The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat thanks for sharing! I had never heard of that artist before, so always fun to hear something new! I agree about the country music of the last couple decades being lyrically less narrative, and sounding generally a lot like pop. I hate to be one of those "new country isn't country enough!" people, because I know the genre has seen its fair share of that every time a new evolution comes along, (almost every decade,) but I'm just not into it. The first song you posted took place on a rodeo circuit, but the meaning was much more complex than just pandering to people who like rodeos. Anyway, thanks for the new artist to check out!

As for the floral front, it seems that "ask and ye shall recieve," is the motto for spring. Only a couple days ago, I was wishing my roses or hydrangeas would pop up, and here:
IMG_9758.JPG

Pom Pom flowers abound in the backyard this morning! PAWsitively beautiful!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer -- enjoy! Yeah, those are my favorites there, too.
foxxycat foxxycat --thanks so much for sharing. Ain't that the truth as to "All That Glitters Is Not Gold"!!!
Shane Kent Shane Kent -- that's a great little unpainted Maneki-Neko!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine It's so great to keep the childlike spirit, isn't it? I've fought hard to keep mine. As long as one has that, one always has hope, and love, and all the other good stuff, IMHO
And neely neely -- what great PAWSitive news! :yess::lovecat4:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for the floral front, it seems that "ask and ye shall receIve," is the motto for spring. Only a couple days ago, I was wishing my roses or hydrangeas would pop up, and here:
View attachment 228854

Pom Pom flowers abound in the backyard this morning! PAWsitively beautiful!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Fabulous photo! Another one of those, "perspective shots," that really stand out.

USER=117447]@1CatOverTheLine[/USER] It's so great to keep the childlike spirit, isn't it? I've fought hard to keep mine. As long as one has that, one always has hope, and love, and all the other good stuff, IMHO
And neely neely -- what great PAWSitive news! :yess::lovecat4:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Absolutely true, as long as we're mature enough to know the difference between, "childlike," and, "childish." I'd like to think that I ha

Moooooommmmm! Moo Shu's biting me again! Mom! Mooooommmmm!

Just a færietale day out there today. The whole world is greening up so quickly that it's difficult to comprehend. Gotta get out there and just watch it happen!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Fabulous photo! Another one of those, "perspective shots," that really stand out.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Absolutely true, as long as we're mature enough to know the difference between, "childlike," and, "childish." I'd like to think that I ha

Moooooommmmm! Moo Shu's biting me again! Mom! Mooooommmmm!

Just a færietale day out there today. The whole world is greening up so quickly that it's difficult to comprehend. Gotta get out there and just watch it happen!
Sounds like The Mighty Moosh likes to help you keep things in proper PURRspective :shocked: Our beloved Sishya never bit, that I can recall, but our beloved Birman princess Tashi was "the mighty biter" when it came time to clip her scimitars, I mean, claws.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive #1 - Work bought lunch today :)

Positive #2 - Storage unit manager waived the $24 admin fee

Positive #3 - With all the stress and aggravation I'm being put through with the expedited move, I decided to treat myself to custom made address labels with a picture of my two Shepherds as the photo on the label for the farm address :) Guess I need to order some new checks also, with the new address also, and no longer have my ex's name included on them.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive #1 - Work bought lunch today :)

Positive #2 - Storage unit manager waived the $24 admin fee

Positive #3 - With all the stress and aggravation I'm being put through with the expedited move, I decided to treat myself to custom made address labels with a picture of my two Shepherds as the photo on the label for the farm address :) Guess I need to order some new checks also, with the new address also, and no longer have my ex's name included on them.
Been there, done that on most of the above -- wishing you and your loved ones all the best in your new life/place!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Thank you for sharing :) I won't see anything like that in person for several weeks with the way the spring has been here in Ontario, Canada.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I didn't know what I had, thanks for the info. I wonder if the Maneki-Neko is still considered lucky if not painted, I read online it is supposed to represent a calico cat. Then again, I guess I only need one luck seeing Princess Kitty is indeed a living, breathing calico.

I spent time during the week gradually getting all the old chrome off the other kitty find I posted. I finished today and had one of the guys I work with take it home to tape and paint it. The eyes and tail are bronze so he will tape them before painting. He will do a better job than I would do so I am rather happy about it. He has far more experience in spray painting than I do.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - It was a beautiful day in Ottawa today. The mud is thick and almost dried out but now we are in for a weekend of rain. Oh well, the Pawsitive side of things is I will get a nice chrome kitty cat on Monday

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_2905.JPG
IMG_2920.JPG
*this one directly above is an antique*
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Thank you for sharing :) I won't see anything like that in person for several weeks with the way the spring has been here in Ontario, Canada.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I didn't know what I had, thanks for the info. I wonder if the Maneki-Neko is still considered lucky if not painted, I read online it is supposed to represent a calico cat. Then again, I guess I only need one luck seeing Princess Kitty is indeed a living, breathing calico.

I spent time during the week gradually getting all the old chrome off the other kitty find I posted. I finished today and had one of the guys I work with take it home to tape and paint it. The eyes and tail are bronze so he will tape them before painting. He will do a better job than I would do so I am rather happy about it. He has far more experience in spray painting than I do.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - It was a beautiful day in Ottawa today. The mud is thick and almost dried out but now we are in for a weekend of rain. Oh well, the Pawsitive side of things is I will get a nice chrome kitty cat on Monday
Shane Kent Shane Kent -- yes indeed, you have a very PAWSitive cat -- you beloved calico, and now, the Maneki-neko, too! The latter come in various colors, actually -- each color and which paw(s) is/are raised have different significance. Traditionally, you would see a lot of "three-color" (calico) cats in this form as they are considered especially lucky. But there are black ones, golden ones, red ones, even purple ones and pink ones now. Yours looks as if it has been glazed and fired, but no idea why, since they are always painted, to my knowledge. You can read all about Maneki-neko by searching the name. They have a fascinating history. I'm pretty sure Norachan Norachan could give some input on this, as well. I have a collection of these, dating back to childhood. Here are a few:
010.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG
014.JPG
015.JPG

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I was going to say that's a very nice Maneki Neko. A beckoning cat that is supposed to attract customers, and so more income and good fortune, to your home or business.

The big beckoning cat in tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 post above has the kanji "fuku", which means Luck on his belly and the words for Safe Home/Family down the left. The words at the top mean something like Big Money, I think.

That's quite an impressive collection Tarasgirl!

They do come in all colours and you can buy unpainted ones, usually with a set of low-temp firing colours, so you can paint your own. I guess this one has lost his colours. If you know anyone with a kiln you could paint him yourself Shane Kent Shane Kent There is a cafe in Tokyo where people go to paint their own designs on blank white cats, looks like they're just using felt tipped pens..

Design Your Own Maneki Neko in Sendagi!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a cafe in Tokyo where people go to paint their own designs on blank white cats, looks like they're just using felt tipped pens.

Norachan Norachan - The article says they use Tombow Playcolor 2 water based permanent markers:

プレイカラー2 - Google Search

Sounds like a nice afternoon for fifteen bucks, including a beverage!

A really lovely day here, with the temperature even just now, at nine o'clock, dipping into the fifties. The rain has worked its magic on the spot-seeding in the lawn, and one more good rain should bring everything up. Thankfully, the Weather Scheduling Færies have ordered showers for tomorrow, and temperatures in the sixties for the following days, and I might have at least a few cherry trees in blossom within a week to ten days' time. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to say that's a very nice Maneki Neko. A beckoning cat that is supposed to attract customers, and so more income and good fortune, to your home or business.

The big beckoning cat in tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 post above has the kanji "fuku", which means Luck on his belly and the words for Safe Home/Family down the left. The words at the top mean something like Big Money, I think.

That's quite an impressive collection Tarasgirl!

They do come in all colours and you can buy unpainted ones, usually with a set of low-temp firing colours, so you can paint your own. I guess this one has lost his colours. If you know anyone with a kiln you could paint him yourself Shane Kent Shane Kent There is a cafe in Tokyo where people go to paint their own designs on blank white cats, looks like they're just using felt tipped pens..

Design Your Own Maneki Neko in Sendagi!
Thank you for all the wonderful information, Norachan Norachan -- and "BIG" is just about my favorite of all my collection, because he reminds me so much of my beloved angel TOMO-TAISHO, who was large in every way -- physically and personality -- and whom I inherited, along with his beloved, our angel Kinoko-chan -- from a dear friend who took her own life. If Tomo could have been morphed into a Maneki-neko, he would have been that one.
Thanks for compliments -- I've been collecting since I was small. The black, gold, etc., ones together on one shelf, and the antique one, belonged to my mom.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 your collection is amazing! I appreciate learning about the Maneki-neko too! I got Mog a lucky cat bell for his collar, but I don't have any statuettes. I'll be in the lookout for one now; we could all use a little more luck!
IMG_9696.JPG

I absolutely love learning about new things. This thread never disappoints in terms of that. I love all the PAWsitive and interesting contributions!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine You can always tell my perspective shots because they are way lower in perspective than many others might be! I should do a photo series called "perspectives at 5 feet" and you should make one entitled "nom nom: bites to show mom"

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
A lovely day this Saturday! Jon amd I went to Dunkin donuts to meet up with retirees from work and have a good chit chat session.

Jon dug out my bike thats been in the shed for 15? Years and it is working like I just purchased it. I took it for a small ride. All gears work. Everything shifts like it's supposed to. Sprayed some lubricant on the moving parts and pumped up tires. Ready to roll!
20180428_112210.jpg

It wouldn't upload the other photo i took...but I am very impressed with Shimano parts!

Once cats go outside for a bit going to take a ride.

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yay! They finally got the mailbag from last week uploaded! Now fair warning this is long, a little over 2 hours long. Most weeks they will have a mailbag on Saturday when fans will send in letters (sometimes with drawings from kids who watch :) love those) and gifts, though recently they have asked that the gifts be for cats and not people, but the fans don’t always listen (not that I blame them, I love giving gifts). Most of the gifts go to the kittens on the stream for what they call their endowment bags that go home with the adopters, but some are for the kitten rooms, or just any kitten (which sometimes go to other fosters). This was the mailbag for the stream’s 2 year celebration, it’s actually one part of two, the second one is all the letters and should be uploaded soon if anyone is interested.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Mog looks like a Maneki-neko with that very cute collar bell! How adorable.
Desertmouse Desertmouse Can't wait to look at that! Hopeful I'll have some time this afternoon or tomorrow.
mama africa mama africa Awww, doesn't Ocha look happy! *I miss chickens:sigh:*
It's a beautiful cool day here in the Basin. Enjoyed watering the plants and looking at the yard, which looks pretty good in a "managed" way. Had a blissful 3-cat night.
The changes on the site look great, btw! :goldstar:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very sunny and warm in central Massachusetts today. The landscape is greening nicely in the past few days. Yesterday I stopped by the pond on my way home from work and spotted one swan, alone, so I stopped my car hoping to get a picture. The swan was a great distance from me but I was amazed at the speed that this wonderful swimmer came toward me. I really do not think I could have outwalked him or her. I was amazed and did not appreciate before yesterday, the speed and grace with which the swans can glide along the water. I snapped some photos and hope to upload them soon, next chance that I have, to share them here. Nevertheless, when the swan neared, of course, I said, "Hello, how are you today, Friend"? :) :tree: :daisy: :evergreen:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very sunny and warm in central Massachusetts today. The landscape is greening nicely in the past few days. Yesterday I stopped by the pond on my way home from work and spotted one swan, alone, so I stopped my car hoping to get a picture. The swan was a great distance from me but I was amazed at the speed that this wonderful swimmer came toward me. I really do not think I could have outwalked him or her. I was amazed and did not appreciate before yesterday, the speed and grace with which the swans can glide along the water. I snapped some photos and hope to upload them soon, next chance that I have, to share them here. Nevertheless, when the swan neared, of course, I said, "Hello, how are you today, Friend"? :) :tree: :daisy: :evergreen:
No excuse, R raysmyheart . Get thy lightning cable out and upload. We want to see swans. *Or even one swan.*

Status
Not open for further replies.