The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a little flea market in the town near the cottage. Post #1 of my kitty finds :) I peeled off the old chrome plating as it was not doing well. I sanded it with a fine sand paper and just a bit of chrome left on her ears and paws is being stubborn.

View attachment 228547

She will have a nice new chrome life :)

View attachment 228548
@Shane Kent -- thank you for giving her a new home and a beautiful new look! What a lovely little cat. I couldn't have resisted, either. What a PAWSitive find!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 they go between being fascinated and "ew". Because city kids, lol. It's a good experience for them. I just hope at least one comes out during the day. Last year they all left the chrysalises during the night.

Had some yummy empanadas for dinner and the bf and I signed the lease on the place we're moving into. Yay!

Edit: got home SOMEONE got into my cat event goody bag, pulled out the little vial of catnip seeds, got out the cork and managed to get them all over the floor and in her water dish. I can't even. :dizzycat:

The pawsitive is that it made me laugh.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Yesterday was a good spring day! Another bike ride! Warmer too! almost 70! We have some rain that's here for now but sunny weather will be back.

Here's Honeybee 2 years ago on this day-my Irises are just popping up from the long winter sleep.

.facebook_1524608284612.jpg

In front of that boulder was a mole hole that she was parked in front of for some time-hoping the little creature would come out to play-I didn't see her with the mole or even if it came out-but she was sitting here looking at me with her famous eye roll like MOM please STOP! :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 they go between being fascinated and "ew". Because city kids, lol. It's a good experience for them. I just hope at least one comes out during the day. Last year they all left the chrysalises during the night.

Had some yummy empanadas for dinner and the bf and I signed the lease on the place we're moving into. Yay!

Edit: got home SOMEONE got into my cat event goody bag, pulled out the little vial of catnip seeds, got out the cork and managed to get them all over the floor and in her water dish. I can't even. :dizzycat:

The pawsitive is that it made me laugh.
Now that's funny!!! We can't be mad because they are just so silly and all we can do is :lol2::lol2::lol2:.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Honeybee looks fiercely intelligent; as if she is about to speak at any moment.

A blue jay visited Luciano on the fire escape yesterday morning. I don't know how long he was there, but I saw them starting at each other for a moment & while I left to get my camera, he departed. Luciano was left staring up high, where he no doubt had his last glimpse of his new blue friend. Normally he only gets sparrows as visitors, sometimes pigeons, but I think of them more as intruders than visitors.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat Honeybee is so stunning! What a gorgeous feline!

Today I woke up extra early, so I got some gardening done. It always puts a smile on my face to do a little work with my hands before I go in to my retail job. There are some pretty weeds popping up between my rose bushes, I almost thought they were flowers that were meant to be there. I took them out anyway, because I'm hoping the roses can bloom soon! So far, other than my start-and-stop Japanese magnolia tree, and citrus fruits, all I have are weeds and this baby succulent flower:
IMG_9706.JPG

But hopefully the roses, hydrangeas, and gladiolus will come back soon!

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone, I hope everyone is having a good day! My first positive of the day just happened and I thought I would share. I had just finished breakfast after letting myself sleep in and looked out the window. Up on my neighbors room, perched on the very top we’re two pigeons grooming each other ❤. Such lovely love birds, I had never seen pigeons do that before personally, and the place they were standing made me think of them as new wed king and queen of the neighborhood birds :lol:.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

Today I woke up extra early, so I got some gardening done. It always puts a smile on my face to do a little work with my hands before I go in to my retail job. There are some pretty weeds popping up between my rose bushes, I almost thought they were flowers that were meant to be there. I took them out anyway, because I'm hoping the roses can bloom soon! So far, other than my start-and-stop Japanese magnolia tree, and citrus fruits, all I have are weeds and this baby succulent flower:
View attachment 228606
But hopefully the roses, hydrangeas, and gladiolus will come back soon!
Those are hens and chicks! Lovely looking! I can't wait to see if my butterfly bush will survive the sudden frost/snow slush we had. And can't wait to get my hands in the dirt again!

Thank you for the compliments of Bee Kitty! She's a lucky girl! We were both needing companionship and we are very blessed to have found each other! She's very unique and sometimes wonder if she should have been a dog-because she acts like a dog sometimes! My sweet girl!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer and foxxycat foxxycat Yes, they are! I have not seen these since I was small and we had some in our yard. That's what my mom called them, too. I love them! and yes, working in the earth is so much more fulfilling than "work" (though I love advocating for cats, of course! but most of what most people do for a paycheck is so unimportant, really! If it ceased to exist, who would miss it?)
Lari Lari that is so sad that anyone would be repelled by these amazing creatures. Shows how completely out of touch with reality so many in this society are. Glad, though, that some find it a very PAWSitive thing, as I do. I always loved the opportunity to see them metamorphosizing into beautiful butterflies. What could be more beautiful?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Strange weather here today. It's been misting all day - good for the lawn and plantings - and above the high bank, in the garden beds and across the lawn, the light seems perfectly normal:

daffodils.jpg

In the woods, and below the bank, however, the light changes - refracted and reflected back through the droplets of mist:

rivermisty.jpg

Spotted this morning: six Bufflehead Ducks, a pair of Mute Swans, a Great Blue Heron and several Lesser Green Herons at the water's edge.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Positive moment of what has been an absolutely crud-tastic day?

A delivery from Harry & David of OR, 2 boxes that included cheeses, summer sausages, crackers, mustards, and other little snack items ... a thank you from our corporate office during Secretary's Week. We each got a set of boxes.

Must say my new job has been a positive change as well! The lady I share my office with told me that we also get a spiral ham and smoked turkey mailed to our homes for Christmas from corporate.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine SO beautiful! Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers. Misty weather is my favorite. And it sounds like a bird Paradise there!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - You'd be a little disappointed here right now; our March cold snap set things back a solid two weeks. This bed at the head of the path into the woods is usually so rife with daffodils this time of year that they are - literally - all you can see. Right now, they're just coming into flower:

daffodilbed.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - You'd be a little disappointed here right now; our March cold snap set things back a solid two weeks. This bed at the head of the path into the woods is usually so rife with daffodils this time of year that they are - literally - all you can see. Right now, they're just coming into flower:

View attachment 228633
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Notatall! It's just gorgeous if that pic is anything to go by. Thanks so much for sharing!
My neighbors put in xerigraphic landscape yesterday -- gravel (pebbles) with some beautiful little cacti and grasses. This is the kind of yard I want. I'm hoping for it in future, if the funding for the incentive program picks me up. We are in reclaimed desert, after all, and desert is my favorite topography.
tara g tara g Awww, that must have made you happy! I used to order H&D for my dad for special occasions. Really beautiful high-quality fruits.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine *ROFLMOTO* :crackup::lolup: Yeah, ya don't want to step on one of those gush-bombs in the middle of the night! *or any other time, for that matter* and yeah, I miss seeing the Milky Way. Since I'm extremely lactose intolerant and so are most cats, we just don't see anything to do with milk now. :flail:It's really PAWSitive that some areas of the planet realize the benefits of keeping light pollution at bay. I never really knew there WAS a night sky until I lived in the Mojave.
Try the lactose free milk, it tastes just like regular milk with perhaps a little bit of a sweet taste to it. Breyer's also has lactose free ice cream - vanilla and chocolate. You can also chew a lactase enzyme supplement before eating anything with milk in it, it will keep you from having the rumbles, gas and diarrhea, I've been using that when going out to eat and indulge in Breyer's and lactose free milk for years. Cats can drink it also with no problem, there is "kitty milk" but that is just the same as lactose free milk for humans so save your money there.
When I first moved to CA from TX of all places I did not think I would see stars with all the lights but found out that if you just step into a dark backyard you can still see stars, perhaps not as many but the Milky Way and the well known constellations like the Big Dipper are still quite visible. Where I live in Southern Orange County where everything is built up and lights are all around they are all required to be aimed downwards to keep the sky dark and not confuse birds which fly more at night than during the day, particularly the ones that migrate. The astronomy club here goes to the highest point of Laguna Woods where there is a clubhouse and thus a parking lot with lights. During the summer the club has "Star Parties" where various astronomy clubs bring their telescopes of various sizes, the lights get turned off in the parking lot and the telescopes are aimed at different parts of the sky. Last summer we saw the space station going overhead with bare eyes as the sun was hitting the space station and down here it was very dark, with flashlights allowed only with red filters on them so people's night vision would not be impaired. There are still lights farther away but you can still see plenty of stars. I can see the Milky Way from my second floor patio anytime it is not overcast. Just go where you don't have lights shining directly in your eyes and you should be able to see stars. Backyards and alleys should suffice.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try the lactose free milk, it tastes just like regular milk with perhaps a little bit of a sweet taste to it. Breyer's also has lactose free ice cream - vanilla and chocolate. You can also chew a lactase enzyme supplement before eating anything with milk in it, it will keep you from having the rumbles, gas and diarrhea, I've been using that when going out to eat and indulge in Breyer's and lactose free milk for years. Cats can drink it also with no problem, there is "kitty milk" but that is just the same as lactose free milk for humans so save your money there.
When I first moved to CA from TX of all places I did not think I would see stars with all the lights but found out that if you just step into a dark backyard you can still see stars, perhaps not as many but the Milky Way and the well known constellations like the Big Dipper are still quite visible. Where I live in Southern Orange County where everything is built up and lights are all around they are all required to be aimed downwards to keep the sky dark and not confuse birds which fly more at night than during the day, particularly the ones that migrate. The astronomy club here goes to the highest point of Laguna Woods where there is a clubhouse and thus a parking lot with lights. During the summer the club has "Star Parties" where various astronomy clubs bring their telescopes of various sizes, the lights get turned off in the parking lot and the telescopes are aimed at different parts of the sky. Last summer we saw the space station going overhead with bare eyes as the sun was hitting the space station and down here it was very dark, with flashlights allowed only with red filters on them so people's night vision would not be impaired. There are still lights farther away but you can still see plenty of stars. I can see the Milky Way from my second floor patio anytime it is not overcast. Just go where you don't have lights shining directly in your eyes and you should be able to see stars. Backyards and alleys should suffice.
TYSM for that! Even the lactose pills don't help and though of course the taste and texture of ice cream is so delicious, I don't really miss it. Baby cows are the only ones who should have cows' milk. I used to sometimes get soy-based ice cream and mochi, which is rice-based. These days, fruit satisfies my "sweets" needs, with occasional bits of dark chocolate.
We're from TX on my dad's side -- a lot of us used to live in and around Dallas/Ft. Worth area. A beautiful state! You don't happen to just love Waylon, do you? I know I do!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 228606
But hopefully the roses, hydrangeas, and gladiolus will come back soon![/QUOT

@tinydestroyer , I love this succulent flower you have posted with the wine-colored stems and raspberry flowers!

Strange weather here today. It's been misting all day - good for the lawn and plantings - and above the high bank, in the garden beds and across the lawn, the light seems perfectly normal:

View attachment 228624

In the woods, and below the bank, however, the light changes - refracted and reflected back through the droplets of mist:

View attachment 228626

Spotted this morning: six Bufflehead Ducks, a pair of Mute Swans, a Great Blue Heron and several Lesser Green Herons at the water's edge.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , the little periwinkle flowers just before the river are wonderful! Those are certainly special visitors to the water you spotted today. Awesome!

Tonight it is misty as I arrive home from work and slightly foggy. Tonight is the first night this season that I have heard the wonderful chorus of what I believe are crickets! Very wonderful indeed!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 im a Texan, although I live in CA right now, and I do love me some Waylon, willie and the boys! You're so right about working with the hands, too. It makes the transient work I do during the day that much more bearable.

Night time PAWSITIVE is that I found out I'll have this Saturday off work! I've been covering a lot of shifts lately, which is good for my bank account, but getting tiring with all the OT. This Sat I was supposed to cover for someone again, but their plans fell through. So, I can catch up on some much needed kitty cuddles!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 im a Texan, although I live in CA right now, and I do love me some Waylon, willie and the boys!
Luckenbach?

Sorry, tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - that was irresistible. As for Kitty Cuddles, if I got paid for that, I'd be on Quadruple Overtime.

"Seven and a half cents doesn't buy a heck of a lot,
Seven and a half cents doesn't mean a thing;
But give it to me every hour,
Forty hours every week,
And that's enough for me to be livin' like a king!"

The fog is so dense here tonight that it's nearly impenetrable. The landscape looked positively lush at sunset tonight, and the two days' rain have already wrought changes everywhere. Don't blink - here comes Summer!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I'm glad someone took the bait! Make fun of me all you want, but I wouldn't mind Luckenbach - or anywhere in the Texas Hill Country, for that matter! Many of the happy, PAWsitive things we talk about here are to be found in abundance in ol TX:
- blue bell ice cream is obviously the best in the world! For those of us who are lactose intolerant, their sherbet can't be beat, either!
- Lots of great live music, especially in Austin
- beautiful Texas wildflowers blooming in Spring
IMG_9743.JPG

What more could you want?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I had to take two surrendered tom cats to the vet's early this morning to be castrated. One is friendly, but we were trying to figure out how to get the other into a carrier and finally decided it would be easiest for me to slide a duvet cover over the empty litter box he's been hiding in and take the whole box. Nobody else is at the shelter to help that early in the morning. Whew! He ran into the cover while I was putting it over the box, so it was just a matter of putting the cat and cover in a large carrier. :dancingblackcat:

Status
Not open for further replies.