The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning, trying to stay PAWsitive today while I wait for news on Major Tom. He got caught between the pantry door and a couple cases of water last night and broke his canine tooth. Actually is sticking sideways out if his mouth. PAWsitive is that the emergency room vet thought it was a baby tooth. He is with our vet now to have it extracted and we'll see what she says. Staying PAWsitive that he'll do well with the anesthesia. Glad the sunshine is out today. It does help this time of year.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aislyn is playing a super Mario 64 simulation John has on his computer. Which means she's just running around but it's keeping her entertained. Which is good cuz John is still sick and I'm extra exhausted. I feel bad for parents who didn't have convenient distractions to give them breaks from chasing children when they were worn out.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning, trying to stay PAWsitive today while I wait for news on Major Tom. He got caught between the pantry door and a couple cases of water last night and broke his canine tooth. Actually is sticking sideways out if his mouth. PAWsitive is that the emergency room vet thought it was a baby tooth. He is with our vet now to have it extracted and we'll see what she says. Staying PAWsitive that he'll do well with the anesthesia. Glad the sunshine is out today. It does help this time of year.
Oh, no! Let us know how he's doing.

I just made myself some Cream of Wheat for breakfast. I saw it on the shelf at the store last week and remembered how I used to eat it all the time for breakfast as a kid so I bought myself some. Yum! :yummy:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart thanks for the tips! I'll try putting some seed a little further out to attract them...and hope my neighbors chickens don't get to it first, hehe.

@AmyTheKittyMommy once we have bird visitors, we should swap pictures of our kitties enjoying their TV...er....nature. :tree: We could even start a thread, (if there isn't one already.)

My PAWsitive experience this morning was finding more delicious-sounding recipes for using up the holiday leftovers. Sure, most of them involve some kind of awesome ham and cheese and bread concoction - like baked brie and ham pastry bites with rosemary and caramelized onion. I guess getting back on track with healthy food will have to wait till next week! :insertevillaugh:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
My cousin's husband makes great lasagna & Christmas night some of his kids were eating a late night snack & he asked if I wanted any. I said no but I'd take a piece home with me the next day (we were staying over his house). We went out to breakfast the next day & I forgot my lasagna in the fridge & was so bummed. Thankfully one of his kids was late getting up so his mom texted him to bring my lasagna to where we were meeting up with the rest of the family for breakfast (party of 32 requires a diner). He arrived with a giant tray of lasagna only partially eaten instead of my one piece, so now I have over half a tray of lasagna in my fridge & enough for probably a week's worth of dinners! Bonus score!!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I love hot cereals. Cream of wheat is an old favorite. But I'm not a huge fan of instant.
No instant! :nono: It has to be cooked. :D

My cousin's husband makes great lasagna & Christmas night some of his kids were eating a late night snack & he asked if I wanted any. I said no but I'd take a piece home with me the next day (we were staying over his house). We went out to breakfast the next day & I forgot my lasagna in the fridge & was so bummed. Thankfully one of his kids was late getting up so his mom texted him to bring my lasagna to where we were meeting up with the rest of the family for breakfast (party of 32 requires a diner). He arrived with a giant tray of lasagna only partially eaten instead of my one piece, so now I have over half a tray of lasagna in my fridge & enough for probably a week's worth of dinners! Bonus score!!
That IS a nice score. A similar thing happened to me. My stepdaughter asked me to bring lasagna to Christmas Eve dinner. I made a butternut squash one and brought it over. Turns out someone also brought lasagna, so about half of mine was left over. Yay! I brought it home and vacuumed packed it, so I'll have lasagna lunches for awhile. :yess:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you say butternut squash lasagna betsygee betsygee ? That sounds heavenly!:)
ileen ileen , I am glad you were reunited with the lasagna!:)

Any way it's made, I love lasagna, especially vegetable.

@abyeb , Speedy climbed up on my lap and settled down and was very taken in by the documentary on Angora cats. We plan to watch more later. If I didn't have to get up, I think she would still be glued to the screen. I love the Angora cats and their story is very interesting.:)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@jcat -- well, Turkish society is like every other society in that there are good, kind, gentle, generous people and then there are the opposite type, with everything in between. I have friends in Turkey and they are continually rescuing and adopting cats, many of whom have met with very bad people. It causes them no end of grief, but also much joy when they give a cat safe haven. But yes, the tradition is very much to respect, protect, and love the cat.
Emily Orson Emily Orson -- congratulations and thank you so much! Every cat deserves a loving permanent home. We'd love to see pix if you are willing to share!
SheriB SheriB -- Fino and Aggie are beautiful cats and that's a gorgeous pic! Thank you for loving and caring for them.
donnae donnae *PRAYERS* and good, healing, positive thoughts for Major Tom!!! :vibes::runningcat:
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer -- your cats are sure to love your thoughtfulness in getting a "cat TV" (bird feeder) for them :clapcat: Seed has become too expensive for me to afford any more, but we used to have several feeders going and it was great. In the Mojave, they attracted many kinds of birds and also the rabbits! Down here in L.A. Metro, we don't have wild rabbits and the array of birds is smaller, but they did always love visiting the feeders. Put one up and they will be there before you know it.
Getting CLOSE to our goal! :yess:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I managed to book DD's birthday party at a local play place the kids just love! So many things to enjoy about that... They provide the food (pizza), the fun, the goodie bags, the paper products, etc. I don't have to clean my house for company. Mooch doesn't mind parties; but Noodles will appreciate not having a bunch of kids here. It's always stressful to me having to rush Christmas things away to get birthday things up for DD. This REALLY helps! All I need to provide is the cake! :banana1:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's nice that you have a place like that. We don't. There aren't even any play places in fast food restaurants anymore. I really wish they'd get more for kids to do around here. There's a place a couple hours away that we want to take Aislyn to sometime, but with me being so close to delivering, I don't want to get that far from the hospital.

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Emily Orson Emily Orson that’s awesome! What a great Christmas present for all of you, and for the shelter workers! It’s so exciting when cats who have been waiting a long time get adopted!

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles how fun! My daughter was born December 23rd, so we had half-birthday parties for her every August. That helped a lot as far as avoiding all the rush before Christmas. Of course she also got presents in December, so one year she told me what she wanted for her “other birthday”. How many kids are as lucky as that?

Status
Not open for further replies.