The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
10 degrees Fahrenheit / minus 12 degrees Celsius in Ottawa today with a little bit of snow on the ground. Unless the snow melts it will be the end of outdoor visits for Zoe and Taz until the spring, they both hate the cold snow. I had a wonderful weekend with the cats and they love the IKEA beds.

Sunrise in Ottawa, Mid January 2013. Rideau River frozen over.
OttawaMidJan2013.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And even Mondo wanted to play, too!
View attachment 209469

Obviously, it's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it makes me happy to have cat-ified more of my house!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - I hate to disillusion you, but Mondo is... uhhhh... well, he's a dog!

;)

We've had just a bit of light snow today - enough to make the world pretty, but not so much as to cause Travel Chaos. A bit further south, however - Travel Chaos.

EllieMe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyone else have a super-playful cat? Mine's roughly 3 yrs old and keeps stealing the kids' toys to play with them. He even steals magnets off the fridge! He definitely doesn't know how the magnet "fell apart" ;) Wishing you a happy, playful day!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
It's a bright sunny day out- looks like a high of 40°F. Gonna take the bike out for a quick ride-looks like the snow we had Saturday is already melting. I walked down some of the side streets near where I ride and looks like no ice on the roads-so gonna get another good workout in. Tomorrow more snow! Good news-gonna rain after! Let the rain wash it away! That's good news to me! I don't feel like dealing with winter yet-although it IS pretty.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - I hate to disillusion you, but Mondo is... uhhhh... well, he's a dog!

;)

Oh, wow. You're right! I checked, and he IS a dog. I should've said: "it may not have prettified my house any, but it did help to pet-ifiy it." Petrify? No. That can't be right.

Either way, Mondo has been watching the kitties play on their new tree as if it were an addictive TV show. I'm very happy we got it. And I'm feeling a ton less sick today! Must be all the PAWsitive vibes. :hyper:

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, wow. You're right! I checked, and he IS a dog. I should've said: "it may not have prettified my house any, but it did help to pet-ifiy it." Petrify? No. That can't be right.

Either way, Mondo has been watching the kitties play on their new tree as if it were an addictive TV show. I'm very happy we got it. And I'm feeling a ton less sick today! Must be all the PAWsitive vibes. :hyper:
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer that looks like a very nice cat tree! Very tall! Glad you are feeling better today.
@Norachan and Shane Kent Shane Kent those are absolutely beautiful pictures. Winter really is pretty when the snow is fresh fallen. My daughter was just admiring the beauty of a snowflake that landed on her sleeve. If only it wasn't so cold! I'll have to look back at @mama africa 's heater. Warmed me up just to see the picture! Sure hope Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico gets her heat working soon!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As utilities are SO expensive, I hardly ever use heat. Warm clothes layered, and blankets if needed, make it unnecessary here in SoCali, at least; and my very bony hands are a problem in the cold as I need them for the keyboard, so I have a pair of fingerless gloves bought for $1 at Petco, of all places, that work wonderfully. I don't know what I'd do without them.
IMG_3427.JPG

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That new show on ANIMAL PLANET, "my big fat pet makeover" is a WONDERFUL show about extending our fur kids lifes by having them lose weight and become active, a real life saver and at the end of each episode the humans are given a box of goodies from CHEWY! It is Amazing how people overfeed their furkids, a real eye opener.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 209535 It took 10 years but finally my sweet feral rescue sat on my lap, it felt great! Love that Miss Purdy❤
bonepicker bonepicker - Your post gets my vote for the best post on the thread. Ten years... wow. My White Tip took a little over three, Black Friday just over two, and Clawed-Ya... well, she's been inside about 2½ years now, but she's almost there, I think.

Truly feral cats are amazing animals. There's nothing in the world that will ever measure up to the feeling you get the moment you know that they understand that they're safe forever, and Loved completely. Congratulations to you and to Miss Purdy!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
That new show on ANIMAL PLANET, "my big fat pet makeover" is a WONDERFUL show about extending our fur kids lifes by having them lose weight and become active, a real life saver and at the end of each episode the humans are given a box of goodies from CHEWY! It is Amazing how people overfeed their furkids, a real eye opener.
I don’t have a TV, because I figure I can find most of the shows I like online after they air. I have never heard of that new Animal Planet show; I’ll have to keep an eye out for it. My favorite Animal Planet show is Too Cute. It’s just sooo cute! Here’s a pawsitively adorable clip:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, bonepicker bonepicker -- you DO have an excellent post! My Suha, who is my icon model, was feral and is only bonded to me. She was a kitten when she found me, so she learned right away that I was the foodbringer, cleaner-upper, toy-player-wither, etc., and so she learned to trust me as much as she has ever trusted anyone. Other semi-feral cats in my life have learned to trust to a degree, but were never lap cats. And then there was Shah Rukh, who was completely and utterly feral and NEVER, EVER, wanted anything to do with humans. She did let my ex catch her and so she was spayed and vetted, and she'd accept food, but never affection.
abyeb abyeb -- isn't that THE CUTEST show? I love it, too! *but only when it's all cats*
Doing a lot of uploading, a huge project -- hope it works! Wish me luck, all.
Dinnertime is fast approaching, along with more great "BIG CAT WEEK" shows on NatGeoWILD! I can't wait.
IMG_0314.JPG

Elvis, who's a fairly big cat himself.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My good news for today is that I've finally decorated my home for the holidays.

One thing I had discovered about my cat Milly is that she loves to scratch on her favorite scratch post particularly when I've overturned one of her cat beds onto the top of it. She likes to reach up underneath it, hiding her head, and "secretly" scratch on the post. I think she thinks no one can see her.

She's not in this photo, but here is a view of that set-up in our bedroom:
Milly-11DEC2017-a.jpg

So, when I finished up the Christmas decorations today, I decided to use the tree skirt for her big scratch post, as a fun hidey place for her. (We've never been able to have a tree yet with Milly around... it would be mayhem.)

Here she is checking out the updated holiday scratch post:
Milly-11DEC2017-b.jpg

i'm sure she'll have fun tucking her face up under there when she scratches the post! Maybe in the future, I can get a good shot for the 'You Can't See me!' thread.

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I think :crossfingers: I may have found a cat sitter to take care of Chula and Paul over Christmas so that I can visit my daughters and son-in-law!
animated-banana-smiley-image-0035.gif
Banana Santa.gif

The guy is a former vet tech, licensed and bonded, has good reviews and will visit them twice a day. Hopefully, his references check out and everything is okay in our face to face meeting. The alternative is boarding them and after last time, that isn't happening. Poor Chula was so upset that she wouldn't eat and was just a furry sack of meowing bones when I appeared and delivered her from hell on earth.

Here she is begging me not to take her back to that horrible place ever again.
IMG_4341.jpg

Here she is letting me know that if I do take her back, there will be Consequences.

Chula giving side eye .jpg

Did I mention that the rates are reasonable?
banana_smiley_035.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.