The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@jcat -- So GLAD you got to see "KEDI" -- isn't it the most beautiful film? I agree about spaying/neutering, of course, and I believe cats should have indoor-only, safe, healthy lives, but that doesn't take away from the luminous beauty of the film or the love the cats and people share. I wish everyone could see this very special film.
Shane Kent Shane Kent -- GORGEOUS photos! Thank you for sharing with us!
AmyTheKittyMommy AmyTheKittyMommy -- who wouldn't LOVE that little fox?! You really have a lot of talent and a real insight into your subjects.
Meanwhile, here I am "praying at the church of Bill Gates" with a tortoiseshell laptop, a tuxedo curled beside us, and a very sweet, affectionate blue/cream guy at large in the house. Soon he will come in to start reminding me that it's been a few hours since breakfast and do I KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? ;)

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
It is so cold today, under 20F for the high. I took Luciano to the groomery to get his claws cut, but they wouldn't do it because he didn't have FIV vaccination. He hates his carrier so much, but the pawsitive in the situation was he saw a bunch of birds up close as we walked the seven blocks to and from and he had a trip in the carrier without a traumatic experience in the middle so maybe he'll be better at it in the future.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ileen ileen -- have you got cat claw clipping scissors? I do the clipping at home -- less stress and no travelling. Some cats are amenable to this, and others aren't -- but IMHO it's worth a try if you haven't yet. My Tarifa used to be quite scared of getting her claws clipped, so I just let her hone her claws on any of the many scratching posts/pads we have here; but she's become more calm about it and lets me clip her front claws fairly easily now.
Hoping we can get those posts and make 2,000! Yes, WE CAN! :yess:
IMG_0328.JPG

Tarifa "reading the paper"

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The DH and I felt very happy with ourselves yesterday... shopping on Dec. 26th is always great, especially getting things at 75% discount.
:bliss:

Also, it's less stress shopping then and we have lots of fun eating out, and talking.
(DH is a retired chef from long ago, but he shouldn't have to cook at home every day, should he?!;) )

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’m feeling pawsitive that I’m improving at sculpting. Of course, I have many failed and mediocre projects I’ve made as I’m learning, but the only way to learn is to try! I’ve been practicing by making gifts for family and friends, and the fox figurine I made my friend turned out nicely, I think. It’s the first one I’ve ever painted, and though I did smudge the paint a bit by the tail, she loves it and that’s all that matters.
View attachment 211664 View attachment 211663 View attachment 211666
That’s beautiful! Great job! Very professional-looking. I’ve never tried sculpting, but I have a lot to do as it is, and besides, I wouldn’t have enough patience anyway. ;)

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm taking care of a friend's cats while she's away for Christmas. One is very friendly, but the other is shy and has never let me pet her (she runs away from everyone, my friend included). Yesterday, I was playing with her using a wand toy, and she came and sat on my feet!

macmadame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats got a heated cat bed for Christmas! Well, technically it's a dog bed. I wanted one that the two cats who like to snuggle together could fit on. So I ordered size large. OMG, this thing is SO BIG. All 3 cats and the dog could fit on it! (TBF, the dog is smaller than the cats.)

This always happens to me when I buy things online. I guestimate the size and then it's way bigger when it comes. LOL

I also got a new cat carrier and one of the cats thinks it's a bed. Maybe that means it will be easier to get her into it when she next goes to the vet!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ileen ileen -- Yes and that's what I'd be very concerned about, personally. Experts say to try to clip one or two claws at a time when the cat is relaxed and lying down, working up gradually, and to give treats when the cat allows clipping of any claws.
Cleaning day here. Gradual, due to my temperamental vacuum, but it's getting done. Enjoying a nice sunny slightly warm but not too warm day, and really exulting in Elvis being "at large" in the house. Today he came into the office while Tarifa and Suha were in here and of course Suha went ballistic and charged off to her safe zone, but it's a work in progress and I celebrate any progress made.
IMG_0131.JPG

Baby Su the Extra Cautious and Perenially Spitty Feral Kitten-Cat

Felixsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for having a site like this for cats and cat parents! Posting a pic here of my 10 and a half year old rescue tuxedo kitty, Felix.

42C4A49E-5592-4133-95FD-C976CEDF9C77.jpeg
ileen ileen -- Yes and that's what I'd be very concerned about, personally. Experts say to try to clip one or two claws at a time when the cat is relaxed and lying down, working up gradually, and to give treats when the cat allows clipping of any claws.
Cleaning day here. Gradual, due to my temperamental vacuum, but it's getting done. Enjoying a nice sunny slightly warm but not too warm day, and really exulting in Elvis being "at large" in the house. Today he came into the office while Tarifa and Suha were in here and of course Suha went ballistic and charged off to her safe zone, but it's a work in progress and I celebrate any progress made. View attachment 211694
Cleaning day here. Gradual, due to my temperamental vacuum, but it's getting done. Enjoying a nice sunny slightly warm but not too warm day, and really exulting in Elvis being "at large" in the house. Today he came into the office while Tarifa and Suha were in here and of course Suha went ballistic and charged off to her safe zone, but it's a work in progress and I celebrate any progress made. View attachment 211694

Ohhhh your kitty looks so much like my Felix!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I spent my target gift card on some cat scratcher houses for my guys and a few toys. Then I went to petsmart and got small dog beds (what do the cats care) for 3.50 each! I bought I think it was 10 of them, and 2 big beds for my pit bulls. Of coarse there were a butt ton of toys from there too that were on sale after the holiday. I got some blankets and memory foam rugs for them at Wal-Mart for 2.50 and mom got a wax melter! I would say it was a great shopping trip and they definitely came out ahead!

ahunter

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yesterday my former feral cat decided to start sleeping in our bedroom. (This is not a photo of our bedroom but it's one of my favorite photos of Bootsie!) I love every new step she takes in trust!

cAT.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday my former feral cat decided to start sleeping in our bedroom. (This is not a photo of our bedroom but it's one of my favorite photos of Bootsie!) I love every new step she takes in trust!
So fine! (Just a heads-up because someone on the site did this for me. Your Bootsie's tag has your info on it. Just letting you know it's visible.)

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Former feral cats are the best, especially if you can get them at the right time and place. I am thankful mine were young and no bad people to screw up my experience. I love Kitty and Rusty and get more than twice the love back.

Status
Not open for further replies.