The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
The first powerful North wind of the year hit Ottawa last Friday. Really early in the morning and by 12:30 in the morning it pushed down a big pine tree on the front lawn. It landed in a huge oak tree and my neighbors were woken by chain saws at 1:00 in the morning. Thank God it landed in the oak tree and not on the house.

TreeNov2017_1.jpg

TreeNov2017_2.jpg

The city had it all cut up and off the yard by the time I got home from work.

My Friday didn't start out good but it ended with my wife brought home two more chairs for the TV room.

KittyRustyTVChairs.jpg

ZoeTVChair.jpg

Now the TV room chairs are done it is on to IKEA for Christmas gifts :)

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
This cheery looking fellow is Vitamin C and is the (probable) reason that I am not presently buried in my blankets feeling sorry for myself.

Vitamin C 400x250.gif

Doesn't he look happy, all ho ho ho and trucking along in his molecular world? Many years ago, I discovered that taking a gram or two of Vitamin C at the first hint of a head cold meant the impending head cold would just fade away. Then I learned that research found that the impact of Vitamin C on colds was minimal to non-existent. "So, what?" I thought. "Hurray for the placebo effect!" A couple of decades later and I now give Vitamin C credit where it's due. Yesterday I had the makings of a truly miserable head cold and cough. Two grams of Vitamin C later and I'm feeling Pawsitive again. :bunnydance:
animated-banana-smiley-image-0050.gif

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent , sure glad that tree didn't do damage though sorry to see it fall *I love trees*. Those are GREAT chairs! Onward to IKEA! :cool2:
margd margd , I tend to cast a jaundiced eye on "research" and I'm another person who loves Vitamin C (along with all the others. Yes, I take a multi-vit-&-mineral daily, along with extra C and some different things like flaxseed oil, green tea & cinnamon, etc. No "research" or media slurs will ever stop me!) ;)
A beautiful afternoon in la-la land. Cats are well fed and happy observing the gardeners, contractors, and denizens of our little world. :insertevillaugh::dancingblackcat::clapcat::bluecat:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
After 4 long days of working I finally got a day off today. I'd arranged to meet my mom for 'brunch' so it was a yummy bacon and egg roll and a pot of tea at a local cafe for me - always good start to my day. :yummy: Then it was a quick trip to the vet surgery so Mouse could get his weight checked, and finally I got to come home and lounge on the sofa for hours and hours. Because Mouse is a chilled out and forgiving sort of guy he was happy to lounge with me. :yess::petcat: He's busy kneading away on his fleece beside me now and looking for me to go off to bed. Bliss.

-Mia-

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just wasted over an hour of my life watching videos about these things called L.O.L Surprise! I was intrigued! I kept watching to see what other surprise was going to be unwrapped, lol.

:kitty:

The very positive thing in this is that, no matter how hot these are for Christmas, and no matter how good my sweet little girl has been, these items are not appropriate for my pretty little baby, therefore I will not be shelling out good money for these silly, addicting toys!

:cutecat:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The kittens had to go to the vet this morning for their first vaccinations and blood tests. All four of them tested negative for FIV and FeLV.

:bliss:

Mr Husband called the lady who finds kittens places in shelters and they should be able to go in about two weeks. They will all be going to one of the Tokyo Cat Cafes, where they will stay until they find their forever homes. Not sure if all four will be going to the same cafe or not, but I guess most kittens get split up from their siblings at about that age. (They will be about 10 weeks old when they go to the cafes)

So I get to enjoy the little fluff balls for another two weeks yet!

:happycat:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens had to go to the vet this morning for their first vaccinations and blood tests. All four of them tested negative for FIV and FeLV.

:bliss:

Mr Husband called the lady who finds kittens places in shelters and they should be able to go in about two weeks. They will all be going to one of the Tokyo Cat Cafes, where they will stay until they find their forever homes. Not sure if all four will be going to the same cafe or not, but I guess most kittens get split up from their siblings at about that age. (They will be about 10 weeks old when they go to the cafes)

So I get to enjoy the little fluff balls for another two weeks yet!

:happycat:
Norachan Norachan - That's great news!
moozoom2.gif

This - rescues and fosters - going to cat cafés is a wonderful idea, and I'll bet it could be made to work in America with a bit of psychology. Just as with pizza reward cards, one could punch a card entitling the patron to a free cat with the purchase of three cappuccinos. Just the thought that they were getting something for free would make it work like a charm!

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My pawsitivity for this morning is Scraggles finally slept on the bed with me again last night! :hearthrob:

We've had a visitor to the house who's another male cat. Poor Scrags had been quite put out by his presence and, amongst other things, has refused to sleep on the bed at night since kitty's arrival. I have felt so badly about this but last night I woke up to find that Scraggles had once again curled up behind my knees like he used to. He didn't stay the whole night and was back on his perch by morning but I figure it's a pawsitive step in the right direction... :catrub:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - That's great news!
View attachment 205140

This - rescues and fosters - going to cat cafés is a wonderful idea, and I'll bet it could be made to work in America with a bit of psychology. Just as with pizza reward cards, one could punch a card entitling the patron to a free cat with the purchase of three cappuccinos. Just the thought that they were getting something for free would make it work like a charm!
You could add an extra bonus :
The more free cats you take away or the bigger they are, the more free cappuccinos (or donuts) you get.

I'm in my office in Bruxelles. I had a very short night (again), due to a chronic restless mind. Visiting TCS seemes to be one of the best treatments for my restless mind.
I'm very happy to be part of this cat 'society' on the internet. It' s a nice place to be and to remain.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! Today is trapping day at one of our colonies for a spay/neuter! I love being a part of bettering the lives of ferals. They didn't ask for this life. It is so rewarding just knowing how many more kittens would be born each year if I hadn't played a part in fixing them. It even makes me happy to see others fixing cats, that is one reason I love reading the stories here!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 'sign' from Burt! The DAY he passed a tiny grey and white kitten showed up, very feral. I have NEVER seen another grey and white in this area, so it seems a little strange one would show up the day Burt crossed over. I am sad and happy at the same time. Another mouth to feed (and I don't even know male or female) and a reminder of my beloved boy, but on the other hand it is wonderful to see, another reminder there are things that just can't be explained! He's learning the routine of food time, but is so small, he can squeeze under our gate. He will have a rough time this winter, but I can make sure he eats well!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Today is a glorious, positively pawsitive day because it is Carleton's Gotcha Day. :heartshape: Two years ago today we adopted our beautiful and charming Persian boy. After a bath, healthy diet, grooming and lots of TLC he flourished into the most loving and wonderful cat. Happy Gotcha Day Carleton! :creampersian:

Carleton paw on kit floor.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enjoyed watering the plants early this morning, as always. The nectarine's leaves are orange now; the redbud only has a few leaves left, which are golden. The Three are well fed and happy, and there is a lot of activity on the block, which they love surveilling. Really love some of the posts others are leaving! ;):dancingblackcat::clapcat::petcat:

Status
Not open for further replies.