The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Happy Wednesday To You and Yours, both large And small! Hope no one is tired of leftovers and everyone were good boys and girls! I KEPT everything hidden FROM the monkeys and safe from being unwrapped like what usually happens EVERY YEAR!!
Woke this morning with a voice one of MARGE SIMPSONS sister's very manly due to a very sore throat and puffy glands, oh boy!! Heres to an EXTREMELY SHORT, COLD, FLU, BRONCHITUS AND PNEUMONIA SEASON ♡♡

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So happy to be home early, cooking French onion soup with gruyere grilled cheese sandwiches, and generally being cozy. Got some bone broth as a treat for the pets, (even though they still have a ton of treats from Santa,) 'cause soup is a dish best shared with loved ones.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so excited that we're so close to 2000 posts! I'm about to enjoy a glass of wine since I don't have to teach tomorrow! (I love my students, but the break is really nice. Especially the sleeping past 6a.m. part)

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Birds are coming and going to the bird feeder, it is SOOOO cold today. When Speedy sees the Red Cardinal, she does her "trilling". It sounds so cute. The squirrels, she just watches, I think she can just can't believe all their antics!
How cool! My kitties (and I,) got a clear acrylic bird feeder which attaches to the window for Christmas so that we can watch birds, too. There haven't been any visitors yet, but the instructions mentioned it may take some time for them to find it. Do you recall how long it took for birds to come to your feeder when you started?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bird feeder sounds like a great idea. I might get one for my babies to watch during the day while I'm at work! I had one at one time but it broke and I completely forgot to replace it. I can't wait til it' warm again.. on a good not bob loved the scratcher house, and the dogs are all chewing away on their bones. There are beds all over the house now and u can find random cats anywhere now lol

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How cool! My kitties (and I,) got a clear acrylic bird feeder which attaches to the window for Christmas so that we can watch birds, too. There haven't been any visitors yet, but the instructions mentioned it may take some time for them to find it. Do you recall how long it took for birds to come to your feeder when you started?
Hi, tinydestroyer tinydestroyer ! The birdfeeder you mention sounds awesome! Mine is set up on the porch, hanging from a hook and it gets lots of visitors. I'm not sure how long it will take for birds to come to your location, but once they come, they are so thankful for food, they will definitely be back! Maybe you could put some bird seed a little further out, say on the lawn, that is if it's possible and it might help attract them to the area. Then they can spot the feeder at the window. Sometimes when I run out and skip a day feeding them, it will take them maybe a whole day to come back again. I don't know why, exactly. Birds are super-special creatures. :daisy::evergreen::daisy::evergreen::daisy::evergreen::daisy:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I had one hanging outside out for a while until the neighbor downstairs complained and said the dropped bird seed was drawing rats! It took the birds just a few hours to find the feeder. I also have a hummingbird feeder (no complaints about that) and it takes them about 20 minutes to find when it has just been replenished. Not at this time of year, they need to fly south and would hang around as long as there is food and then die because of the cold. When I see them again in the spring, like March, I'll fill it again and hang it outside the patio windows.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you @jtbo and @1CatOverTheLine for your advice. I should have known you would both know how to take great snow pictures. You both get plenty of chance to practice every year. I'll soon be able to try taking some better snow shots too. No sign of any snow here yet. It's been below freezing for a while now and it's so dry the kitties give off sparks when I touch them.

My good news is that yesterday we had a guy come out to look at our septic tank (I know, country life is so glamorous, isn't it?) It wasn't cracked, as we feared, it just needed draining. So that cost us around $200 rather than $2,000 to $3,000 and took less than half an hour to do.

Only a few more days of work to get through.

:runaround:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm meeting an old friend for breakfast this morning. We worked together at the same school 21 years ago and formed a strong bond. Then both of us were transferred to different schools but we always kept in touch. She is a cancer survivor so every new year we celebrate her being in remission. :clap2: Tomorrow I'm meeting another teacher I worked with for breakfast. In case you can't tell, breakfast is my favorite meal. :wink:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I just got a message about a cat we adopted out six weeks ago. She was surrendered because she was a "problem pee-er", but showed no improper elimination at the shelter. Six weeks in, she's still using only the litter boxes in her new home. :clapcat:

One hundred posts to go till the next prize is awarded!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
@ileen @tarasgirl06 Oddly enough, today's Guardian has an article about Turks' love of cats and what the people of Istanbul are doing for the street cats now that winter is here. Turkey: where pampered cats are top dog
Speaking of Turkish cats, there are two documentaries available for free on YouTube about the two beloved Turkish breeds, the Turkish Van and the Turkish Angora, both produced by the Turkish Radio Television Corporation, but translated to English. They’re very interesting to watch, and very cute too! :happycat:

Cute videos about cats is always pawsitive! :kitty:

Status
Not open for further replies.