The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been a fan of cats my whole life; I can't imagine not having one. I love their beans and whiskers and the spot right in front of their ears. :petcat: I am someone who loves to kiss their cats. Lucky for the cats I have mellowed over the years as sometimes I probably irritated them with the hugs and love I gave! :catlove:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It's very cold outside tonight but I am tucked up warm and cozy in my bed with a cat on either side of my head. It's like wearing a vice pair of earmuffs. A pair of earmuffs with two sets of claws. Long claws. Long sharp claws that are using my head for kneading practice. Despite (or perhaps because of) the many little holes in my noggin, I am completely happy. :cloud9:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Despite (or perhaps because of) the many little holes in my noggin, I am completely happy. :cloud9:
Some form of feline trepanning, I guess? I hear it can cure migraines as well as ward of evil spirits. That must be why you're so happy.

All my attempts at making a kitten proof baby gate have failed. The little poopers can get over a gate that's waist height on me. Any higher and it would defeat the purpose of having a gate. The older cats wouldn't be able to get over it so I may as well just shut the door (Then open the door, then shut the door, then open it again several thousand times a day :ohwell: )

Instead I decided to put the older cats outside, lock the cat door and allow the kittens to explore the whole downstairs part of the house this afternoon. They had a fantastic time and now they're all curled up in a ball, snoring gently.

:wavey:

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So it seems that @1CatOverTheLine has thrown down the gauntlet so to speak. Fine.
As I'm trying to get ready for work, I'm being followed around by lots of furry speedbumps. Sure, they may do it in the hopes that I will randomly start dropping treats (miracles do happen), but I choose to believe they do it because I'm loved.
:cloud9::redheartpump::lovecat2:
20171112_034229.jpg

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a lovely lazy coffee and cat filled morning and finally got to catch up on this wonderful thread.

My small pawsitivity input came yesterday. My Scraggies can be fussy with his toys and when he does find favourites they either disappear as I think he brings them on little adventures or they get destroyed from being chewed up and tossed about the place.

One of his favourites was a little white mouse which came in a gift box last Christmas. This mouse has been through the wars and I've had to confiscate it over the summer as he managed to burst it and the stuffing was coming through.

I couldn't find a replacement for it anywhere - until yesterday when I saw that my local pet shop had got them in!

I got two of them - one for Scraggles and one for my visiting cat who seems to love it just as much - happy days! :yess:

IMG_20171112_104747.jpg

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I send you some Belgian pralines, Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico , to make your day even better.

Oh, mama africa mama africa you are such a wonderful person, now my day is perfect!
Bichisoise has fell asleep too now, so I am watching "Murder, she wrote" trying yo solve the mystery before Jessica does ;)

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight might be date night. We have tentative plans to go out to dinner. However, John worked 4 to midnight, didn't get much sleep last night, and had to be back in by 7 to work til noon. So, he might be too tired to go out tonight. Which would be understandable. So, I'm tentatively excited about it. If not tonight, we'll go out his next day off. I want Pancake City. It's a local place and they have amazing pancakes, but I'm really thinking more along the lines of their mushroom cheddar burger. It's covered with so much melted cheddar cheese, you can't pick it up to eat it - you have to use a knife and fork. And now I've got myself practically drooling at the thought. Mmmmmmm

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a random message from the WoW development for my "tenacity in running dungeons with people I don't know" and a free battle pet. It's a pug. I collect battle pets and that's one I didn't have. I don't know if this is a common thing - I've gotten rewards from completed achievements but never a reward from the development team. It was a nice surprise. And, I got all my flight achievements so I might start leveling some other characters. No more running around on the ground getting lost because I can't just fly straight to where I need to go. Yay!

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
read your "wake up call" @1CatOverTheLine , I'll become a willing participant.

Weird that we encountered and adopted not 1, but 2... black, starving, wandering strays within a 6 month period. I've lived here 30 years...none others before and since. I'm convinced they are somehow related and originated from the same source.

A question for the experts...could the 2nd cat follow the scent of the 1st...even 6 months later?

With winter getting an early grip on us....safe to say both my guys are happy to be safe, consistently warm and fed nowadays. At the risk of repeating myself....I'm SO relieved they somehow found their way to the "right place".
window.JPG

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Today is the first day in practically a week that I did not have to be up at dawn. I have so much to catch up on around the house but when I woke up Carleton was sleeping beside me and purring to his heart's content. I knew I should get up to start my day but couldn't bear the thought of leaving him, so I didn't. Sundays are perfect days to sleep in especially when you have bundle of fur beside you. :itslove:

-Mia-

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankful for a nice lazy Sunday at my house today... :clapcat:

My husband is spending the afternoon watching sports on tv... :banana1:

My kitten is sound asleep on the kitty hammock!... :sleepycat:

Me, I've decided I'm going to watch the movie, "Hachi". :happycat: I love this movie, and I watch it at least once a year... So heartwarming!

I've got my box of tissues ready! :bawling: :sniffle: :bawling:

:cutecat:

bigbadbass

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
jcat-

I can relate to mechanical/plumbing being "tricky" (to put it nicely)

I frequently work on motorcycles....current project ...drilling out/removing broken off exhaust studs on a neighbors Yamaha dirtbike.
A very slow, tedious process, labor intensive, physically demanding. A mistake will destroy an expensive cylinder head.

Ugh.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WRONG, @1CatOverTheLine . Just WRONG. Mohrle clearly wants to come to ME. And that's that. :insertevillaugh:
Meanwhile, in cool, quiet, clean, wonderful Glendale, CATifornia, it is another productive day to advocate for cats needing loving permanent homes. I am well-equipped with cats: A torti next to me and a blue-cream laptop. We are happy. We are safe. We are well-fed. We are grateful. Now let's get those CATS into loving forever homes! :clap2::petcat:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've decided I'm going to watch the movie, "Hachi". :happycat: I love this movie, and I watch it at least once a year... So heartwarming!
Being a dog lover, as well as a cat lover, I'm very familiar with that movie. Best of all, it's based on a true story and Akitas are extremely noble dogs. Have you read the book, Hachiko Waits?

The professor had suffered a cerebral hemorrhage, while he was giving a lecture, and died without ever returning to the train station in which Hachikō would wait. Each day, for the next 9 yrs., 9 months and 15 days, Hachikō awaited Ueno's return, appearing precisely when the train was due at the station.
I'm with you, this story brings on the tears every time. :bawling2: But on a positive note, it proves that both dogs and cats are truly loyal to their human companions.

Status
Not open for further replies.