on vegetable chopping duty and acted like a distracted 9 year old (because, why not) and it took me 2 hours to chop up 3 peppers because I kept pretending other things mattered more. Wife wasn't fooled and put me back to work.:crazy:
Got a nice call from the butcher that pet food was in and we picked it up since the roads weren't bad, and the freezers are now stuffed.
Pawsitive:
-We can afford to buy food for ourselves and food to stock for others.
-We (wife and I) can prepare food together without killing one another.
-We can get annoyed but we don't hate one another for it. It's normal, it's life.
-We can feed our pets the food of our choice and do it cheaply.
-We have ample space to store the food and if we got snowed in for 8 months we and ours would be fine.

Is there anything more pawsitive than all of the above?
I'm no hero but sometimes the little stuff does matter a lot.
Hug your cats, dogs, kids, parents, friends, weird relatives, anyone you care about and don't be afraid to say "I love you." :thumbsup::cloud9:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm no hero but sometimes the little stuff does matter a lot.
Hug your cats, dogs, kids, parents, friends, weird relatives, anyone you care about and don't be afraid to say "I love you."
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - If you honestly don't know that you're an hero, you're even dumber than I thought you were. *fist bump*

Pawsitive: Life; it's always pawsitive. Keep that in mind, before it gets away.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - One of your cats actually makes the beds??? None of mine will even do laundry.

Oh, laundry is Lucy's favorite chore! Though, she'll do almost anything that we leave for too long.
Here she is, making the bed:
IMG_9360.JPG

Folding the blankets, too:
IMG_0709.JPG

Cleaning the tub:
IMG_8581.JPG

Mopping the floor:
IMG_9251.JPG

And loading the dishes:
IMG_9818.JPG

She can't stand a dirty house! Having a helper sure is pawsitive!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - If you honestly don't know that you're an hero, you're even dumber than I thought you were. *fist bump*

Pawsitive: Life; it's always pawsitive. Keep that in mind, before it gets away.
Aw, dammit, don't make me get all soppy. :biggrin:
Fist bump back 'atcha, buddy. :)

I've held off on the music stuff, but this is a good song. Good lyrics, good guy singing it.
Life won't wait for you, folks.
As the saying goes, grab the bull by the horns.
As a buddy of mine said once, grab the bull by the tail and look him in the eye. :flail:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, dammit, don't make me get all soppy. :biggrin:
Fist bump back 'atcha, buddy. :)

I've held off on the music stuff, but this is a good song. Good lyrics, good guy singing it.
Life won't wait for you, folks.
As the saying goes, grab the bull by the horns.
As a buddy of mine said once, grab the bull by the tail and look him in the eye. :flail:
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Awww... I meant that about you being even dumber than I thought an hero.

Nope - Life won't wait - a good thing to remember. Okay, I'll follow that up then with one that never fails to make me smile - and that's always pawsitive. Love won't wait either.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning when I was driving to work there were all these low clouds that looked like a mountain behind the city.
20181102_072343_HDR~2.jpg

The picture/my camera doesn't do it justice. It was breathtaking.

I got home a tiny bit early today because I had an off campus professional development today and we got back 10 minutes before school ended and it wasn't worth going back for that. So it was a nice afternoon, I cooked a yummy shrimp and sausage boil with leftovers for Monday's lunch, and I'm done eating the treats in my apartment so tomorrow I can get back to attempting to lose weight. All in all, I'd say it was a positive day.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Mod Note: Just a reminder that all fundraisers must have the approval of Anne Anne . As stated before all good things must come to an end and this thread will be ending. If you want to continue discussing what is going on in your life, then we do have the “What’s on your mind” thread to do so. In the past we have had a “What’s something positive” type thread for those type of posts that can be resurrected when this thread ends. There is also a thread to discuss music. There are plenty of other threads to discuss things and intereact with members and perhaps get to know a few new ones.

Positive: A few days off

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
To echo what Karen said and save anyone from having to write in, let me say we will not allow any fundraising which involves people sending each other money or otherwise sharing personal details.

This is an online forum. Unlike Facebook, we actually encourage people to maintain their privacy and keep their real-life names and addresses private. Anyone who has the means to donate for cats in need is probably already doing so, or should. There's no need to arrange collections by encouraging people to share their personal details and/or actually transfer money.

If you can afford to donate - just do so. There's no lack of cat charities who would be grateful for any donation - big or small.

When we arrange a fundraising like with this thread, we never ask any member to reach into their own pocket and give money. We give from the TCS ad revenue based on the amount of activity on the site (which makes it possible). It has nothing to do with collecting money from members which is something I wouldn't allow here on the site, for various reasons. Not even via private messaging.

If anyone wants to raise funds, your own community where real-life people know each other is a great location for that. I am sure there are many cat charities that would be happy to get help from volunteers in raising funds for their needs. Let that energy of giving flow that way - I'm sure it will be hugely appreciated!

And until we reach 10,000 posts in this thread - or the end of the year, whichever comes first - keep on posting as we will be making a final donation based on the number of posts. Thank you!

Also, please go easy on the music videos as the positive in your post. It's nice once or twice but we're trying to create something a bit different in this thread. Your cooperation is appreciated!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Weekend pawsitive: Although tired from working yesterday it was a successful last day of the week at school. :yess: The temps. are starting to dip and since the forecast for the end of the week is supposed to be in the 30's I am going shopping for an insulated vest today. Hopefully I will beat the crowds. :wink:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I almost did; I just couldn't quite stay up that late!

foxxycat foxxycat - I feex! I feex!

After a delightful walk in the leafy woods, I pulled up short where the lawn begins, to see this staring at me:

View attachment 260317

Apparently she thought, "well, if he can go barging into my woods, I'll go play on his silly lawn."

Pawsitive: where once the onset of Sarcoptic Mange had begun reducing her tail nearly to nothing, 11 of the 13 doses of her course of Ivermectin has resulted in a big, fat, fluffy tail in time for Winter.

:)
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine What a delightful picture of Mrs. Fox! How did you get the medicine into the fox? I assume by food? Or does she let you pet her? She's beautiful and thank you for caring for the animals who cruise through your yard.

Also that song you posted is one of my favorite country songs! It's been awhile since I have heard it and was delighted to hear a good song not heard recently. Thank you for posting!

I feel that music often speaks for us where words fail us. I feel the music helps us connect to one another in addition to photos and our written words. For me as a child I was very shy and didn't connect well with people. Music was a way to help bridge that gap to me. For me I take it personally when someone reaches out to me via music. Not everyone has this connection with music. But for me it's a part of my soul and I thank each one of you for sharing something that makes you feel good. Music is about connections. It's the one thing that has helped me improve my interpersonal skills!

A pawsitive is this morning I stepped out into the rain to watch the brook overflow out back. The roar of the water, the moist air and fluffy cat who wanted to share in the experience made me smile with delight despite being rained on.

20181103_090737.jpg

Honeybee giving me her usual glare for daring to take her picture. She's underneath the deck with the burning bush shrub legs in front of her.

20181103_090812.jpg

20181103_090750.jpg

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, this is really true: as often as you can, remember to love, to hug, and to often speak to the people in your life whom you love the most. Listen and be supportive of them as well. Two days ago, my mom fell and painfully hurt several parts of her body, but the pawsitives are that she broke no bones, my dad was home at the time (I and my siblings live in states different from my parents' state in the USA), and that she was able to come home from the hospital last night. And that they found a painkiller that can help her out for a while. I love my parents!
:redheartpump:

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine What a delightful picture of Mrs. Fox! How did you get the medicine into the fox? I assume by food? Or does she let you pet her? She's beautiful and thank you for caring for the animals who cruise through your yard.
foxxycat foxxycat - Yep - the Ivermectin is set up in thirteen doses, added to half a can of dog food. Years ago, the Family of foxes had sarcoptic mange, and my vet set up a program which, once carried through, saved six of seven affected foxes - five doses, three days apart; five doses, five days apart, and three maintenance doses, ten days apart.

The original territory holder and I got close enough that she'd come to the back door just before dusk, and we'd walk back to the feeding station - a third of a mile back across the lawn - together. I could scratch her behind the ears while she ate, and we'd often sit together a few minutes and watch the stars come out before we went out separate ways.

They're not only beautiful, they're incredibly beneficial to gardeners. Cross the road here, and you'll hear complaints from every homeowner about voles in their gardens eating everything in sight - it's Vole Heaven on the 'dry side' of the road. Voles (and chipmunks) are foxes' subsistence prey here in the Northeast, and I think I've seen four here in sixteen years. Foxie-Foxie gets the rest - and manages to keep the grey squirrel population in check as well - an enormous positive in my book.

You know, this is really true: as often as you can, remember to love, to hug, and to often speak to the people in your life whom you love the most. Listen and be supportive of them as well. Two days ago, my mom fell and painfully hurt several parts of her body, but the pawsitives are that she broke no bones, my dad was home at the time (I and my siblings live in states different from my parents' state in the USA), and that she was able to come home from the hospital last night. And that they found a painkiller that can help her out for a while. I love my parents!
:redheartpump:

Have a great weekend, everyone!
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws - Absolutely true. Shane Kent Shane Kent and 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 and foxxycat foxxycat and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and tinydestroyer tinydestroyer and @raysmyheart - and others whom I've failed to mention - remind us often in this thread to remember to Love and to keep Friends close. Here's a wish and a Prayer for your Mom's quick and complete recovery from her fall.

Pawsitive: I've made a great number of Friends here on TCS in just under two years - folks with whom I chat on the telephone, exchange little favours and gifts and joys, and whose 'long-distance' company I genuinely enjoy - not simply because they Love cats, but because they Love Life in its every facet.

Status
Not open for further replies.