The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's Miss Honeybee begging to go out but it was cold n snowy. I did let her out the back door which she made 5 steps then turned around to come back in...
View attachment 211170
Beautiful dreamy Honeybee... hoping that Spring will be early next year, foxxycat foxxycat .
Missy enjoyed the snow for just one day and the next day she decided to stay indoors.

We had very mild temperatures the last few days (between 7 and 9 °C); many birds (great tit, bleu tit, robin, blackbird) have been visiting the bird feeder in the lilac tree in the garden. Missy has been observing them since this morning from the base of the tree, but she can't reach them without being seen. Bird watching - for real and online - is her favourite pastime and I love to see my chattering Missy that focused.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine

:blush:

Had to pop out and get some emergency cat food supplies this afternoon. I didn't have a lot of time so I went to the first drug store I came across, rather than my regular one.

As I walked through the door a girl dressed as Mrs Santa gave me a muesli bar with a ribbon on it, a new bar they are trying to promote. When I got to the checkout the cashier gave me a free sample of face cream, a gift to anyone who bought the brand of hand cream I'd picked up, and a discount voucher for the brands of cat food I'd bought.

When I got home I found that both sacks of dried cat food had free sample packs inside them.

:bunnydance:

Free stuff! Maybe there is a Santa after all!

:woo:

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Love taking the time first thing in the morning to read thru everyone's PAWsitive posts. What a wonderful way to start the day!
Got the tree done, presents are finally wrapped and I'm making the lasagna for tomorrow today. Looking forward to spending the time with family tomorrow!
IMG_20171222_205619~2.jpg

Capt. KitKat Jack guards the stockings.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The 17 1/2-year-old cat that belongs to our neighbor came to say hello this afternoon (and ask for treats). For years and years she was here every day, but that stopped the day we got Mowgli, and we're not even allowed to pet her when she can smell him on our hands.

She can no longer climb very well, but looks great for a cat her age and still manages to run off feline intruders.

Jamie hated her, but darn if we don't still sometimes find her sitting next to his grave. It's not a place she spent any time in before he was buried, either. :dunno: It's nice she remembers him.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:wave3: I hope everyone is doing as well as can be today! :hugs:

My pawsitive post at this time is that- Snorgel is still hiding safely inside of Milly's stocking, he has one more day of relative peace and quiet. We hang our stockings at the very top of our pocket doors so Milly cannot grab them!
Milly-snorgel-24DEC2017.jpg

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a few positives for today (I'll try and space them out since this is a fundraiser). Fisrt off I let Festus aka daddy cat to the babies I trapped out (he NEVER stops yelling) and he's now laying on the bed yelling at me. His baby callie aka Caroline came to say hi and love. I took some pics but they aren't very good.
20171224_090014.jpg
20171224_085955.jpg
my phone camera is permanently dirty so don't mind all that. If u notice the black ball with the white nose posted in the cat tree, that's my new foster... can't tell he's only been here a day and a half.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The weather forecaster was finally right! :yess: I woke up to snow this morning. Carleton was mesmerized by the falling flakes and couldn't take his eyes off the window. We both sat quietly watching the flurries dance in harmony. :cloud9:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love taking the time first thing in the morning to read thru everyone's PAWsitive posts. What a wonderful way to start the day!
Got the tree done, presents are finally wrapped and I'm making the lasagna for tomorrow today. Looking forward to spending the time with family tomorrow!
View attachment 211193
Capt. KitKat Jack guards the stockings.
donnae donnae - How wonderful your house looks at Christmastide, and everything is more festive with a cat or two, no?

Taking home three feral cats off the streets has proved to be the best decision I've ever made, both for me and for them. My beautiful babies.
Felines are superior Felines are superior - It's almost overwhelming when ferals finally understand that they're Loved, and that home is forever, isn't it?

Thank you 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine

:blush:

Had to pop out and get some emergency cat food supplies this afternoon. I didn't have a lot of time so I went to the first drug store I came across, rather than my regular one.

As I walked through the door a girl dressed as Mrs Santa gave me a muesli bar with a ribbon on it, a new bar they are trying to promote. When I got to the checkout the cashier gave me a free sample of face cream, a gift to anyone who bought the brand of hand cream I'd picked up, and a discount voucher for the brands of cat food I'd bought.

When I got home I found that both sacks of dried cat food had free sample packs inside them.

:bunnydance:

Free stuff! Maybe there is a Santa after all!

:woo:

Norachan Norachan - Trust me - there certainly is a Santa Claus. Want to know Santa's real identity? Just ask your twenty-six cats.

§ § § §

Here in a more modest eleven-cat household, there's something for everyone on Cat TV, and the cats are glued to the windows like furry little snowflakes. Oz and White Tip at one kitchen window, watching the Pileated Woodpeckers, Scottiecat and Peanut at another, observing the finches; Bob and Lance, sharing the little stool in the family room, enthralled by the Jays and Cardinals; Puff watching a squirrel outwitting a "squirrel-proof feeder," just beyond reach, through the downstairs front bedroom window, while Miro chatters at an Indigo Bunting on an hanging feeder from the back bedroom downstairs; Black Friday and Clawed-Ya in the sun porch and drawing room windows, watching the Wrens and Starlings vie for spilled seeds, and Moo Shu dashing madly from one room to another, determined to see everything, like an old-fashioned neighbourhood gossip. There are countless windows still catless; maybe eleven simply isn't enough....

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning Cat Lovers!
MAX slept on my left side (my leg). I woke wondering if I had been sleepwalking perhaps? I actually have paw bruises so I know I didn't wander!! SNOOP DOG the 3 month babysitting job is overwhelming at times...he is a talker due to being a bit HUSKY the DNA TEST reflects
And 80lbs of lab dog on top of it! Talk about paw bruises :). He is also wolfhound, don't see that either....take a peek.
20171220_160045.jpg

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Max's Human Max's Human ! That's a lot of dog!

I just found a site all about cats and not to mention my cats opened their Christmas presents today so that's a pawsitive thing :)
Welcome to The Cat Site, the best community on the internet for cats and their humans! We hope you and your cats will be with us for a very long time! And please post pictures. For some odd reason we all love cat pictures here. :headscratch:

Well, we got more snow last night. Lest you think I'm complaining, like the rest of the Western United States Colorado has been in a drought for over a decade now (actually, I think it's getting on for two decades) and we desperately need the water. More important than the snow here in town, however, is the snow we got in the mountains. That's the snow that means water next summer.

And I saw this lovely story on the news this morning {Warning: This is a two hankie story}: Man with Alzheimer's still striving to make new music

Margret

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
IMG_8864.JPG
On my favorite holiday time - Christmas Eve (Day,) - I am happy to have family visiting, and kitties / pups cuddling. We got the fireplace working again, (yay!) and Mog was laid out on the couch last night - dreaming about his unwrapped presents.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Just got back from gym-good workout- and used their hydromassage bed...yes it's worth upgrading to planet fitness black membership.

Now I am cooking...meatloaf n bean casserole and homemade bread. I just mixed the flour n water and have to let it bubble up...probably a few hours?!

20171224_145159.jpg

Honeybee poked around on the snow and I got some pictures.
20171224_143833.jpg

20171224_143813.jpg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat -- what gorgeous pix! And btw, I have those cats, too :lovecat3::zzzcat:

So wonderful reading all of the PAWsitive posts especially those about newly adopted and rescued cats! Those are the absolute best.
Welcome to all of the new members posting on these threads -- may you enjoy it here at TCS! *and post lots of pix* :happycat:
Doing wash -- because who doesn't love clean laundry? -- and really loving my current laptop, BABY SU! who NEVER comes in here but has decided to make an exception. Almost lunch time. :clapcat:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Luna la chat , welcome! :hellosmiley: So glad that you're here with us!

foxxycat foxxycat , you sure got lots more snow than we did here in Central Mass!

My pawsitive is I am just finishing compiling an album of antique postcards of Boston, Massachusetts which I have collected over the past year and will present it tonight to my nephew who lives in and loves that city. I can't wait to give it to him!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a delicious Christmas dinner and now I'm ready for a nap. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be joined by a couple of kitties, at least. Marcy still doesn't sleep with us but she always climbs onto the bed to tell us good night before continuing on her merry way. The other 3 come and go as they please.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 211268 On my favorite holiday time - Christmas Eve (Day,) - I am happy to have family visiting, and kitties / pups cuddling. We got the fireplace working again, (yay!) and Mog was laid out on the couch last night - dreaming about his unwrapped presents.
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Mog looks completely at ease here, bathing in the firelight. No hearth is complete on Christmas Eve without at least one kitty.

Honeybee poked around on the snow and I got some pictures.
View attachment 211303
View attachment 211304
foxxycat foxxycat - Awww... the beautiful Miss Bee - she's as pretty coming as she s going!

Status
Not open for further replies.