The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you are a CAT how could you NOT CELEBRATE having a cat tree!! That is like a dog receiving their own FIRE HYDRANT!!!There is always the standard wrapping paper, boxes and bags with BOWS!! I love hearing the rattling of the new found STUFF, when they get seriously into playing.....in this household it is known as PURE JOY!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ordered some final baby necessities from Amazon. Little socks and hats and a diaper bag. Really hoping he doesn't come til after the next payday cuz we're close to broke and still need diapers and wipes but, if it comes down to it, his mother can help us out. We needed to get the other stuff early enough to allow for shipping because we paid about half of what we would have buying from Wal Mart, which is really our only option here. Not to mention, our Wal Mart has almost no selection. There are things to love about a small town, but some downsides, too. John gets paid in a week so it should be fine.
Isn't it great that amazon exists? Personally, I prefer eBay, but both are essential in today's world. Don't know what we'd do without 'em!

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Major Tom Snickers is settled in back home. Did PAWsitively well with the emergency dental surgery. Turned out it was a baby tooth and doesn't seem to have an impact on his adult tooth and nothing was fractured. PAWsitively glad that the Banfield pet insurance cut the cost by more than half and that my furbaby will be ok.

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Noka says "Hi" and is inquiring about what every kit got for christmas. She is pawsitively happy to get a home with a loving family who spoils her and her brothers rotten with toys, furniture, and goodies to eats to. She is so happy to have a piece of furniture that she can climb on and dig her claws into.

And

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Father of furbabies Father of furbabies , Noka will undoubtedly be glad to hear that though we do not celebrate Christmas, cats do get special things at this time here, and Tarifa, Suha, and Elvis got lots of extra special food and treats! She is a gorgeous little tigress, btw, and we are very glad she is safely home and much loved, as each and every cat and kitten should be.
donnae donnae -- SO glad to hear this! *SNORGLES* to Major Tom!
A change in laptop has occurred. There is now a black-and-gold model on the cat blanket, warming us.
IMG_0319.JPG

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it great that amazon exists? Personally, I prefer eBay, but both are essential in today's world. Don't know what we'd do without 'em!
I don't think we could survive without Amazon at this point. I like eBay, too, but this time I really needed Amazon's 2 day shipping. I have a prime account, so shipping is free, which is also very helpful. And Wal Mart only has itself to blame. What kind of supposed superstore only has 2 small aisles for all the baby essentials - hats, socks, onesies, sleepers, etc?

twinkles21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 When I dropped it it landed screen up, and then was run over by at truck. By the miracle of all xmas miracles only the back plate shattered. :jive: Everything else is totally fine. Looks like it'll cost $90 to get it fixed, but I'm so just so eternally grateful to have it back at all.

Fortune has been good to me and I can't go into the new year with dirty karma. That's just asking for trouble lol :grouphug:

Alicia88 Alicia88 If you order lots from Amazon, do you have an eBates account? It's totally worth having an account with 4% cash back on amazon purchases.

CheshireXO

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Minnie and I are moving to a new place super early this new year! (4th jan) I'm very excited! We will be moving in with my boyfriend (Toronto) & I will be going to college this September! I took Minnie to the vet and she had everything she needed done. :) She just got a new carrier that's pink and grey and it's super cute she loves it and wants to live in it basically! It will be our fort time on a plane and I'm very excited to be experiencing all of this with my precious Minnie. ❤

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those roses are stunning! :rbheart:

I'm so grateful I live in a town that does a great job plowing and salting the streets. I don't like driving in winter, but at least I can do so in relative safety.

I'm also glad I have someone decisive in this apartment. I get back from the gym and ask if I should shower or have wine first and she meows and sits in front of the drawer that hides da bird. Decision made then! (I'm beginning to think she's got a bit of an addiction :dizzycat:)

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our daughter was due December 29 and every hour of every day after that we were anxiously waiting but no luck. However, she was a beautiful healthy baby girl and that's what really counts. :mommy:
Aedan isn't actually due until January 15 but I feel like I've been pregnant forever and I'm in almost constant pain so I'm just ready for it to be over. 37 weeks is perfectly safe and I've made it past that so I'm kind of in a hurry. But, he'll come when he's ready. I hope he decides he's ready very soon.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sitting here having a nice little laugh at my own expense.:paperbag: This year I saved all my birthday and Christmas money to put toward a laptop for myself. I love my desktop; but sometimes I need to go shut myself in my bedroom for some quiet time. And since we homeschool I'm finding times I'd love to have something mobile for visuals and things in our little classroom (aka the kitchen table). I finally made the purchase last Saturday. So I'm getting used to it. I keep letting my hand rest on the mouse track pad thingy and it's messing me up typing sometimes. But the real problem? At the moment the laptop is on my desk in front of my desktop. I keep grabbing the wrong mouse or the wrong keyboard and nothing is happening!! My mind is like "what did I do NOW!?" before it realizes I'm just using the wrong one... :flail:

It's nice that you have a place like that. We don't. There aren't even any play places in fast food restaurants anymore.
It's about 45 minutes from home. So not too far; but close enough to go to from time to time. We have a couple bouncy-house places within driving distance; but your right there are so few play places in fast food restaurants anymore. My DS cried when they tore down our McDonalds with a play place a few months ago. They rebuilt; but it doesn't have a play place. We have Chick-fil-a and Burger King with them at least. So the kids are happy enough. It's a nice way to reward them from time to time. And sometimes I can read a book or something like that when they are playing since they are a bit older now.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles how fun! My daughter was born December 23rd, so we had half-birthday parties for her every August. That helped a lot as far as avoiding all the rush before Christmas. Of course she also got presents in December, so one year she told me what she wanted for her “other birthday”. How many kids are as lucky as that?
I've thought about doing that before. Maybe someday we will try it. January is a CRAZY month for birthdays with our friends and family. Not all live in the area though so it helps. DD was born on my Grandpa's birthday (my due date was 3 weeks later on my Grandma's birthday!) and her half birthday would be on my other late-grandpa's birthday. So maybe a half birthday would be a nice way to remember him too. I'd REALLY love to get DD and my Grandpa together to celebrate their birthdays; but he lives where they get a lot of snow and I don't drive in that! It would be fun for the kids to play in though.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kept screwing up my gaming with the touchpad on my laptop. I'd already bought an actual mouse but my wrist would bump the touchpad and likely get me killed. So I disabled the touch pad altogether.

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m feeling pawsitive that kittens are responding well to clicker training. They get so eager for treats sometimes they sit before I’ve even asked! I’m hoping soon it’ll just take the voice or hand command for them to sit, and then we can move on. They’ve been responding pretty consistently, so I’m hopeful, but I want to make sure they really have it down.
I’m eager to work on some target training, so I can teach them to jump down off the counters when they aren’t supposed to be up there. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.