The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom - I thought I was decently strong because I can lift up a preschooler throwing a temper tantrum and move them away from where others can be harmed, but apparently squatting with a 45lb bar is a different story, lol! It'll be good to feel stronger, though, and have an easier time carrying heavy objects in my day to day life.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 thank you so much for the well wishes!

Lari Lari that's awesome about the weightlifting! Soon, you'll start to feel stronger as everyday things become easier. Just keep pushing yourself based off your own progress, and not anyone else's strengths, and you'll never be a weakling! :cheerleader:

Second PAWsitive: after a long nap, I now get a cozy evening of homemade chicken noodle soup, and mystery science theater 3000. And alternately checking TCS and pretending to decorate my future Arts and Crafts or American Foursquare house with vintage reproduction tiles and wallpapers. Of course, we haven't found one yet. But house hunting has to have some fun parts!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Second PAWsitive: after a long nap, I now get a cozy evening of homemade chicken noodle soup, and mystery science theater 3000.
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Oh, I just love Crow T. Robot! What the heck is MST3K?

It's a lovely night here, with the rain now subsiding after having been gracious enough to hold off until I'd finished the lawn and dinner this afternoon. August is so polite and charming; WHY CAN'T YOU OTHER MONTHS BE LIKE AUGUST???????!!!!!!!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - They're stunning, but this is the first time I've ever in my Life seen more than a single pair together. Scarlet Tanagers, Hummingbirds and Monarchs this Summer have been incredibly saturated - certainly far more plentiful than I've seen in past years - and R raysmyheart has reported Red and Purple Finches and butterflies in glorious abundance this year in Massachusetts. I don't know the reasons, but I surely hope the trend continues.
The red and purple finches have indeed been here in abundance this year at the feeder. I have never seen so many as this year 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and many butterflies, also, for sure. Funny and very interesting how the birds that I remember seeing very frequently when I was younger are not as frequent visitors these days and the reverse can be true. One will also notice wildflowers and shrubs appear in areas where they never made much of an appearance before. Of course, this leads me to wonder if the two phenomena are related.

As for Scarlet Tanagers, I think I may have had the pleasure of spotting one or two over the years, their coloration is delightful, that is why I will never forget them. To see them with such frequency 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine must certainly be a treasure. The few times I did see them was in Springtime, always in the apple trees near my property.

As mentioned, butterflies here were very plentiful and here are a few pictures I recorded this Summer.
20180720_164223.jpg 20180720_164445.jpg 20180720_163338-1.jpg This closeup of a butterfly looks like an airplane!

Lari Lari , Wishing you and your students a wonderful school year ahead.:geekcat:

Wishing everyone a happy Sunday!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As mentioned, butterflies here were very plentiful and here are a few pictures I recorded this Summer.
View attachment 249716 View attachment 249717 View attachment 249718 This closeup of a butterfly looks like an airplane!

Lari Lari , Wishing you and your students a wonderful school year ahead.:geekcat:

Wishing everyone a happy Sunday!
R raysmyheart - The Regal Fritillary coming in for a landing, and then poised on the Thistle is just fabulous - real National Geographic class shooting!

Maybe if every one of us devoted a small patch as a butterfly garden, we'd continue to see a resurgence in these lovely and fragile creatures.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart - The Regal Fritillary coming in for a landing, and then poised on the Thistle is just fabulous - real National Geographic class shooting!

Maybe if every one of us devoted a small patch as a butterfly garden, we'd continue to see a resurgence in these lovely and fragile creatures.
I was glad to hear the name of this butterfly that I spotted and photographed 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , The Regal Fritillary. I have just read some facts on this creature and am very surprised to learn that it is becoming increasingly rare in the Eastern United States where I am. A spot in the garden devoted to plants attractive to butterflies would certainly help with the preservation of Regals and it is most interesting that I found these butterflies in a pasture very heavy with thistle and milkweed. Very paw-sitive for sure are all the posters here that have a passion for flowers and gardening as I have witnessed over these past few months, all the beautiful photos of flowers shared on this thread!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Meet my friend! Whistle!
Oh! I know that kitty!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

The foot still hurts but I found a fairly decent foot surgeon to help me get active again. The closest I could get was Sept. 13th. So for now I try to sit as much as possible and at night keep my foot on ice.
I hope they get that sorted out for you soon. You've had loads of trouble with that foot, haven't you?

This is where I was before going home.
Beautiful! Makes me want to dive right in

We got some vintage horses for my niece for Christmas
*gasp* Are they Breyer horses? I used to have some of those when I was a kid. I always wanted a real pony, but riding lessons and a collection of Breyer horses was the next best thing.

My Positive is that, even though we had another typhoon last week and a load of trees came down in the wind, the enclosure fence and the house were OK. Thank you, big old trees, for not landing on me.

:cloud9:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent --I really like that kitty painting! Where are you going to hang it?
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --You're really obsessed with August! If you don't write that poem, maybe I should. I still think some of the rhyming words I suggested could work. You don't have to rhyme the whole word, just that last part.
Lari Lari --Yeah, it's about time for me to dust off the treadmill & weights again too. I won't be lifting 100 pound weights like @foxxycat though. Mine are only 3 pounds. What the heck were you thinking girl?
Funny positive story, my grandma gave me my first treadmill, but it was the cheap kind. I used it so much that it almost caught fire! I guess the motor blew up and the whole room filled with smoke! My new treadmill is really nice. I got a professional one like they use in the gym. I can use it as much as I want and no chance of blowing up. I think...:):crossfingers: Song of the day below for @foxxycat since she's in love with Sting:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --You're really obsessed with August! If you don't write that poem, maybe I should. I still think some of the rhyming words I suggested could work.
M maggiedemi - "Frog nest?" "Blogfest?" "Dog vest?"

It's no wonder, after so long a drought and so much truly hot weather (for this part of the world, at any rate) that August's abundant rain and cooler temperatures are so welcome. It's amazing how different one feels when the landscape is once again lush and verdant (yes - that does sound like a stand-up comedy team comprising a drunkard and a Martian) - especially when the lawn's cut and trimmed.

;)

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have been lucky this August, with very mild weather in the late 60's / early 70's. A few of my coworkers will be moving on to bigger and better things, so they are throwing a little get together tonight. I might stop by after work (depending on how much more swollen my face gets, and how long they stay out.) Still, even if I can't make it, it's nice to be invited - a very PAWsitive feeling to be friends with your coworkers. A lot of us are leaving this job in fairly quick succession. Though I worry about my bosses, I'm sure they'll be ok. I also wish the best for everyone moving on!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - sure, sure. Crow is the best robot, obviously. The real question: who is the best host?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh M maggiedemi What precious memories you have stirred in me with your post! Cheb Mami is one of my favorite artists, one of the greatest of the Rai singers. And do any of you know what a desert rose is? They are amazing and fascinating! I have a small one which is not so beautiful, but I love it. Thank you for sharing that! It's a disappointing video for me (I've never seen it before) with the references to Vegas, gambling etc., but made for the western audiences, I understand. The song itself is so poetic and conjures up such beautiful images for me, old memories cherished and somewhat sad because they are no longer.
As a butterfly (moth, dinosaur, horse, cat...) nerd in my childhood, I still love all the butterfly (horse, cat) talk!
Oh, almost forgot -- member of the TCS weighlifting club, as well! It's a part of my life 4-5 times a week, and part of my regular workout.
And 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , don't dare say "yes" or I predict you will have more of us than you can handle descending upon your beautiful property to...uh...feed the Snowshoe. :kneading:

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll feed the Snow Shoe.
Heh, feeding the snowshoe should automatically get you/anybody default rights to the pool, the fridge, the freezer plus all those pints of ice cream and quarts of blueberries LOL

Just spent some time in the basement on my faux half racquetball court, working out some major frustrations. W-A-Y better than just lifting weights :thumbsup:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - sure, sure. Crow is the best robot, obviously. The real question: who is the best host?
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Svengoolie!!!

;)

It is just gorgeous here this afternoon. In the shrub border between the lawn and the naturalised area leading into the woods at the high bank, I counted sixteen Monarchs just now in the space of perhaps three minutes. Orange Milkweed's (Asclepias tuberosa) common name - Butterfly Bush - is absolutely on point!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I will hang it in the cat room. I have a large carpeted cat structure at the height of the window in the room. It is the room we used for Zoe’s slow introduction to Taz then later Kitty and Rusty.

I went to the other flea market I discovered and they didn’t have much. Good prices though.
5BAA99F3-5347-4618-ACF1-9F0CAA539CAA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.